Options

Corporations rule the day...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    lephty wrote:

if making a deal with verizon gets pearl jam well deserved money in there pockets and gets them exposure to have more fans, than good for them!

it won't get them any exposure to have more fans
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    how do you figure? the music is going out free to all vz wireless customers... and anyone who has downloaded anything on vcast in 2008 has a chance to win tickets to a concert....
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    I just want to acknowledge that 1992 Ed would probably punch 2008 Ed in the throat for allowing this Verizon deal to happen.

Of course I'm happy and grateful to get the boots, but that's a source of revenue for the band as well as a service to the fans. I don't know who pushed this Verizon bullshit on them, or if it was a condition for putting out all the boots. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting and this is just another example of the band being willing to "play the game" in the last couple years. I guess I just miss the days when there was at least one band that resented being used to make money for corporate blowhards who probably think John McCain is too liberal. Can we leave this Verizon shit to fucking Fall Out Boy or whatever awful shit teenagers are using to impress girls these days?

Oh, and one more thing: Verizon's reception blows. I have one bar like all the time.

How "progressive" of you.

;)
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770

eh? i am sure the verizon website will have some sort of link or promo add on it. people need to go there if they pay bills online. if anything, old fans that lost touch with PJ and thought they were long gone (there are those people out there) will hopefully have a new interest.

also, as a side note. sure they made tons of money in the past and probably still make a lot of money. what i am figuring is that even though people made tons of money, they still need to make a lot of money for upkeep on whatever it is they rightfully purchased. if each member has a mansion somewhere, than i am sure utilities and cleaning and other upkeep is quite costly. does this mean they should not need money in the future because 15 years ago they had the best album/concert sales or whatever?

IMO the band hasn't really changed, but the times have and people that are mad about the band trying something "new" wish they could go back and stay in 1993.