Options

POSTER PRESALE!!!

Comments

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    IMO, posters are overrated. Buying a poster without seeing it doesn't make sense to me. However, I am not knocking those that collect a poster from each show they attended regardless of what it looks like. On the other hand, missing out on 2 solid hours of tailgaiting with a bunch of friends by going in a concert at 6:30 to get a poster or some special shirt seems obsessive. Oh well... Everyone is different and enjoys different things so to each his own. If a poster looks really awesome, I don't mind spending $50 or $60 on ebay after the show.

But hanging out at a bar for a glimpse isn't obsessive? Just sayin.... ;)

Got mine and I'm looking forward to Seattle!!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    I hope all the Philly posters are all the same. I dont have enough money to buy them all.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    For the record, I happened to be in the bar when Eddie walked in. I was there first 8-) I'm sorry that you got excited and rushed over there for your glimpse and missed out ;)

It would've been cool if he were to do a private gig there.

crazypjfan wrote:
    IMO, posters are overrated. Buying a poster without seeing it doesn't make sense to me. However, I am not knocking those that collect a poster from each show they attended regardless of what it looks like. On the other hand, missing out on 2 solid hours of tailgaiting with a bunch of friends by going in a concert at 6:30 to get a poster or some special shirt seems obsessive. Oh well... Everyone is different and enjoys different things so to each his own. If a poster looks really awesome, I don't mind spending $50 or $60 on ebay after the show.

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Damnit! I just logged on to see that I missed this announcement yesterday and lost out on the ACL poster!! Not happy about that since itll probably go for some ridiculous amount on ebay. :(
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    HaHa!! Touche! But I did get good pics of Ed doing the 7th inning stretch that I need to forward to you one of these days... And yes a private gig would've been very cool, perfect set-up and all!!

After thinking about it, obsessive to me would be buying one of those limited edition T-shirts on eBay for $125 or more... For the same amount you could get two Ed Hardy shirts and be just as cool as Jon Gosseling!

Getting one at cost at the show is just a smart consumer that knows what they want and is willing to sacrifice some time for it.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    For the record, I happened to be in the bar when Eddie walked in. I was there first 8-) I'm sorry that you got excited and rushed over there for your glimpse and missed out ;)

It would've been cool if he were to do a private gig there.

crazypjfan wrote:

If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Thanks 10C!
    I really hope you keep up this new trend.
    Just bought my Vancouver poster.
    I wasnt looking forward to flying home with a poster.
    Now its no worries for me!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    crap!... halloween is sold out...DOH!

looks like i gotta get one at the show...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Thanks 10C! Just got both Seattle, Portland, and SD. $40 extra combined is not a bad premium to pay to avoid missing out or trying to keep it safe throughout the whole show. Now I can rock out with no worries.

I hope this becomes a regular option!

Thanks again!
    :D
  • Options
    no halloween left, that sux

im really pissed off...i check my email just now for first time since 5pm EST last night and now all 10/31 are gone....and thats the only day where i truly bought 10C tix

likewise
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Thanks 10Club!!

Got an SD and Austin last night for myself, then logged in with my friend's account and bought an LA3 as a gift to her as that will be her 100th show! I hope the poster doesn't suck but she's been going through some hard times and I know she'll enjoy it as a memento regardless.

Poster pre sales rock!
    (would have loved a shot at the 10/31 though!)
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    crap!... halloween is sold out...DOH!

looks like i gotta get one at the show...

same here. :|
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 191
    This is fantastic. Like others have said, now I don't have to worry about it during the show.

Of course my buddy that is using my other ticket is a bit pissed that I could not get two (one for him). I guess he will be fighting the lines with everybody else. ;)

Are they doing the wrist-band method again this year?
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    such a great policy. i will use it for every show i go to. i can never get to the venue early ehough, and theres always the hassle of holding it all show. not the end of the world, but much nicer to have it mailed to my home. if i dont LOVE the poster- its 37 bucks and im sure i can trade it with someone for a show i missed out on. im still stewing on the 100$ + i had to spend for my msg 2008 poster- but i had to have it. this new policy hopefully will avoid that. all the poster "hoarders" who sell them on ebay will hopefully see demand (and then the price) fall since all the diehards are getting them through fan club and not left to fend for themselves against greedy poster scalpers.

2 other random poster notes-

im not going to halloween (bummed) but i gotta imagine that poster will be SICK

and

it is an amazing poster, but i look at it with bitttersweet feelings- Toronto - arrived yesterday. GREAT poster and I bought 10club seats for that show.. BUT myself (like ted leo) got stuck in nyc when all flights to toronto were canceled. The amazing poster is a reminder of an amazing show -that i wasn't at. Yep the one where pj opened for pj.... ill keep it as a reminder because that was one emotional day...
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    * Your cart was not updated because 2009 PEARL JAM PHILADELPHIA 10/30/09 POSTER PRESALE is restricted
    * You have not previously ordered the required product(s) to be allowed to order 2009 PEARL JAM PHILADELPHIA 10/30/09 POSTER PRESALE.

can anyone help with the purchase of a 10-30 poster ?
    thanks
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    nycrats wrote:
    such a great policy. i will use it for every show i go to. i can never get to the venue early ehough, and theres always the hassle of holding it all show. not the end of the world, but much nicer to have it mailed to my home. if i dont LOVE the poster- its 37 bucks and im sure i can trade it with someone for a show i missed out on. im still stewing on the 100$ + i had to spend for my msg 2008 poster- but i had to have it. this new policy hopefully will avoid that. all the poster "hoarders" who sell them on ebay will hopefully see demand (and then the price) fall since all the diehards are getting them through fan club and not left to fend for themselves against greedy poster scalpers.

2 other random poster notes-

im not going to halloween (bummed) but i gotta imagine that poster will be SICK

and

it is an amazing poster, but i look at it with bitttersweet feelings- Toronto - arrived yesterday. GREAT poster and I bought 10club seats for that show.. BUT myself (like ted leo) got stuck in nyc when all flights to toronto were canceled. The amazing poster is a reminder of an amazing show -that i wasn't at. Yep the one where pj opened for pj.... ill keep it as a reminder because that was one emotional day...

great post. and so sorry to hear you got stuck missing that toronto show...which leads me to ask exactly why the planes weren't flying into toronto that day? weird
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    All 10c ticket holders have had ample time to order. It's time to let 10c members who got shut out of tickets have a shot at the posters. C'mon guys, please.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    why can't 10club members who can not attend the show purchase a poster?????????????????????????????????????????? :?
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    why can't 10club members who can not attend the show purchase a poster?????????????????????????????????????????? :?

just wait for the normal sales after the shows
  • Options
    If only this was done in 2006 when the poster madness what at an all time high! So happy they are doing it now though!
  • Options
    sorry guys if this has already been answered,

WILL EACH NIGHT OF THE LA SHOWS HAVE A DIFFERENT POSTER? PLEASE HELP

J
  • Options
    nobody knows for sure. My money says different for all four.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    DS114969 wrote:
    Damnit! I just logged on to see that I missed this announcement yesterday and lost out on the ACL poster!! Not happy about that since itll probably go for some ridiculous amount on ebay. :(

Yea same thing here. Thinking if they didn't add that word "rare" it would still be available. ;) Now hoping I can get one at the show.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I'm trying to think back to '95 when I believe the limited screened poster phase began.

With the exception of non US gigs (Europe, South America, etc), since '95 have PJ ever had the exact same poster for multi night shows in the same city? I know they've had the same image with different colors. I looked through ebeans but man there are a lot of PJ posters.
  • Options
    thanks for the input on my LA question, I was just thinking that if they were the same they wouldn't have four different dates available in goods, but now I realize not necessarily so as the ability to purchase is linked to having purchased tickets.

j
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I'm trying to think back to '95 when I believe the limited screened poster phase began.

With the exception of non US gigs (Europe, South America, etc), since '95 have PJ ever had the exact same poster for multi night shows in the same city? I know they've had the same image with different colors. I looked through ebeans but man there are a lot of PJ posters.

How about when the posters were on t-shirts. I have 2 of them from '98. They need to come back with those!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    kj1nyr wrote:

I think the seattle '98 poster was the same for both shows? It has both dates on it.

Been trying to track a copy of it down.. as that was a last minute show and I only got there 5 mins before pj hit the stage (they were sold out). I've only seen them on ebay and espressobeans since.
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:

of course its not the same
    but they used the same generic poster ( withall other artists involved )
    for the VFC Tour

the most recet MSG shows used this, red and blue editions.
    the overall design isnt something that knocks my socks off
    alltho i do have both these s/n ,
    simply because i attended.
    ( another words - im not rushing to frame and hang these babies , ... theyre stowed away safely in my artist portfolio - i would frame and hang the 1 MSG 2003 design before i did this one - i think that 1 was 1 design/ 1 poster for both nights .)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:

Klausen-Boston I,II 04-Same design, different colorway
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    kj1nyr wrote:

Klausen-Boston I,II 04-Same design, different colorway

Keep in mind, it looks like the band has opened things up to multiple new artists, which, to me, means different images each night. When you have three guys doing dozens and dozens of posters a year, it makes sense to alternate colors to knock them all out. I have a feeling we won't be seeing the same design for multiple shows at all this year.
  • Options
    also:

lets hope tom tommorrow does the halloweeen show poster.
    platessmall.jpg
This discussion has been closed.