How many times a day do you shower?

Comments

• Once a day for me. Unless you work in a manual labour job, I can't see the reason for showering twice a day. Last thing at night and that's it. The only dirty thing I do in my sleep is fart (probably).

If everyone did this, imagine the water and power it would save.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Does noone sweat in bed? I do. Hence the morning shower.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I had THREE showers yesterday......and just woke up and about to go for another one. 8-)

Ahhhhh.....clean!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • anyone who showers more than once a day (and doesnt work with livestock) may border on having OCD
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Claireack wrote:

I sweat in bed....three times a week...sometimes more
    >>>>
    >

Claireack wrote:

I sweat in bed....three times a week...sometimes more

ha ha :D
    anyone who showers more than once a day (and doesnt work with livestock) may border on having OCD

No, I live in northern Australia which is HOT and I like to feel clean and fresh. But even in winter (if you can call what we have winter) I still shower twice a day.

I need some more Aussies to post on here. Maybe it's an Aussie thing. No Illegal Pants said she only does it once a day too.
  • I totally understand the hot thing, that makes sense
    >>>>
    >

• SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Yuck. I like to be clean BEFORE I go in a sauna. I hate the idea of dirty people in a sauna. I hate being dirty before sex, going in a swimming pool. I am sure there are more reasons I have to shower first, just can't think of them. I hate going to bed dirty. I want to sleep in clean sheets. I don't get why to shower in morning, unless I has sex night before. There is nothing I do in my sleep to make me any dirtier in morning than night before.
    Cleaning in a sauna must be an obscure secret or something. Pretty much every Finlander (there are a whole lot of them in my neck of the woods) has a sauna at their house and at their camp. Before I became a "professional" I worked in a sawmill flipping and throwing around logs and lumber all day. There was nothing better than getting home, flipping the sauna on, cracking a couple of beer and sweating for a half an hour and then scrubbing the hell out of your skin.

Well ok there were a few things better but in terms of getting clean, there was nothing better. No amount of showers that any of you have would get you cleaner than I am right now (just got out of the sauna).
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    Cleaning in a sauna must be an obscure secret or something. Pretty much every Finlander (there are a whole lot of them in my neck of the woods) has a sauna at their house and at their camp. Before I became a "professional" I worked in a sawmill flipping and throwing around logs and lumber all day. There was nothing better than getting home, flipping the sauna on, cracking a couple of beer and sweating for a half an hour and then scrubbing the hell out of your skin.

Well ok there were a few things better but in terms of getting clean, there was nothing better. No amount of showers that any of you have would get you cleaner than I am right now (just got out of the sauna).

Do you get body odour from sitting there sweating like that?

So you will come home dirty, sit in a sauna for a half hour or whatever, sweat your arse off and class that as your shower for the day?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

So you will come home dirty, sit in a sauna for a half hour or whatever, sweat your arse off and class that as your shower for the day?
    Ah -- I didn't realise that you guys didn't know that there are showers in these saunas as well. When you are done sweating your arse off, you scrub like hell, rinse yourself off and go sit outside for 15 minutes. No body odours from saunas -- especially when you get the birch branch beating -- lol.

Our anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-N9PZGvZEw
    Songburst wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Ah -- I didn't realise that you guys didn't know that there are showers in these saunas as well. When you are done sweating your arse off, you scrub like hell, rinse yourself off and go sit outside for 15 minutes. No body odours from saunas -- especially when you get the birch branch beating -- lol.

Ohh okay. Do you use soap?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Ohh okay. Do you use soap?
    You know it. Shampoo too.
    Songburst wrote:
    You know it. Shampoo too.

No conditioner?

I like your avatar. I have a Dalmatian.
    Okay, it is now 11pm and I have been in work clothes since 8am. I just thought to myself "fuck it! I'm not going to have a shower before bed tonight!!" But I couldn't do it. I feel so dirty -- and I showered this morning straight before work. I don't know how you all do it....I really don't. :?
    anyone who showers more than once a day (and doesnt work with livestock) may border on having OCD

Hmmmm....that's what Gob just said....2 years later.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Once a day, 3-4 times a week. Sometimes more, depending on what I've been up to/the season/etc.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    Once a day, 3-4 times a week. Sometimes more, depending on what I've been up to/the season/etc.

3-4 days a week?! Really?? Wow! I couldn't imagine not showering at least once a day.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

3-4 days a week?! Really?? Wow! I couldn't imagine not showering at least once a day.

Yeah, really. :lol: More in the summer, natch. I'm pretty sure my skin would just flake off if I showered every day. :shock: Plus it's not good for ze hair to get washed too much. :think:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

Yeah, really. :lol: More in the summer, natch. I'm pretty sure my skin would just flake off if I showered every day. :shock: Plus it's not good for ze hair to get washed too much. :think:

Don't you get feel grimy and stinky? Maybe I just feel like that because where I live is hot.

And I wash my hair every second day....maybe third day if it didn't get sweaty....but I walk my dogs most days so it gets all hot and feral so need to wash it.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Don't you get feel grimy and stinky? Maybe I just feel like that because where I live is hot.

And I wash my hair every second day....maybe third day if it didn't get sweaty....but I walk my dogs most days so it gets all hot and feral so need to wash it.

I don't feel grimy and stinky. And, more importantly, I'm NOT grimy and stinky! :lol: Should that occur, I'd be off to the shower in a flash.

Where I live isn't hot, most of the time, so I'm sure that is a factor.
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Atleast once a day obviously! During the summer often times twice a day....in the morning shower and shave and then after a long hot day out sweating in the sun you need to clean up for your evening activities.
    Man I took my dogs for a walk yesterday about 6pm and when I got home to have a shower, I was soaked in sweat. I was wearing one of those sports bras that you just pull down (not one with a clip/clasp) and it was so sweaty that when I attempted to pull it up, it rolled up instead and I got stuck in it and needed assistance from my bf. Same thing happened to my sweaty knickers....rolled down when I took them off. Ewww! Sweaty underwear is GROSS!

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I can't wait to move to a cooler climate.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    hmmm....Ziggy talking about her sweaty underthings and there aren't any boys in here making comments... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    1, if that. Have to do it on gym days or work days. Otherwise, it may or may not happen. Hats and beanies come in handy.
  • at least 2...sometimes 3
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    normal weekday ..2x

weekends 2-3 per

summertime 2-3 per day depending on the level of sweat/activities
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • once if did not work out, twice if did.