Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I do noooot wanna write this paper! At least I'm writing it in part on W.M.A. :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    This doctor, Dr. Emile Bach, operated on me November 14th for a pulmonary valve replacement. Yay, Dr. Bacha!

columbiasurgery.net/2014/02/27/emile-bacha-md-is-featured-on-abcs-the-view-with-barbara-walters/
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    My Mind? It's quite foggy inside
    but it can't stay that way forever.
    Just patiently waiting for it to lift.
    The sun will shine again,
    And when it does......
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    PJ_Soul said:

Sitting down for pretty much the first time in three days.... aaaahhhhhh. :) Move complete, unpacked and feeling at home! I am exhausted - time for a drink! <:-P </p>

Wohoooo! Congratulations on the new home! We are still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from moving in, but the demo is going pretty good so far :D

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762

PJ_Soul said:

Sitting down for pretty much the first time in three days.... aaaahhhhhh. :) Move complete, unpacked and feeling at home! I am exhausted - time for a drink! <:-P </p>

Wohoooo! Congratulations on the new home! We are still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from moving in, but the demo is going pretty good so far :D

Thank you! It is such a relief to be through with it! Moving is HARD. @-)
    I imagine that demoing and then renoing is much, much harder. Good luck! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Moving is hard, but I feel like i'm a pro now that I have successfully moved continents lol Demo is fun, reno is tough, I fear. We have to plan so much! Compromises, discussions, money, money, money - waaaaah! But I'm optimistic. Everything will turn out great and in a couple of months we will be as happy as you are right now :D

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Moving is hard, but I feel like i'm a pro now that I have successfully moved continents lol Demo is fun, reno is tough, I fear. We have to plan so much! Compromises, discussions, money, money, money - waaaaah! But I'm optimistic. Everything will turn out great and in a couple of months we will be as happy as you are right now :D

:-bd It'll be awesome! Seeing all the hard work pay off will be a great reward.... and your first home together. That's a real milestone in life. :x
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes, it is and it will! And we are very happy with it so far :D Thanks, PJ_Soul!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,293
    life is pretty cool sometimes.

you slug it out long enough you eventually end up in a good place.

i love new beginnings.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    edited March 2014
    Great things in my life....GREAT people...thank you mister....GREAT kids and GREAT times!
    Giving thanks for the special one that takes us to all of our shows.....
    THANKS to another for our special webcam time and the special/private winks, thumbs up and time cut out for just ME! MUCH love....bunches!
    EDIT: Great stalkers....thanks for the BUNCHES of giggles you give us to share!
    Post edited by Ayedavanita on
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    I always laugh when 'Aberdeen' by Cage the elephant starts to play while I'm at work... In Aberdeen. :))
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Why is it when you pass the age of 30 you have to watch what you eat and drink?
    Really bugs me.
    Although i know it's is essential.
    Not always pleasant making those little sacrifices during a craving day.
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    I am soooo pssed off and discusted.
    Someone at my work chanced a document I made to make a small not mentionable mistake I made into a big fault.
    She mailed me pointing out the mistake. I taked her for it and wanted to understand what went wrong so I studied what I did.
    I even showed it to another co worker so she could explain to me what I did wrong, because other than writing a date the wrong way around I couldn't find anything wrong.
    I mailed her back saying we couldn't really find a fault other than the date.
    Last night she pulled out the paper that supposed was mine, it had alot of mistakes and faults on it. Only thing is since I had studied the documant with my other co worker I knew 100% certain that the document that was shown to me last night wasn't mine.
    I can draw no other conclusion than that she went out of her way to make it look like I fucked up.
    I am so sad right now that I have to work with her. In fact I am sad with the fact that she is a person that is in my life.
    I don't need such things happening, I have enough on my mind just going from one day to the next.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I hope tomorrow goes well.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Best of luck for whatever will happen tomorrow, JP!

On my mind ... I'm soooooo exhausted from renovation. We gutted the kitchen yesterday. The room looks definitely different now that all the brown panelling and the old cabinets are gone. We are coming closer to the vision! We found a dead squirrel behind the dishwasher, all curled up, it looked like it was sleeping. And a dead mouse. Underneath the carpet was old linoleum which was covering some plywood. It all came out nicely, but underneath that there are really old vinyl tiles, probably from when the house was built in the first place. 1947-ish. There are tons of staples in them and they are glued to the floor. We want to put nice laminate in there that looks like the planks from a pirate ship, but in order to properly level the floor, the tiles need to get out. This is gonna be a tough piece of work... But it's still so exciting!!! We're gonna go to Ikea this weekend to check out some cabinet options. My body is tired, but it's so much fun too!
  • Options
    good luck JP!

also, good luck Leeze! renovations suck, but when it is all done it will all be worth it. the best part about it is seeing the progress from the "before" to the "after" :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

good luck JP!

also, good luck Leeze! renovations suck, but when it is all done it will all be worth it. the best part about it is seeing the progress from the "before" to the "after" :)

Thank you :) You are right, that is why I am taking lots of photos. We haven't even had it for a week yet, but it already looks completely different. It is so cool that we can do so much ourselves.

• Options
    my unsolicited advice is be sure you know what you don't know. that will save you some problems down the road. :)

• Options
    Yeah. Cav has done a lot of that stuff before and is familiar with the structure of American houses... I just follow his lead. And of course we won't be doing everything ourselves. This is just the beginning, experts will be coming to help us with the difficult stuff.
  • Options

Someone at my work chanced a document I made to make a small not mentionable mistake I made into a big fault.
    She mailed me pointing out the mistake. I taked her for it and wanted to understand what went wrong so I studied what I did.
    I even showed it to another co worker so she could explain to me what I did wrong, because other than writing a date the wrong way around I couldn't find anything wrong.
    Last night she pulled out the paper that supposed was mine, it had alot of mistakes and faults on it. Only thing is since I had studied the documant with my other co worker I knew 100% certain that the document that was shown to me last night wasn't mine.
    I can draw no other conclusion than that she went out of her way to make it look like I fucked up.
    I am so sad right now that I have to work with her. In fact I am sad with the fact that she is a person that is in my life.
    I don't need such things happening, I have enough on my mind just going from one day to the next.

Man that would suck. I hope you resolve the matter quickly before she jeopardises your job.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I work with someone like that. She's nuts. The route I took was simply to talk to my boss completely honestly about the crazy shit the person was doing, and also documented every incident like this and keep the boss updated. Also, try to restrict communication to email if at all possible so that all of your conversations are recorded (or, and I know another person in the office who did this when dealing with a crazy co-worker, keep your phone on record in your pocket whenever talking to the person so that all conversations are recorded... just make sure this is legal where you live first). In other words, always make sure your ass is covered.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    A meh day is nothing a little Fleetwood Mac can't fix :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

good luck JP!

thanks guys, im gonna need it!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Excited for the new Sin City movie...bummed I have to wait till August
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    JWPearl said:

Man that would suck. I hope you resolve the matter quickly before she jeopardises your job.

PJ_Soul said:

I work with someone like that. She's nuts. The route I took was simply to talk to my boss completely honestly about the crazy shit the person was doing, and also documented every incident like this and keep the boss updated. Also, try to restrict communication to email if at all possible so that all of your conversations are recorded (or, and I know another person in the office who did this when dealing with a crazy co-worker, keep your phone on record in your pocket whenever talking to the person so that all conversations are recorded... just make sure this is legal where you live first). In other words, always make sure your ass is covered.

Thanks for the support

Your tips are welcome and I did think of how I could protect myself.
    But the thing is you really don't want to do that. it means negative energy.
    But I have little choice. I will make back up files of everything I do.

I don't really worry about my job. My boss knows she's crazy. :D
    It's just a shame he is on vacation for 10 days. So I'll have to wait until he gets back to talk to him about this situation.

My mom said the same thing about making sure I was covered.
    There's just one little problem with that. I don't think like that.
    So I can't really think off everything she might use. However I reckon that's mostly a good thing.
    I wouldn't want my mind to work like her's does. B-)
    Post edited by karmadefect on

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    That's good Karma :)
  • Options
    Alot of house work too day, but also the new album from my other favorite band is hitting the shops today.
    So I'll be listening to the good stuff while I'm holding the mop. \:D/

2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738

On my mind ... I'm soooooo exhausted from renovation. We gutted the kitchen yesterday. The room looks definitely different now that all the brown panelling and the old cabinets are gone. We are coming closer to the vision! We found a dead squirrel behind the dishwasher, all curled up, it looked like it was sleeping. And a dead mouse. Underneath the carpet was old linoleum which was covering some plywood. It all came out nicely, but underneath that there are really old vinyl tiles, probably from when the house was built in the first place. 1947-ish. There are tons of staples in them and they are glued to the floor. We want to put nice laminate in there that looks like the planks from a pirate ship, but in order to properly level the floor, the tiles need to get out. This is gonna be a tough piece of work... But it's still so exciting!!! We're gonna go to Ikea this weekend to check out some cabinet options. My body is tired, but it's so much fun too!

I love renovations!! its so challenging and rewarding to strip it down, figure it out, get dirty and then the final clean up and step back with that Awe moment is so worth all the hard work.

Good luck to you guys!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    lazloblue said:

I love renovations!! its so challenging and rewarding to strip it down, figure it out, get dirty and then the final clean up and step back with that Awe moment is so worth all the hard work.

Good luck to you guys!

Thank you image We've owned the house a week now, and a lot has already changed. We went there every night except for one, and are working our asses off... Yesterday, I started taking the tiles out. I managed four rows in four hours lol Now my wrist is aching. I need a brace. But I cannot wait to get back in action tonight and this weekend. Finally, we have a little more time than just a few hours after work :)

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,792

JWPearl said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks for the support

Your tips are welcome and I did think of how I could protect myself.
    But the thing is you really don't want to do that. it means negative energy.
    But I have little choice. I will make back up files of everything I do.

I don't really worry about my job. My boss knows she's crazy. :D
    It's just a shame he is on vacation for 10 days. So I'll have to wait until he gets back to talk to him about this situation.

My mom said the same thing about making sure I was covered.
    There's just one little problem with that. I don't think like that.
    So I can't really think off everything she might use. However I reckon that's mostly a good thing.
    I wouldn't want my mind to work like her's does. B-)
    Remember what Eddie said my friend..''I won't change direction and i won't change my mind''
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..