Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

who the hell is scott l---an?!!??!?!?

idk if he's on here but he's in a lot of the fb groups. I've done trades with him before with no issues.
    okay...because he shows up as TF's friend, and well, everybody is his friend...but then again, I don't know who you are... :crazy:
    yea i've got several ppl i don't know on my friends list from PJ groups. I don't use fb in a very personal way - if I'm honest i use it more for stuff like bands and news than actual people. I think some people will friend you just so that they can pm you without the message going into "other"
    hmmm...I had some guy who wouldn't quit messaging me, he was a friend of a friend, or some fan of the same band I am. I kinda stopped accepting friend requests unless I actually know a mutual friend IRL.
    FB for me is the same way you use it, I only really use it to keep up with bands, my PJ friends, and enter stupid contests. People I know in person; but aren't part of my PJ craziness, get mad at me because I won't friend them on FB...I told them, "I don't want the drama".
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    samjam said:

FrankieG said:

samjam said:

samjam said:

A few amazing concert announcements are just what I needed!!! :)

HAHAHAH spoke too soon! 2 of my favorite bands of the moment announced shows on the same date here. Not cool.
    That happened to me this past weekend.. Who are your 2 conflicts?
    Alabama Shakes with Father John Misty and Lake Street Dive

Seen the Shakes once, but was at a day festival thing, so not full set--plus this time will be with new music. Equally as big of a draw is Father John Misty, who I've been DYING to see since his first album, and it's never worked. At a cool venue as well.

Never seen Lake Street Dive, and also have been absolutely dying to see them for a while, and again, things haven't worked out. This show is also $20 cheaper.

So I don't know. Weighing the pros and cons, I think I'd pick Lake Street Dive. Boyfriend wants to go to the Shakes/FJM show. Bleh.
    That's a tough call. I wanted to see Lake Street Dive at Roo last year but the schedule conflicted with another band. I would go with whoever tours less often haha
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    FrankieG said:

samjam said:

FrankieG said:

samjam said:

samjam said:

A few amazing concert announcements are just what I needed!!! :)

HAHAHAH spoke too soon! 2 of my favorite bands of the moment announced shows on the same date here. Not cool.
    That happened to me this past weekend.. Who are your 2 conflicts?
    Alabama Shakes with Father John Misty and Lake Street Dive

Seen the Shakes once, but was at a day festival thing, so not full set--plus this time will be with new music. Equally as big of a draw is Father John Misty, who I've been DYING to see since his first album, and it's never worked. At a cool venue as well.

Never seen Lake Street Dive, and also have been absolutely dying to see them for a while, and again, things haven't worked out. This show is also $20 cheaper.

So I don't know. Weighing the pros and cons, I think I'd pick Lake Street Dive. Boyfriend wants to go to the Shakes/FJM show. Bleh.
    That's a tough call. I wanted to see Lake Street Dive at Roo last year but the schedule conflicted with another band. I would go with whoever tours less often haha
    I live in the midwest now...EVERYONE tours less often lol

I have half an hour to decide before the first presale. I really don't have a freaking clue. I wish it was more clear cut, but this is a super hard decision.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    ^^Well, went with Alabama Shakes/FJM, as I scored 3rd row seats in the presale! :)

Ultimately, can't go wrong. Super pumped!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Tattoos! I need new ink!!! Lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Can't wait for 5pm to roll around. It's been a long work week so far, and there's 2 more days to go. I need a beer.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options

Can't wait for 5pm to roll around. It's been a long work week so far, and there's 2 more days to go. I need a beer.

here ya go dave...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,368
    You know that feeling when 'one of those days' in work turns into 'one of those weeks'?...
    This week has mostly been soundtracked by Faith No More's "Angel Dust", the only record able to fully articulate exactly what is going on in my head right now

http://youtu.be/VSh2-gDn82k
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    tomorrow hanging out with an old mate, wondering how shes doing
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    On my way to the airport for my annual badminton pilgrimage to the All-England Open in Birmingham :)
  • Options
    Kinda hungry...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    The flicker on my fireplace flue that is making the family room sound like it is taking small arms fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrcoKxJFZ0s
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    Aaaand rejected from the job I wanted the most.

On the plus side, had a great interview today for another company I'd be happy to work for. Just sucks the rejection took the wind out of the great interview, as first place was the place I wanted to work at the most/has the most relevance to what I eventually want to do.

Good god. Never would I have thought it would be this hard to get a job.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Having a mild panic attack at leaving my sites for 8 weeks, I don't have enough time before I go to get everything ready, I'm worried things will go wrong or they just won't be looked after like I think they should.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    samjam said:

Aaaand rejected from the job I wanted the most.

On the plus side, had a great interview today for another company I'd be happy to work for. Just sucks the rejection took the wind out of the great interview, as first place was the place I wanted to work at the most/has the most relevance to what I eventually want to do.

Good god. Never would I have thought it would be this hard to get a job.

Hang in there. You will find your place.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    I'm about to embark on my journey home in treacherous snow
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited March 2015

The flicker on my fireplace flue that is making the family room sound like it is taking small arms fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrcoKxJFZ0s

Mr RK freaked out over the heater making a funny sound, I never heard it and he insisted I call the heater people. $90 service call later, we were told "woodpeckers like to tap on the gas exhaust to attract their mates".

Oh, so Mr. Heater Guy said, "next time you hear the sound, go outside and you'll see him up there". I took a pic of the woodpecker up there, Mr. RK still didn't believe me, then he was home, heard it, and I told him to go outside and look...yup, looks just like that video.
    Post edited by RKCNDY on

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    :lol: I would have been pissed if it had cost me 90 bucks. I always laugh when I am outside and I hear it on a neighbor's roof. But it always takes me getting up and walking around to remember, No no, it's just the stupid bird.

Drive carefully shetellsherself.
  • Options
    Got home fine. Just very slowly and avoiding hills. I was looking forward to getting a jumpstart to the weekend laundry only to learn that the washing machine is broken. Now I have a washer full of water and dirty clothes. Repairs can't be scheduled until Monday. There are 7 people in this house who need clean laundry. I guess I'll be getting reacquainted with the laundromat this weekend.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243

Got home fine. Just very slowly and avoiding hills. I was looking forward to getting a jumpstart to the weekend laundry only to learn that the washing machine is broken. Now I have a washer full of water and dirty clothes. Repairs can't be scheduled until Monday. There are 7 people in this house who need clean laundry. I guess I'll be getting reacquainted with the laundromat this weekend.

Glad you got home safe, but--yikes--about the washing machine. One thing I remember about going to the laundromat on the weekends is to go early in the morning when most people are sleeping off the night before.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    SD48277 said:

Glad you got home safe, but--yikes--about the washing machine. One thing I remember about going to the laundromat on the weekends is to go early in the morning when most people are sleeping off the night before.
    and don't go in high.
    I did that in college once and thought someone had stolen my clothes...
    they were just stuck to the sides of the washer during the spin cycle.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

SD48277 said:

and don't go in high.
    Haha! Excellent advice. I'll keep it all in mind.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    I'm done with this winter stuff. I'm in Texas it should only be cold from November through January.
  • Options

ugh! :fearful: Now I am not sure who to feel worse for. You at the laundromat, or me, snow camping. image
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

SD48277 said:

and don't go in high.
    and be glad your washing machine isn't in the garage...ours was in the garage, and it was cold outside, and it broke mid-cycle...did I mention how fun it is to try to chip out all your clothes in a washing machine that is frozen?
    Took 2 weeks to get a new one...but the store fucked up, and we ended up with the washer for free.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Getting the machine for free is just good karma after having to pay $90 to find out you had woodpeckers. ;) And I think I would have pushed the whole frozen thing into the street, clothes and all. :lol:
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Getting the machine for free is just good karma after having to pay $90 to find out you had woodpeckers. ;) And I think I would have pushed the whole frozen thing into the street, clothes and all. :lol:

The frozen washing machine was in a house we were renting...it had been snowing for a few days. That was back when we were poor-living paycheck to paycheck, I couldn't afford to leave all the clothes in there. Man, they sure were smelly by the time the new washer came. image
    Post edited by RKCNDY on

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I gotta figure out how to downsize those smileys...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    im gonna have nightmares about those smileys now lol
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    they were normal sized a few weeks ago...it could be this site, some weird things going on here.

- Christopher McCandless