*** Seattle 1 Fanviews Here 9/21/09 ***

Comments

• EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    interesting that there was no daughter tag....

That happened in Manchester last month, and it seemed really odd!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Loved the band - great energy - and liked the new songs. Looking forward to the 9/22 show, but hope the volume/acoustics get tweaked - it was too loud, IMHO...
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    jdelin wrote:
    Great show!!! . . . a few pics and off to bed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42719033@N ... 430830440/

Unthought Known . . . wow!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-Vkj_mUQ4

Wow Unthought Known sounded awesome! They need to make it to Boston to play these new songs ASAP!
    UK's my favorite on Backspacer. I thought that clip they sounded a little sloppy. I feel like they started it too fast, so it lost the appeal it gets from the way the song builds.

I though the same, energy seemed low and I kinda lost interest half way through (nothing against the OP of the vid, great sound quality) and I know its only a snippet but the crowd seem a bit dead (although I'm sure that wasnt the case if you were there!). It is good to start seeing clips of the new tunes live though...thanks.
    I need a coffee!
  • WHWH Posts: 53
    quasi wrote:
    Some photos from the show just posted on Seattle PI.com.

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/gallery.asp ... =9/21/2009

awesome pics! thx for the link
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    cant wait for amongst the waves......one of my faves from the new record...
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    jdelin wrote:
    Great show!!! . . . a few pics and off to bed:

Wow Unthought Known sounded awesome! They need to make it to Boston to play these new songs ASAP!
    UK's my favorite on Backspacer. I thought that clip they sounded a little sloppy. I feel like they started it too fast, so it lost the appeal it gets from the way the song builds.
    sounded pretty good to me... that clip is going to seem like a bunch of geriatrics at a presentation on new walkers once they play Philly...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • thefin190 wrote:
    To hear Off He Goes basically made my night.

would make my night too...still need to hear that gem...hopefully at one of the philly shows

long road must have been a sweet opener followed by cordoruy
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Great Pics!!!! :D:o :shock: :D
    If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one...
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    Great show. I finally got to hear Long Road, Indifference, and Off He Goes (only heard it at Gorge 05 but I don't count it)

They also played my 3 favorites off Backspacer. Seeya all tomorrow
    why wouldn't you count it ? did you go def for 1 song? hehe
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • this is really great set list..so jealous for not be there..but ok,,happy for alot of friends was in.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Kinda disapointed Ed sped up unthought known.

I like that the backspacer keys light up in the banner though.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I was in AA row 27 - Energy around my area was pretty good. Enjoyed the conversation with the couple from Edmonton sitting next to us! Amongst the Waves and Unthought Known were frickin awesome. Hopefully I'll get to hear Supersonic this evening! Those are my 3 favs on the new album. Also had a great time at the pre-party!
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • great show. the band was a tad on the sloppy side ( i chalk that up to them being off for a while ). i was really happy that they didn't jam much ( if any ) on even flow, daughter or rvm. they seemed a lot more focused musically in that regard. this will be my last tour of multiple shows though ( only going to two ) as they play too many songs live that i've heard already and don't do a whole lot for me personally at this point. don't get me wrong. i love the songs and i enjoy hearing them live, but there are only so many times i can hear rvm, even flow, daughter etc. and have it remain interesting.

the new album? fuck me the new songs have some balls live. amongst the waves? outstanding. i'll take stone in my band any day of the week. the new stuff made it worth while.

the crowd? ehhhh. good but not great. columbia 08 and san diego 06 were far and away the best crowds i've ever been in and this one was alright.

7/10
  • Great show!!! . . . a few pics and off to bed:

Oh man, UK rocks live!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    anybody have videos of the new songs from yesterday

• awesome! thanks for posting!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    anybody can find GONNA SEE MY FRIEND/The End?
  • looks like an awesome setlist, what a great opening show for the tour! you lucky, lucky folks.....got me more excited for philly! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• quasi wrote:
    Some photos from the show just posted on Seattle PI.com.

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/gallery.asp ... =9/21/2009

Thank you to everyone who posted pictures! The show was great, I've never been with such a friendly crowd & I'm happy this is my (brand new) hometown. Highlight was Off He Goes for me. Hope to see you all tonight :)
  • Soundcheck also included Off He Goes, Inside Job, Amongst the Waves and I Am Mine.

This was a great show. The sound is always a bit off at Key Arena but it got better about halfway through the show.

There were TWO show posters for this show. One (Surfing Sasquatch) at the merch tables and the other (Shawn Kemp dunking) at the Ames Bros booth. Limited to 500 signed and numbered by AMES. Barry was signing them at the booth. $40 or $60 for poster, Ames Book, and tote bag. Ames book signed by AMES for you as well.

The new songs sounded great live. The End would have sounded so much better at the Gorge :)
  • twas an amazing show and setlist with the new songs!
  • Last night was awesome!!! Every PJ show I've been to, they give you all they got, no life wasted on that stage, ever. Still the best damn rock band on the planet. I especialy liked the whole damn set!!!!
    KC in Seattle
  • Great night, Great show.

Quite a number of highlights but I was hoping for Inside Job & The Real Me and they just nailed both of them. One of the coolest moments of the night, that I think might have gone unnoticed to most people in the building, was that during 'Off He Goes' Ed sang the lyric 'at a quarter to ten' at exactly 9:45!!! I pointed this out to the guy next to me and we just shook our heads in awe - only Pearl Jam.

Ain't it funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind?
  • f-bomb wrote:
    Great night, Great show.

Quite a number of highlights but I was hoping for Inside Job & The Real Me and they just nailed both of them. One of the coolest moments of the night, that I think might have gone unnoticed to most people in the building, was that during 'Off He Goes' Ed sang the lyric 'at a quarter to ten' at exactly 9:45!!! I pointed this out to the guy next to me and we just shook our heads in awe - only Pearl Jam.

And checking his watch at "2010 watch it go to fire" 8o) I'm sure he has done that a few times in recent shows too.
  • anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 390
    edited September 2009
    OK. Here's my attempt and a fanview after driving back to Portland and getting home at 2:45.

I was row 23 on Mike's side. Saw Sir-Mix-Alot walk by going to his better seats than mine... Ben Harper and R7 were great!

Long Road as an opener was fantastic, going into Corduroy. Then the fun of the new songs began. Gonna See My Friend was nice. It's a little fuzzy at the moment trying to remember all of the new songs. Got Some was really good. Much better than their Conan performance.

Eddie talked about the backdrop (which was cool), and said they've never done anything like it before, and said something along the lines of we're heading towards a giant inflatable space needle. I thought it was a funny reference to Pink Floyd with their inflatable pig. Then he said "or we can just rip the fucking roof off and have the real one behind us".

Before Amongst the waves, Ed said that articles have been saying it was a surfing song, and he said they're all wrong, and jokingly said it's only one of two not about surfing. Johnny Guitar I liked much better live. Maybe it was the atmosphere that helped, but I'm now a fan of that song.

Off he goes was a nice surprise, and then the intensity picked up to finish off the first set.

The string quartet came out and did some tuning, and I got REALLY excited because I figured Just Breathe was coming which is my favorite off the new album. Then the band came out, and Matt went over and kissed a violinist, so I figured it was his wife. Then Ed started talking about how special it was to see couples performing on stage and talked about Johnny Cash and June Carter, and introduced Matt's wife. The whole band performed it, so it wasn't just Eddie and the quartet for Just Breathe.

Then they went into The End, and I thought he pretty much nailed the vocals which I was worried about after hearing the London recording. Eddie mentioned the quartet was just a special thing for Seattle. Inside Job gave time for them to remove Ed's seat, and get the quartet off the stage (right side) while Mike played. Ed went over and thanked them and hugged April Cameron as they left.

2nd Encore kicked off great with Given to Fly, then into Evolution. Stone fucked up his solo, and he had this funny "I can't believe I just did that" look and went over to Eddie who was laughing about it. Then Betterman, and the crowd sang a whole verse.

Then the horns came out on stage, and Eddie said we did this once before in California for this Who thing. He introduced them and said we can do this sort of thing (referring to the horns and strings) because we know people here. Then they went into The Real Me which was incredible.

The horns left, and they started Indifference. Ed started talking about about his friend Krist Novoselic, and how he asked Ed to mention an upcoming local election and to not vote for someone and to vote for someone else. It was bit annoying since I don't live in Seattle and had no clue who the people were, and it kind of ruined the beginning of the song. About 3 seconds after he was telling us all this he went into singing. Was really surprised Ben Harper didn't come out. Everyone kept expecting him to.

Ending with Alive was great, and a bit odd, but I liked it. They played it with the house lights on. Then left the stage and everybody was standing there waiting for them to come back and play YL or something that they usually end with.

It was a great show and I'm disappointed I won't be there again tonight. At least I'll be seeing them in Portland this weekend.
    Post edited by anakin_pdx on
  • Awesome show, awesome seats, I'm happy. :-) My fav song is Hail Hail and I got to hear it again. yay! Really liked all the new stuff too. :D

He wasn't talking about Dave Grohl, he was talking about Krist Novoselic (the tall one as Ed said) btw.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • jdelin wrote:

With PJ playing the Boston area 7 times in the past 6 years (not including Ed solo), you can wait. It's our turn in the pacific northwest ;)
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09

• I really wasn't expecting Johnny guitar to turn out great live but damn I was wrong. I think it could be my new favorite now. The ending was pretty wierd though.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • He wasn't talking about Dave Grohl, he was talking about Krist Novoselic (the tall one as Ed said) btw.

D'oh! You're right. Did I mention I'm going on 2 1/2 hours of sleep? It's going to be a very long an unproductive day...