Options

Santos sent me whole stack of Backspacer posters!!

Comments

• Options
    Is the wishlist foundation a PJ fan organization?
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    yes
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    would it be legal for someone to hook me up with a couple of stickers? please pm me if this is possible
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    force-10 wrote:

Yep, a federal recognized nonprofit organization run by fans for fans!
    would it be legal for someone to hook me up with a couple of stickers? please pm me if this is possible

They are meant for fans to help promote Backspacer. If you can convince a Street Team member to part with part of their promotional stock, sign up for the Street Team yourself, and agree to use them for promotional purposes, then I guess it's... legal?

If everyone does really well with this first Special Ops mission and completes it in a timely & responsible manner, who knows what else can come of it. :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    If anyone is willing to accept a donation for a poster, please PM me.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    Can we think up any creative ideas to make the Special Operations Mission (S.O.M.) more successful than they imagined it would be?

Alternative clandestine missions of this flavor would be interesting too.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    Is there anywhere that someone such as myself can get my hands on a Backspacer promo poster here in the UK?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Satyagraha wrote:
    Can we think up any creative ideas to make the Special Operations Mission (S.O.M.) more successful than they imagined it would be?

Alternative clandestine missions of this flavor would be interesting too.

If we were able to get additional press coverage for Backspacer and the band through the Street Team efforts, that might constitute a higher level of success.. Just reference http://pearljam.com/press
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    Just wanted to say that this is a wicked thread!!! :mrgreen:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    I Love this! Although, if I was selected, I dont know how much help I will be in the next couple of weeks! Way to busy.... I'll make it work if I do though. Great Job again 10C and Wishlist!
  • Options
    way to go west coast people!
    don't forget to take your pictures and upload them on the street team website
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com/
    under orders in progress.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Are there any street team members from Columbus, Ohio? If not I'd love to be the 1 here :-) OR if there is a Columbus team member PM me cause I'd LOVE to have a poster/sticker!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    Are there any street team members from Columbus, Ohio? If not I'd love to be the 1 here :-) OR if there is a Columbus team member PM me cause I'd LOVE to have a poster/sticker!!!
    hmmm, dunno about columbus but the map is showing 2 members in ohio
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I signed up. :D

But seriously.... I am very impressed with this "Special OP" social networking with a purpose!

I was like oh wow that's a great idea of getting people involved and a great program to reward them for doing something they like to do - and it is fun!

I'm sorry, Laura, but I get those all the time "Come on, Mel - get involved, it'll be fun! :mrgreen: " And then what do I find out - it's just a lot of work and nobody really wants to help.

I am also having a hard time trying to get people involved here....and I'd love to steal this Street Team social networking idea. :oops:

I'll have to talk to Laura when she's not too busy.

But...anyway I signed up and it's good to know that I don't have to do what I can't...but do what I feel I can do to contribute.

Everybody sign up!! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:

Cool, thanks! Hope they are near me in Columbus!!
  • Options
    yooperpj wrote:
    I Love this! Although, if I was selected, I dont know how much help I will be in the next couple of weeks! Way to busy.... I'll make it work if I do though. Great Job again 10C and Wishlist!

Well being as you were in early on, if I recall correctly, you'll undoubtedly be getting a package. :) So.. you do what you can with what you get, and whatever is left over, pass on to another willing fan and tell them how to sign up for the Street Team and how they can do their part. Keeping the promotion going in an organic, viral (a la Blair Witch Project) fashion is a great way to show the world and the band how passionate we are about the music and the fan community.
    silver39 wrote:

You can sign up for the Street Team, and get a slew of other OH fans to sign up too! http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.org
    IamMine wrote:
    I signed up. :D

But seriously.... I am very impressed with this "Special OP" social networking with a purpose!

I was like oh wow that's a great idea of getting people involved and a great program to reward them for doing something they like to do - and it is fun!

I'm sorry, Laura, but I get those all the time "Come on, Mel - get involved, it'll be fun! :mrgreen: " And then what do I find out - it's just a lot of work and nobody really wants to help.

I am also having a hard time trying to get people involved here....and I'd love to steal this Street Team social networking idea. :oops:

I'll have to talk to Laura when she's not too busy.

But...anyway I signed up and it's good to know that I don't have to do what I can't...but do what I feel I can do to contribute.

Everybody sign up!! :D

I agree Mel, it's definitely a struggle to get people motivated initially - which was why we loved the Street Team concept so much. The power is essentially put in the hands of the members of the Street Team and they can make it as much of a success as they want or can. Go ahead my dear - good ideas, like Fancorps.com, in this world should be be shared with as many people as possible! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:

You can sign up for the Street Team, and get a slew of other OH fans to sign up too! http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.org

I did, thanks!!!
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

Cool, thanks! Hope they are near me in Columbus!!
    Any Ohio natives that are interested in helping out, I live in Lima, which is not all to big so I might be taking a weekend trip to Dayton/Cincy or C-Bus either this weekend or next. But I must warn you.... I'm a BIG Michigan fan!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    silver39 wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

I did, thanks!!!

this link is broken, anychance of another?
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Paul - try .com instead of .org. I had some problems signing up last week too - said my account had been suspended and gave me someone else's email address. Had to open a new account. Anyway, seems like a good way to spend some of my extra time!

M.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I agree Mel, it's definitely a struggle to get people motivated initially - which was why we loved the Street Team concept so much. The power is essentially put in the hands of the members of the Street Team and they can make it as much of a success as they want or can. Go ahead my dear - good ideas, like Fancorps.com, in this world should be be shared with as many people as possible! :D

Yup - that was such a brilliant idea! And it does help a lot with 10c having a part in it - that has to be one of the big factors in motivating the fans! I really hope to see more young people involved... it's disheartening to see a lot of older people (ugh that sounds bad doesn't it) like us involved in something and there isn't enough young people...

I read something in the Reader's Digest and this person hit it on the nail, I think - that if a young person has never been involved in any sort of activism, especially in regards to social change or politics that when they get older, they are most likely not to. I'm very thankful for my mother who was a fighter and tried hard as hell to get me involved and be my own advocate and for others...I did slip away and hide for years. But I came back, though - as the writer pointed out that even if people stopped being active in any sort of activism they used to be part of, they will most likely return when the need arise. How true. :D

I most definitely will bring this up this concept at my meeting this Friday. ;):D

At least you finally got my ass in...I knew WLF was around since the beginning. :P All because of that fake tattoo! :lol: Seriously, I do see a lot of potentials in this and believe it will go far, as it has with WLF. :D
    pdalowsky wrote:

this link is broken, anychance of another?

try this: http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com/
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    excellent thanks guys

I'm not sure street teams will be utilised in the Uk since it seems the band are not self releasing here, I would presume island would deal with the promotional side
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    I was going to ask about the UK, would be cool if something could kick off over here too...I've got the South East covered ;)
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    HEY! seattle doesnt need any help remembering who PJ is! send some of those posters my way... these college kids need their memories refreshed... and ive got connections with the local paper, radio, music/bar scene

POSTERS!!!

BACKSPACER!!!! :mrgreen:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I got a rock........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    HEY! seattle doesnt need any help remembering who PJ is! send some of those posters my way... these college kids need their memories refreshed... and ive got connections with the local paper, radio, music/bar scene

POSTERS!!!

Sign up :) That way you'll be on the team if something like this does come around again :mrgreen:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Cool, thanks! Hope they are near me in Columbus!![/quote]
    Any Ohio natives that are interested in helping out, I live in Lima, which is not all to big so I might be taking a weekend trip to Dayton/Cincy or C-Bus either this weekend or next. But I must warn you.... I'm a BIG Michigan fan![/quote]

Send me a message when you plan to be up here...next weekend I am super busy so i couldn't do it. Let me know if you come to Columbus.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

POSTERS!!!

Sign up :) That way you'll be on the team if something like this does come around again :mrgreen:
    ohhh its through wishlist??

i was wondering where i sign up...

"Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    You could probably donate some of the posters to the Seattle pre-parties.

Yah im gonna keep one give one to my friend and probably give the rest to the preparty if they want it
    Or ill just hand them out at the show
    Yeah!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me