Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    bluegrace said:

^^Thank you!

you´re welcome...feeling with you (need a change too)!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Tomorrow. :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited February 2015
    bluegrace said:

My interview, I hope it goes well. I really want a new job now.

Best of luck! EDIT: Oohh I saw on the other thread you said it went well! That's wondrful! :)
    Mine today I thought went well, and I have one tomorrow, which I'm more nervous for. The man who called me for the one tomorrow was pretty rude at one point to me over the phone. Nevertheless gonna see how the interview pans out.
    RKCNDY said:

samjam said:

Decided that when I get a place of my own, which is hopefully by the end of next month, I will be getting a bearded dragon as a pet :) Accepting name suggestions now!

My friend had one. His name was Merlin (the lizard) ;) He enjoyed watching tv and if you scratched his head, he would squint his eyes. And he was an escape artist. I never knew where I would find him when I was dragon sitting.
    I love beardies...a client had one that he carried with him everywhere, well it rode on his shoulder and hid under the guy's hair. Really cool lizard.

I hear they come in purple too.
    I heard they are bred to be some really beautiful colors. I think I'm going to get one from a reptile specialty shop, a reptile show, or a breeder. I don't know why the idea of getting one from Petco or PetSmart seems like not as good of an idea to me, but it does.

I hear they're really wonderful pets, and have been pleased with all the stuff I've read and the research I've done! Fits my upcoming situation well, too. I'd love a cat, which I have experience with, but my boyfriend is allergic. I'd love a dog, but that will wait--I don't have experience with owning a dog, and it would not be a good idea when just finding a first place of my own.
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    My bestie is going into surgery because she cut part of her finger off with a saw....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I really need to start physical therapy for my back. I can't even do the litter boxes anymore without needing a painkiller & to lay down for an hour afterwards.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    samjam said:

I heard they are bred to be some really beautiful colors. I think I'm going to get one from a reptile specialty shop, a reptile show, or a breeder. I don't know why the idea of getting one from Petco or PetSmart seems like not as good of an idea to me, but it does.

I hear they're really wonderful pets, and have been pleased with all the stuff I've read and the research I've done! Fits my upcoming situation well, too. I'd love a cat, which I have experience with, but my boyfriend is allergic. I'd love a dog, but that will wait--I don't have experience with owning a dog, and it would not be a good idea when just finding a first place of my own.

oh yeah, really awesome pets! Make sure you search out a good exotics veterinarian too...sometimes they get constipated. (I would love one...but I don't like bugs and that would be mean to just feed the guy salad only)

You are correct in not purchasing one from a big box pet store. They do get their animals from breeders, but those are breeders are on a larger scale, and typically the pets are not always the healthiest. Some smaller locally owned pet shops have excellent animals, check those places out too.

Please post pics when you get it! :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    My husband is an idiot!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    STOP SNORING!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    samjam said:

bluegrace said:

My interview, I hope it goes well. I really want a new job now.

Best of luck! EDIT: Oohh I saw on the other thread you said it went well! That's wondrful! :)
    Mine today I thought went well, and I have one tomorrow, which I'm more nervous for. The man who called me for the one tomorrow was pretty rude at one point to me over the phone. Nevertheless gonna see how the interview pans out.

Thats so wrong. They shouldn't be rude. Mind your manners! :)
    Good luck today!
    RKCNDY said:

samjam said:

Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    edited February 2015
    PJSiren said:

My husband is an idiot!

I didn't know my wife was a member! LOL

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Stupid bus didn't run and now i'm going to be late home from work :( On the plus side, it's nearly the weekend!
  • Options

PJSiren said:

My husband is an idiot!

LMAO! Your's says the same thing, eh? Mine thinks he's a genius, however...but I hate to burst his bubble...who am I kidding? No I don't!!! LOL
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJSiren said:

PJSiren said:

My husband is an idiot!

LMAO! Your's says the same thing, eh? Mine thinks he's a genius, however...but I hate to burst his bubble...who am I kidding? No I don't!!! LOL
    As long as your husband didn't do the cutting of the finger with the saw, he's one step ahead.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    PJSiren said:

PJSiren said:

My husband is an idiot!

I'm sure she does....to her friends and coworkers! LOL

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Wondering why am I finding every task overwhelming.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    I finally get to apply to be PERMENENT AT FSA!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    PJSiren said:

Is that job you are currently in? Whichever job, congratulations!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

PJSiren said:

Yes, it's the job I've been temping in for almost 8 months...I just found out today that I finally get to apply and go through the hiring proccess...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    PJSiren said:

PJSiren said:

Yes, it's the job I've been temping in for almost 8 months...I just found out today that I finally get to apply and go through the hiring proccess...
    That's fantastic! Good luck :-)
  • Options
    Beginning to see what Kat meant about cliques haha
  • Options
    See The Dead at Soldier Field is not going to be easy. Tickets NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Gillycw said:

PJSiren said:

PJSiren said:

That's fantastic! Good luck :-)
    Thanks! :-) I'm so excited! *SQUEEEEE*
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    food
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Family drama at a birthday party, leaving me to haul out with my 11 year old who managed to only get one shoe on. We have snow. And a lot of it. Poor kid. She did as she was told. I'm glad I left when I did. A smackdown was imminent. My daughter didn't need to see that. Pisses me off that people can't get along and that they think that the world revolves around each one of them.
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    My 15 yo daughter came to me and said, "mom, after much thought, I've finally decided what my top 5 favorite pj songs are, and these aren't in order bc that's impossible: sad, inside job, hard to imagine, strangest tribe and given to fly (even though it's overplayed)". I tried so hard not to giggle at that "overplayed". Has she become a pj fan elitist?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Sleep!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

My 15 yo daughter came to me and said, "mom, after much thought, I've finally decided what my top 5 favorite pj songs are, and these aren't in order bc that's impossible: sad, inside job, hard to imagine, strangest tribe and given to fly (even though it's overplayed)". I tried so hard not to giggle at that "overplayed". Has she become a pj fan elitist?

Tell her that I agree that it is overplayed, too. :insert a winking smilie because they aren't working again:
  • Options
    Jealousy is a truly horrible character trait and no more horrible than when you recognise it in yourself
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Trying to get motivated to shovel snow, and wondering if my dentist appointment is still on for today.
    ELITIST FUK