Options

Santos sent me whole stack of Backspacer posters!!

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited September 2009 in The Porch
LOL I was sitting at the computer and my mom says "Sierra, what the hell did you order from the 10club?"
It said "Santos L Halper" on the package and "do not bend" i open it its a whole stack of Backspacer promo posters Lol!!!!

Ill post up a picture in a minute.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... pacer2.jpg
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... spacer.jpg

Special Ops Order: Promote Backspacer w/Printed Materials from the 10C
http://www.fancorps.com/orderstats/efd0 ... e13dccbb43

Help Pearl Jam and the Ten Club promote Backspacer in your hometown!

The first 50 US fans (approx.) who joined the Street Team will receive a package in the mail via UPS Ground from the Ten Club containing 50 Backspacer promotional posters, stickers and tattoos.

Your mission is to distribute the promotional materials at places where Pearl Jam/rock music fans would frequent.

The first 3 Teamers to distribute, document and submit approved proofs on 45 posters or more will receive bonus Activity Points and General Store credits!

This is an exclusive and experimental Special Operations mission – so do your best to make the band proud!

Task:

1. Accept this order by clicking the ACCEPT THIS ORDER LINK on this page.

2. Check your front door or mailbox for your UPS Ground package from the Ten Club. These should arrive anytime during the week of 9/13.

3. Once you have your promo package, go to the Intel section of our Street Team website. Look up and make a list of the addresses of local record stores, music instrument stores, comic book stores, coffee shops, bars and clubs in your hometown (basically any cool lifestyle spots) where you can hang the posters.

4. Embark on your mission of hanging the posters and distributing the stickers and tattoos at these locations. (You can hand out the stickers and tattoos at other band’s shows too!) Make sure to bring a staple gun and tape and place the posters, stickers and tattoos in prominent locations so people can easily see them! Remember to always ask for permission first before distributing promotional items at places of business.

5. Take a digital photo of you hanging/distributing the Backspacer promo materials and note the addresses at each place you’ve distributed to.

4. In the HEADQUARTERS > ORDERS > ACTIVE ORDERS section, find this order again and upload your digital proof.

5. In the HEADQUARTERS > ORDERS > ACTIVE ORDERS section, find this order again and upload your "written text" proof containing the location the photo was taken at.

6. Click the flashing SUBMIT COMPLETED ORDER button at the top to submit your completed mission.

7. Start back and Step 1 for each photo/place you promoted at.

Required Proofs:

- Submit one photo and one ‘written text’ address per place of distribution (where you hung the posters and/or passed out the stickers)

- This Special Ops order is repeatable, so the more you distribute and document, the more points you get!

You must be a member of the Street Team to be involved in this particular Special Op Order (as described above). If everyone does a great job, who knows what future promotional assignments could come along in the future!
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    :o :shock:
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    :shock:

How did you pull that off? :)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    nice
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i wish santos liked me that much
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    share the wealth fucker... hahah
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    very cool!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yeah, what he said ;)
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Shipping error or he would like you to promote the band at your high school? Maybe to get more young girls at the Seattle show?? (just kidding).
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Awesome! Couldn't be happier for you! :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Shows:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    yeah, what he said ;)
    +1 :lol:
    Just kidding, of course - find cool spaces for them... is it the astronaut one?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    You could probably donate some of the posters to the Seattle pre-parties.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Damn! Santos DOES pick favourites!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

Yah im gonna keep one give one to my friend and probably give the rest to the preparty if they want it
    Or ill just hand them out at the show
    Shows:
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Looks like there is a glow in the dark backspacer logo too!!

I want one!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Yah im gonna keep one give one to my friend and probably give the rest to the preparty if they want it

very cool of you to do that!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    good idea!
  • Options

I want one!

If any of you are coming to the seattle show and want one i can probably give you one
    I think ill give them to the preparty and let people take them
    Shows:
  • Options

I want one!

If any of you are coming to the seattle show and want one i can probably give you one

please mail me one?
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited September 2009
    so very nice of you!!
    They would be great for the raffle
    mfc2006 wrote:

Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687

I want one!

Preparty/fundraiser raffle! :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Hahha yah and i dont really need a whole stack of them, i already hung one up on my wall it looks so cool.
    Shows:
  • Options
    oh so for real you dont know why you got these?
    Did you email the 10C to see what's up with a stack of posters being sent to you with no explanation?
    Maybe they are recruiting you as their street team and they want you to go hang those all over town ;)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Did you email the 10C to see what's up with a stack of posters being sent to you with no explanation?
    Maybe they are recruiting you as their street team and they want you to go hang those all over town ;)
    Hahhaa maybe but wouldnt they atleast tell me???
    Shows:
  • Options

maybe you received them by mistake? perhaps they were meant for another recipient? probably just sent to you by mistake--i'm sure they're swamped right now.

i'm sure there are no favorites chosen here as someone suggested.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    Everyone runs to the mailbox.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Any word from Santos about this? That's really odd....

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Any word from Santos about this? That's really odd....

:mrgreen:

no, maybe it was meant for one of their promoters?
    I hope he doesnt make me mail them back LOL ive sorta already made plans with them...
    Shows:
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It is a bit odd but very fun! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."