what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited March 2015
    I know a lot of people hate the laundromat but I don't share their reasons. I find the laundromat to be more efficient than home machines. I've never actually lived in a house with a machine but I've had like vacation rentals I guess you'd say, where there was a washer and dryer and overseas sometimes I had a washer and dryer sometimes a combo unit. Those residential machines ain't got nothing on the commercial ones in the laundromat. I've had the conversation before, where I've said the laundromat is more efficient cuz you just dedicate 2-3 hours you go in with all your shit and you do all the laundry at once, whereas in home machines you have to do one load at a time, so you're basically constantly doing laundry while you do whatever else around the house. The argument I get is usually the convenience of being able to do it at home... but it's not something I agree with. Especially when you have a driveway.. and the laundry has a parking lot lol. Like, really? haha.

I've found that noon-1 on sat/sun my local laundry is dead, but early in the morning it's packed. Then is slows back down again around 5-6.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I totally get the ability to use several machines at once, it's easier. Though, I've been to some really nasty laundromats and some really nice ones.

Need to find one...I have a huge mattress topper thingie that won't fit in my washer.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I think I'm trying to come down with this crud that's going around all over again...UGH!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Washing machine update.... It mysteriously started working again. Hmmm.... I'm doing as much as possible now in hopes it lasts. Keeping the appt Monday bc it was due for a tune up anyway. I get the advantages of laundromats. However, have you ever tried to lug a weeks worth of laundry produced by 7 people to the laundromat? I don't think it would even fit in the back of my Prius. Lol
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522

Beginning to see what Kat meant about cliques haha

Its fucking brutal. Like mean girls, pearl jam style. Its pathetic.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

A recently departed friend.

www.headstonesband.com

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

A recently departed friend.

sorry man.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • A recently departed friend.

Sorry to hear that.

• Beginning to see what Kat meant about cliques haha

There are cliques here? I thought we were all part of this big awesome clique called 10C.

Beginning to see what Kat meant about cliques haha

There are cliques here? I thought we were all part of this big awesome clique called 10C.
    Hang around long enough, you figure out who the cool kids are (aka: the folks to avoid).

www.headstonesband.com

• Beginning to see what Kat meant about cliques haha

Hang around long enough, you figure out who the cool kids are (aka: the folks to avoid).

I used to be a regular but haven't been around for a while. Lots of new names. It's too bad if there are mean girl cliques - we have a great little virtual community here.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Idk... When I first joined I felt like there were some cliques. Then I realized that I was feeling left out bc many people knew each other in real life/had met at shows/had a long history of periodic meet ups. I felt left out not bc anyone was intentionally trying to be exclusive, but just bc I didn't know what the hell they were talking about having not been there. (I never get Seinfeld references either so there's that).
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

Idk... When I first joined I felt like there were some cliques. Then I realized that I was feeling left out bc many people knew each other in real life/had met at shows/had a long history of periodic meet ups. I felt left out not bc anyone was intentionally trying to be exclusive, but just bc I didn't know what the hell they were talking about having not been there. (I never get Seinfeld references either so there's that).

Yeah., I don't feel like there are cliques...I talk to every one, and post everywhere except the AMT because I don't do political and all that kinda stuff...those ppl get too intense for me...but sometimes I'm like WTF too because I wasn't there...I've never met anyone from the forum in person and don't get a lot of references, and I don't get Seinfeld refs either and I watched the show...lol

But don't feel like you should avoid someone because you think they're a "cool" kid, I don't think anyone on here is like that, there are just a lot of people who have been on here for a VERY long time, and so us newer kids have to just join in and hopefully one day we'll meet up with them too...IRL...and have our own refs and shit to talk about that other noobs won't get....lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    There are definitely some people with their friends that have met others and have their inside jokes...there used to be lots of people here that I met IRL, but they aren't here anymore.

Currently, I've only met 2 people here IRL...well the ones that visit regularly.

And shetells, that's a LOT of laundry! :open_mouth: glad your washer is working again.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    There is a certain group that only fraternize with certain folk. Believe me. I dont think it really bothers anyone, bit its noticeable, and really quite weird, given we are all:
    1) adults
    2) on the internet

www.headstonesband.com

RKCNDY said:

There are definitely some people with their friends that have met others and have their inside jokes...there used to be lots of people here that I met IRL, but they aren't here anymore.

Currently, I've only met 2 people here IRL...well the ones that visit regularly.

And shetells, that's a LOT of laundry! :open_mouth: glad your washer is working again.

RK you're not far from me, we'll have to meet up one day! :-) Just for fun! Then I'd have at least 1 person...haha

I have a bunch of friends on IG too, that we wanna meet up IRL...there is this place in NYC...or somewhere near NYC rather, that is called Evenflow Bar and Grill and we wanna meet there...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    ^^^It's much much worse on the FB groups...that's why I'm here more.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

That's what I hear...Tree told me about that....I have never even looked on FB for a PJ group...I follow the official PJ and the EV and that's it...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    RKCNDY said:

...which makes me very happy :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

That's what I hear...Tree told me about that....I have never even looked on FB for a PJ group...I follow the official PJ and the EV and that's it...
    I had people add me to groups, I pretty much stay out of most fights or conversations with the exception of a comment on waffles or something obscure to try and distract everybody from the really stupid fights. I learn a lot about some of the people here too...it's 'informational' to say the least.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

I had people add me to groups, I pretty much stay out of most fights or conversations with the exception of a comment on waffles or something obscure to try and distract everybody from the really stupid fights. I learn a lot about some of the people here too...it's 'informational' to say the least.
    I'm actually only friends with two PJ people on FB one from here and one from IG, both live in other countries...so no drama llama stuff there...I hate that kinda stuff...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2015
    If facebook is worse for wear then this place is in trouble.

I think that this forum has become silent to some and not others because the pms asking to mutually ignore have spread so far it has thinned the ranks - way more so than the introduction of the new forum design.

This forum is open to all and a shared discussion on a thread should not be questioned by undertones of a clique.

Perceived clique members should at all times be put to question by senior members.

It is very discouraging for a new member having to decide what thread to post in for want of not being ridiculed let alone posting their first post.

PS: If you are a new or returning 10c member to the forum and reading this you are at least interested in what I have to say.

So - don't be an asshole
    Don't gossip
    Don't clique
    Speak your mind but remember that you are a person like everyone else.
    Do not let anyone ever persuade your thoughts in a thread because you disagree.
    Remember the music, we are all here in this forum because of Pearl Jam.

Any one who posts publicly on the forum is open to a response by any member.

Rambling I know but I had time to think behind bars.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

If facebook is worse for wear then this place is in trouble.

I think that this forum has become silent to some and not others because the pms asking to mutually ignore have spread so far it has thinned the ranks - way more so than the introduction of the new forum design.

This forum is open to all and a shared discussion on a thread should not be questioned by undertones of a clique.

Perceived clique members should at all times be put to question by senior members.

It is very discouraging for a new member having to decide what thread to post in for want of not being ridiculed let alone posting their first post.

PS: If you are a new or returning 10c member to the forum and reading this you are at least interested in what I have to say.

So - don't be an asshole
    Don't gossip
    Don't clique
    Speak your mind but remember that you are a person like everyone else.
    Do not let anyone ever persuade your thoughts in a thread because you disagree.
    Remember the music, we are all here in this forum because of Pearl Jam.

Any one who posts publicly on the forum is open to a response by any member.

Rambling I know but I had time to think behind bars.

I think you speak well! Not rambling at all...I agree with you completely! :-)
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

I'm actually only friends with two PJ people on FB one from here and one from IG, both live in other countries...so no drama llama stuff there...I hate that kinda stuff...
    That is so awesome for you! I have met some really amazing people from here, and some not so wonderful people from here. It's really not unusual, talked to some friends and they say "people can be awesome one minute and really shitty the next-it happens to everybody"
    I'm glad to have learned certain things when I did. :)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

That is so awesome for you! I have met some really amazing people from here, and some not so wonderful people from here. It's really not unusual, talked to some friends and they say "people can be awesome one minute and really shitty the next-it happens to everybody"
    I'm glad to have learned certain things when I did. :)
    Yeah...I've kinda noticed even in just posting, like one minute they like talking to you and the next they seem to be avoiding you like the plague...I've noticed a few folks like that...but I don't take it personally...I'm just like whatever...their loss today...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

Yeah...I've kinda noticed even in just posting, like one minute they like talking to you and the next they seem to be avoiding you like the plague...I've noticed a few folks like that...but I don't take it personally...I'm just like whatever...their loss today...lol

I try to talk to everybody, but I'm usually on my phone, and it will kick me out and say " the internet stopped working', it also doesn't help I'm easily distracted and will start playing a game and forget about people here...apologies to everybody.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

I try to talk to everybody, but I'm usually on my phone, and it will kick me out and say " the internet stopped working', it also doesn't help I'm easily distracted and will start playing a game and forget about people here...apologies to everybody.

Yeah you've never made me feel that way! No worries! lol ;-)
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

Yeah you've never made me feel that way! No worries! lol ;-)
    Ok good! I do know it sucks to feel left out, and you try really hard to talk to people. It does take a little bit to try to get to know people.

- Christopher McCandless
    Yeah, and I'm starting to get to know people better, I'm bummed about Tree getting banned...do we know if it's permanent or just a temp ban?
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Not sure, hope temporary! Love you Tree!

- Christopher McCandless