Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,521
    waste weekend
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317
    i was awake all night thinking about things.

i have come to realize that being "a great guy", "a wonderful man", and "an amazing person", or whatever other fucking meaningless platitude that people want to assign to me, has never, ever, one time paid off for me. i always end up where i am right now.

all the guys who have the things i want in life are assholes. i realize now that nice guys really do finish last. i can not be anyone other than who i am, and what everyone on here sees is what they get.

i am tired of finishing last, and i am tired of this race, and i'm not gonna run in it anymore.. i am so done with it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    LosientoLosiento Posts: 282

i have come to realize that being "a great guy", "a wonderful man", and "an amazing person", or whatever other fucking meaningless platitude that people want to assign to me, has never, ever, one time paid off for me. i always end up where i am right now.

all the guys who have the things i want in life are assholes. i realize now that nice guys really do finish last. i can not be anyone other than who i am, and what everyone on here sees is what they get.

i am tired of finishing last, and i am tired of this race, and i'm not gonna run in it anymore.. i am so done with it.
    I believe in Karma. I do hear that in "the End" the long race called which I've aptly named "my time in hell" finally pays off by finishing last. Every f'er that cheated me, lied to me or treated me like a pile of *shit
    * shall get theirs by finishing first :D
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

you shouldn't expect a pay off for being nice. and there's no other way to be than nice, assholes lose in the end.

maybe it's time to re-evaluate what/who you want in life.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

Good -- you shouldn't play the game, and you shouldn't try to be anyone other than who you are.

The moment you start living life that way and stop judging your position in life against others is the moment when you'll start feeling better about your life.

Best of luck.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I found out yesterday I will need open heart surgery. The last one I had was in 1975.

It is not an emergency, but strongly recommended. First I have to get a job that offers short term disability.

June 26th-stroke
    July 29th-laid off
    August 15-pulmonary valve replacement recommended (open heart surgery)

Can I have Christmas early this year? How about all of December. I think I deserve it.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    edited August 2013

Some stuff is just not meant to be, even though it might be hard to accept. The partnership game is not easy. Lots of factors have to align in order for it to work out. And lots of times they don't. I've been there too... Don't change who you are or in what you believe, stay true to yourself, and stay that great guy, wonderful man and amazing person. Be glad that you got to experience something good. Time will heal you, hang in there, the good stuff will happen again.

Nevertheless, I'm so sorry to hear this :(
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

i understand exactly what you are talking about, I feel the same way.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

i'd rather finish last and be a good person than finish first and be an asshole...but then, i quit this "race" a long, long time ago
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I found out yesterday I will need open heart surgery. The last one I had was in 1975.

It is not an emergency, but strongly recommended. First I have to get a job that offers short term disability.

June 26th-stroke
    July 29th-laid off

Can I have Christmas early this year? How about all of December. I think I deserve it.

you sure do!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

oh yeah...same shit as always...i understand you..very very well..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i read something at friends wall at f/b..it sucks good people have this issues... :(
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

June 26th-stroke
    July 29th-laid off

Oh man, best of luck Ms.H! I hope you get Xmas early. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317
    worst

day

ever

:|
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    worst

day

ever

Sorry to hear this. I hope things get better. On the bright side: it's Friday, and you have the whole weekend to do what you want.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    worst

day

ever

sorry buddy
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,492
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

June 26th-stroke
    July 29th-laid off

Whoa that totally sucks you'll be in my thoughts wish you the best ..........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,492
    All of the people here who are having bad days/weeks/months that's what's on my mind , wishing you guys/gals better times ahead wich i recommend listening to "Better days " that songs really makes me feel better ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    An MRI scan on a Sunday afternoon - :? :? :? crikey.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    I've had so many MRIs recently, why don't you just take one of mine?
    They are very interesting, like abstract art.

On the more serious side, I hope everything works out for you.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I've had so many MRIs recently, why don't you just take one of mine?
    They are very interesting, like abstract art.

On the more serious side, I hope everything works out for you.

:lol: mine is on my brain. I've had 65 hours of surface EEG for it - so 45 minutes of MRI should be ok :)

Hope everything works out for you too x
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

June 26th-stroke
    July 29th-laid off

oh ms. haiku ... youDESERVE everything you wish for, and more!!!
    you are one of THE most wonderful people i've never had the pleasure to meet.

my life has been a shit-show for quite some time. many, many things going wrong ... not as i wish them to be ... working so hard to get somewhere, and getting no where. that said, i've had a LOT of joy, and overall, my life is STILL pretty damn good, considering. and reading your words reminds me once again, i AM lucky, very lucky.

much, much love to you - and please, please, please ... may the powers that be, truly give you ALL you deserve, as you deserve EVERY happiness.

XO
    maria to maria
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

I'm sorry for whatever it is you're going through. The lyric in my signature just struck me in reading this. Sometimes you just have to accept yourself, others, and situations for what they are. You can drive yourself crazy wishing they were different, but in the end all the wishing doesn't change anything..so you have to try to find the light in it. And don't wish to change for anybody, because the only reflection of your worth that matters is the true reflection of you.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Goddammit, dateline! Why all the commercials GRRRRRR
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    LETTERS....YAY!!! lol :D
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    kw18 wrote:

Good -- you shouldn't play the game, and you shouldn't try to be anyone other than who you are.

The moment you start living life that way and stop judging your position in life against others is the moment when you'll start feeling better about your life.

Best of luck.
    I don't judge. Just know it happens. That's why I tell people I know who get frustrated or bummed about the "rat race" is to forget about that shit and move in the purest of actions without the "me" syndrome. Just do the right thing.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    times gone by
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options

I'm that. Just like you said.

After my stroke I realized how good it is to be that.

Don't wait until you have a stroke to know how good you are.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    grilling burgers, sun is shining
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    so many things I'd like to say to you now. really ready for some change.
    PLAY THE SOUTH