*** Seattle 1 Fanviews Here 9/21/09 ***

Comments

• WOW- that set looks amazing! jealous
  • Looks awesome. Cool new back drop. Glad I got to see the last couple of shows with the old one though. They still had the same introduction music, right? :D
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • nbakyfan wrote:
    Looks awesome. Cool new back drop. Glad I got to see the last couple of shows with the old one though. They still had the same introduction music, right? :D
    i swear there introduction music was master/slave but i guess not
  • quasi wrote:
    Some photos from the show just posted on Seattle PI.com.

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/gallery.asp ... =9/21/2009

it looks like Ed cut his hair a lil' bit... or am i just crazy?

Holy shit man :shock: those pics are awesome. what kind of camera do you have and what row were you in ?
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    show was amazing, but then again i think they all are!

loved hearing more of the new songs live. for me a song really comes to life once i hear it live. just breathe and unthought known were really amazing - ed's voice sounded especially powerful on those.

i was also really happy to hear 'off he goes'...it's always been one of my faves and i don't hear it nearly enough!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    LOVED IT!!! I wish I had known the new songs more but there is time to learn before LA shows.

The stringed quartet was amazing--surprised when Ed announced Matt's wife was one of them.

Happy to hear The Real Me and Ed agreeing Kanye West is an ass--had the whole place cheering on that one.

And thanks for the floor seats 10C --23rd row with a middle aisle seat :D Just wish I could have seen tonight too but yeah, no $$ can get in the way of that!

PJ IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Let's not be silly, I don't expect people to be "jumping up and down and screaming during just breathe or the end", or screaming or even singing during the other new ones... but I DID expect the crowd to be rockin a lot more during ATW and UK than they were, at least jumpin a bit... I was 31st row and basically the whole crowd in front of me was dead still during those two... didn't like that, but the band rocked during them... that's all I'm sayin.
    It makes much more sense... to live... in the present tense
  • f-bomb wrote:
    Great night, Great show.

Quite a number of highlights but I was hoping for Inside Job & The Real Me and they just nailed both of them. One of the coolest moments of the night, that I think might have gone unnoticed to most people in the building, was that during 'Off He Goes' Ed sang the lyric 'at a quarter to ten' at exactly 9:45!!! I pointed this out to the guy next to me and we just shook our heads in awe - only Pearl Jam.

I think that was me. You were the couple from Montana right? That was great when you pointed that out. I was happy with my seats and section 128 was great. Fun stuff.
    Gorge
  • f-bomb wrote:
    Great night, Great show.

Quite a number of highlights but I was hoping for Inside Job & The Real Me and they just nailed both of them. One of the coolest moments of the night, that I think might have gone unnoticed to most people in the building, was that during 'Off He Goes' Ed sang the lyric 'at a quarter to ten' at exactly 9:45!!! I pointed this out to the guy next to me and we just shook our heads in awe - only Pearl Jam.

I think that was me. You were the couple from Montana right? That was great when you pointed that out. I was happy with my seats and section 128 was great. Fun stuff.

Section 128 was great!!! I was in row 1 (thanks 10C) and had a kick ass time!
    Don't even think about reachin me I won't be home...
  • great show. the band was a tad on the sloppy side ( i chalk that up to them being off for a while ). i was really happy that they didn't jam much ( if any ) on even flow, daughter or rvm. they seemed a lot more focused musically in that regard. this will be my last tour of multiple shows though ( only going to two ) as they play too many songs live that i've heard already and don't do a whole lot for me personally at this point. don't get me wrong. i love the songs and i enjoy hearing them live, but there are only so many times i can hear rvm, even flow, daughter etc. and have it remain interesting.

the new album? fuck me the new songs have some balls live. amongst the waves? outstanding. i'll take stone in my band any day of the week. the new stuff made it worth while.

the crowd? ehhhh. good but not great. columbia 08 and san diego 06 were far and away the best crowds i've ever been in and this one was alright.

7/10

I was at that Columbia 08 show I think it was the fact that Pearl Jam had not played the south since 2003 and so many fans from all over the south made it to the show. I drove like 8 hours for the show and it was the first time I had seen them since 2003. But yeah that was one of the best Pearl Jam shows of all time, the best set list by far of the 2008 shows.
  • I've seen many shows and this has to be one of the worst, setlist-wise. Maybe I'm just getting older but I just can't stand the "sing-along" shows - if I never hear Betterman, Elderly Woman and Daughter, I'd be a happy camper. As it is, this setlist stunk. Encore with Alive? Come on guys you've been doing that since 1997. Don't get me wrong, they still sound AMAZING but for a hardcore fan, I would have loved if they snuck in a Alone, or State of Love & Trust. Oh well.

• Great videos! Thanks for sharing.
  • this def looks like the best setlist so far from this tour
  • I'm pretty sure Ed's tshirt for night 1 said "Fear More Beer". Anyone else see that?
  • I'm pretty sure Ed's tshirt for night 1 said "Fear More Beer". Anyone else see that?

Yep.

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/gallery.asp ... =9/21/2009
  • I cant wait to here off he goes in Phily
  • Just got back home. Not gonna read 7 pages, so I guess I agree on almost everything said above, with exception of course if needed.

Outstanding show. Chills.

Night 1 was better for me than Night 2. Thanks Seattle.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    The day I read the question to Jeff Ament about "Ben's new band", was the day I found out about R7. The minute I looked it up and found out what they sounded like, I knew they were the opening band for the tour. Two shows I saw back in December made me an even stronger believer.
    Cut to 9/21 and 9/22, the audience mostly did not dissappoint and showed them much deserved love. I love the new song "Rock'n Roll Is Free" and can't wait to hear'em again in Vancouver and Portland.

There is not much left to be said about the main set. The second night changed my mind about The End.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    I thought the crowd was fine. Not the best I've seen, but not horrible.
    This chick next to me told me to calm down. She must have been thinking this was a Coldplay show.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    I thought the crowd was fine. Not the best I've seen, but not horrible.
    This chick next to me told me to calm down. She must have been thinking this was a Coldplay show.

ha ha ... where were you? My friend was on the floor night one, and some lady kept "shushing" people all night long, she sat there with her hands on her hips most of the night, my friend has some hilarious pics of her huffing and puffing. :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I just wasn't feeling night #1..Too many songs I could hear on the radio. What I thought would have been the highlight of the night hearing Indifference, the emotions just werent there...I do have to say I really love the song Just Breathe off the new album...Now to night #2..it was great seeing old friends, making new ones..Good seats too..Oh, and one more thing...NO cameras??? I was so pissed seeing phones stuck up in the air the entire night! taking pictures! WTF!?!?!?!?!?
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    My first visit to Seattle, and it was AWESOME!! My hope was to see Long Road and In Hiding. Well, got the first and still have the second to look forward to next year in Boston. The set list speaks for itself. The band really did seem energized playing the new stuff. Met a bunch of awesome knuckle heads both at the pre-party and waiting in line at the door of Keyarena waiting to get those awesome posters. Kerrie and Todd, John from Montana and you crazy man from Hannover Germany. Thanks so much P.J.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • I am currently listening to the new record that I got from Easy Street in W Seattle at the Backspacer bash (yes the vinyl :geek: ). I've finally had time now to digest the art work and lyrics both of which freaking kick ass! I love seeing them both in such a large format, so nice.

I'm also remembering the Seattle shows and how amazing they were. For me it was like night 1 was the "A side" (more hits) and night 2 was the "B side" (more obscure stuff). I personally LOVED night 2. Night 1 was great because it was super high energy and very positive but night 2 had me tearing up because I went to that show by myself and they played one of my all time favs "In My Tree" old style and freaking nailed it!

Anyone at the 1st night will remember when Ed paused before Off He Goes and asked the crowd to hand his guitar pick to 7 year old kid... here is a great story from the father of that kid:
    http://www.earcandybeat.com/?q=node/343
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Looks like a great set, but I gotta ask, why are they playing The Real Me in like every show? I've never really liked that song, Baba O'Reilly or any other of their covers is so much better.

I thought it was weird that they did the real me twice but I must say, they absolutely KILL that fucking song (in a good way). Reign would have been cool, but the real me is probably my favorite song on quadrophrenia so I'm not complaining.

Waaaaaaaaay better than Baba. :shock: ;):mrgreen:

My only, only complaint about both nights is how just breathe, the end and the real me came at basically the exact same points of the setlist. But that's a minor complaint. I was basically in heaven for both nights. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • yahamita wrote:
    I just wasn't feeling night #1..Too many songs I could hear on the radio. What I thought would have been the highlight of the night hearing Indifference, the emotions just werent there...I do have to say I really love the song Just Breathe off the new album...Now to night #2..it was great seeing old friends, making new ones..Good seats too..Oh, and one more thing...NO cameras??? I was so pissed seeing phones stuck up in the air the entire night! taking pictures! WTF!?!?!?!?!?

They didn't check for cameras if you just stuck it in your pocket, it seems pointless for people to use their phones cam none of the pics would turn out good.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Was anyone else getting super annoyed by the staff? I was on the back of the floor and me and my friend along with others would stand in the aisle for a better view and the staff kept bitching at us, oh well still great show.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • The Rage wrote:
    I've seen many shows and this has to be one of the worst, setlist-wise. Maybe I'm just getting older but I just can't stand the "sing-along" shows - if I never hear Betterman, Elderly Woman and Daughter, I'd be a happy camper. As it is, this setlist stunk. Encore with Alive? Come on guys you've been doing that since 1997. Don't get me wrong, they still sound AMAZING but for a hardcore fan, I would have loved if they snuck in a Alone, or State of Love & Trust. Oh well.
    Nice input man. I see you've been a member for more than 10 years and your first and second posts ever have both been negative - one about this setlist stinking and one about how Seattle crowds suck. Sorry to hear your experience was so shit - would love to hear something positive in the next 10 years ;)
    Just busting your balls, just thought it was funny :)
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Crowd around me was kinda lame so I rocked out in my own little world and had a brilliant time ;):D The new songs sounded amazing. Standout for me was Amongst the Waves. Absolutely loved how the song builds up and explodes. Did find that Ed's voice was kind of overpowered by the guitars during some songs :( It was really apparent when compared to the acoustic set when his voice was so strong, clear and powerful.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Does anyone have a pic of the Sea 1 setlist?