Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Can I paint the knobs on my stove red?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    I am moving in two days, and the renos aren't finished, even though they've had plenty of time to get them done. The appliances haven't even arrived, the bathroom is only half finished, cupboard doors aren't installed, and there are a bunch of small but important finishing touches that haven't been done. They better get a fucking move on, or I'm going to be really pissed come Saturday. :!! It's making me feel anxious!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I am moving in two days, and the renos aren't finished, even though they've had plenty of time to get them done. The appliances haven't even arrived, the bathroom is only half finished, cupboard doors aren't installed, and there are a bunch of small but important finishing touches that haven't been done. They better get a fucking move on, or I'm going to be really pissed come Saturday. :!! It's making me feel anxious!

I hope you will be a happy mover on Saturday!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I hope you will be a happy mover on Saturday!
    Thanks! I think you should paint your stove knobs red. image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Haha! It would looks so awesome! I will see what i can do... Only the black plastic tops of the knobs need paint. It should be doable. But that is the least of our problems right now lol Be happy that you got your renos on the way and lots done. Our house will not be move in ready in the next two or three months <:-P
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Talking about home renovations... That's exactly what's on my mind. Currently waiting our turn to speak in front of the township committee to request a building variance for our planned addition. Nervous! I don't like to speak in front of a bunch of men in suits. Wish me luck!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Fingers crossed, shetellsherself!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Sens getting spanked tonight by da Wings
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

Fingers crossed, shetellsherself!

Thanks! It was approved! Now that hurdle is crossed and the real work begins.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    " that a broken heart is blind " ....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    mikalina said:

" that a broken heart is blind " ....

Isn't that the truth! I hope it gets better for you soon.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

Talking about home renovations... That's exactly what's on my mind. Currently waiting our turn to speak in front of the township committee to request a building variance for our planned addition. Nervous! I don't like to speak in front of a bunch of men in suits. Wish me luck!

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Trying to digest the fact my Dad was just diagnosed with cancer on Wednesday. I'm not even sure how I feel, huge surge of emotions the last 48 hours.
  • Options
    wasa1971 said:

Trying to digest the fact my Dad was just diagnosed with cancer on Wednesday. I'm not even sure how I feel, huge surge of emotions the last 48 hours.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. I've been there with my dad and my sister.... has he received a full diagnosis yet? In my experience, you find out that there is cancer, and then it takes more tests (and maybe surgery) before anyone really knows what the outlook is. And that waiting time is VERY unsettling. Worst case scenarios would creep into my head, and it was so hard and really upsetting simply not knowing for sure where it was going. Luckily, both my dad and my sister pulled through - happy ending! I sincerely hope the same for you dad, because the moment you find out that everything will be okay with treatment is one of the greatest reliefs in the world. If they're already past that 'not knowing' point, and the news isn't good, then I am truly sorry - either way, best wishes to your dad and you and your family!
  • Options
    We have to meet with doctors on Tuesday for full diagnosis. The tumor is under his tongue and back of his mouth. The waiting is driving me crazy like you mentioned. I was reading things on line, not a good idea, so I went to Chapters and got a few books, just so I could educate myself as much as possible for the meeting. I'm so happy to know that both your Dad and Sister pulled through, that was the most positive thing I have read yet today. Thank you for your kind words, I am committed to trying to stay positive, it's really hard tho.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    wasa i'm so sorry to hear about your dad...having been through this a couple times with my best friend and my mom, stay positive...especially around your dad...negativity and perpetual sadness won't help only hurt...good luck to you and your family

oh and FUCK CANCER
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Was told I had a condescending attitude because I beleived the music one made me listen to was not nice music I would go out and buy, I guess people prefer lies to honesty these days, I know it was his own music and instrument well played but it sucked, and someone had to tell him the truth and not lie like everybody else.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    wasa1971 said:

Was it just music this person likes, or this person's actual own music? If the former, then that is an insane reaction. If the latter, then at the very least the term "condescending" seems inaccurate.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

wasa1971 said:

Was it just music this person likes, or this person's actual own music? If the former, then that is an insane reaction. If the latter, then at the very least the term "condescending" seems inaccurate.
    It was his own creation, dreadful he posted it on youtube and got no thumbs up but thumbs down at least i was being honest to him, i told him he's talented with instruments and singing but the music was no good.
  • Options
    wasa1971 said:

Best thing to do is try not to stress, pray and get a good doctor, sorry to hear of your situation,
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

PJ_Soul said:

wasa1971 said:

It was his own creation, dreadful he posted it on youtube and got no thumbs up but thumbs down at least i was being honest to him, i told him he's talented with instruments and singing but the music was no good.
    Oooohhhh, we're talking YouTube comments here. :P Fuck it! Who cares what somebody on youtube says? It's the trolling hub of the universe! If someone posts their own shit on youtube, they have to expect negative feedback (even if they're awesome!).
  • Options
    He was a friend and i had to be honest, and because i was honest he wont talk to me lol, think truth will not be accepted and people will continue to laugh behind his back
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    JWPearl said:

He was a friend and i had to be honest, and because i was honest he wont talk to me lol, think truth will not be accepted and people will continue to laugh behind his back

Oh... it was a friend. Well..... I think being honest is definitely always the best way to go. However, honest people have to expect that kind of reaction. It's natural for people to react like that when their work is criticized, because that kind of honesty hurts. That doesn't mean being honest wasn't still the right thing to be. There is a reason people aren't honest - you just experienced one major reason why.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    yeah oh well, perhaps we catch up again after another 15 years and we might laugh about it lol
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    i had the strangest concert experience last night!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    so much icing
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    The house. The house! THE HOUSE!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaah I have renovation fever!

And jonnypistachio is not only writing great novels, but also making fantastic music!
  • Options
    I think I may have drank a little too much over the day that i now have a headache.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sitting down for pretty much the first time in three days.... aaaahhhhhh. :) Move complete, unpacked and feeling at home! I am exhausted - time for a drink! <:-P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Sitting down for pretty much the first time in three days.... aaaahhhhhh. :) Move complete, unpacked and feeling at home! I am exhausted - time for a drink! <:-P </p>

Welcome home! Have a couple drinks....