How many times a day do you shower?

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I normally have one, just at night.

But after I go to the gym I jump in the shower to wash the sweat off.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I prefer baths, but showers are quicker, so I take showers when in a hurry. I prefer to shower/bath at night, rather than drag the day's dirt into my bed and with my partner. It would be extremely rare for me to shower twice in one day. I'd only have to do that if I got into something real dirty or smelly.

I can skip a day a lot. My skin needs me to. I don't sweat and don't get body odor, so its no issue. I have never sweat under my arms like others do. I just never got those bad odors like others do. I am fair haired and I think that is why. I think fair headed people sweat less.

I can wash up and be fine and skip a day.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    What is this thing you call a shower?

Kidding. Twice a day most days
  • Once a day-er here, too.
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable--LBC
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I don't sweat and don't get body odor, so its no issue.

You lucky person!! I wish I could say the same. I couldn't live anywhere hot, it would be one shower per day but that's because I would have to stay in it all day!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Another normal, clean person! There are now THREE of us. 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my shower is made of gold... my wife always wanted a golden shower, so i gave her one...

next year she said she wants a pearl necklace.

i'll try me best.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Claireack wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I don't sweat and don't get body odor, so its no issue.

You lucky person!! I wish I could say the same. I couldn't live anywhere hot, it would be one shower per day but that's because I would have to stay in it all day!
    I live in Michigan. Its only hot about 2-3 months. This year it never got hot. We had a day here and there that was hot, but that was it. It usually is very cold when we get out of the shower. We have to make sure our hair is completely dry before going out or it will feel even colder. I have had my hair turn into icicles.
    My daughter takes 2 showers a day. She has her dad's body odors, yet she's fair headed, which I think is rare.
    Save room for dessert!
  • With my last job I did it 3 times a day, only cause I had to wear a hat to work and afterwards if I wanted to go out I needed to shower.

I shower in the morning cause I have short hair and it looks a mess when I wake up, also I need the shower to help me wake up.

Then I do it a night a lot cause it helps me relax.

If I feel crappy I shower, if I've been crying I shower... Standing under the water seems to help me feel better no matter what I need. Might be why I love the rain so much.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    My daughter takes 2 showers a day. She has her dad's body odors, yet she's fair headed, which I think is rare.

How are body odour and hair colour related?

• If I feel crappy I shower, if I've been crying I shower... Standing under the water seems to help me feel better no matter what I need. Might be why I love the rain so much.

Showering helps my mood tremendously.

I usually shower within a couple of hours of waking up. If I get sweaty or feel icky, or if I need to warm up or cool down, or whatever, I'll shower again.
    I carried a watermelon
  • I usually shower right away when I get up, unless I'm running late or particularly lazy (it's necessary to tame the curly hair!) Only very rarely more than once a day... if I feel especially gross after getting home from work or something.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Another normal, clean person! There are now THREE of us. 8-)
    Showers schmowers. If you want to get clean, ONE good sauna is all you need. Being part Finlander means that a sauna is a necessity in any house I build. The electric ones in the city are OK, but wood-fired saunas at the camp on the lake is where it's at. Getting a sauna stoked up to 110 deg C and then jumping in a lake (especially in the winter) is amazing.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    Showers schmowers. If you want to get clean, ONE good sauna is all you need. Being part Finlander means that a sauna is a necessity in any house I build. The electric ones in the city are OK, but wood-fired saunas at the camp on the lake is where it's at. Getting a sauna stoked up to 110 deg C and then jumping in a lake (especially in the winter) is amazing.

Ewww.....that is TORTURE for me. I hate being hot like that......the worst feeling in the world is being in the sun or being in a sauna.

My skin is thankful though......I have really nice skin for a 30 year old compared to my friends.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

Ewww.....that is TORTURE for me. I hate being hot like that......the worst feeling in the world is being in the sun or being in a sauna.

My skin is thankful though......I have really nice skin for a 30 year old compared to my friends.
    A nice hot, humid sauna does wonders for the skin. Finlanders tend to look 10-15 years younger than they actually are. Even better is to cut a birch branch off of a tree, warm it up on the sauna rocks a little and get someone to beat your back with it. It is so relaxing, gets your blood circulating and it smells amazing. That said -- I'm going to go and enjoy a nice hot sauna right now -- no birch branches in my place tonight though.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I don't know, but I require my girl to shower before my face slips between her thighs for 21 minutes..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    I don't know, but I require my girl to shower before my face slips between her thighs for 21 minutes..
    exactly 21 mins?? not 22?
    The Champ wrote:

Precisely..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Precisely..
    21 mins and how many seconds?

My left eyeball peeks at the alarm clock on the side of the bed, which unfortunately doesn't show the seconds ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

My left eyeball peeks at the alarm clock on the side of the bed, which unfortunately doesn't show the seconds ;) ..
    oh, but what if this is an "out of bed" experience?!
    The Champ wrote:

oh, but what if this is an "out of bed" experience?!

Only been down there with her via a bed, so the time duration for said experience out of bed remains to be seen..you sure are curious ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

LOL :D

Only 21 minutes? That's a bit of a disappointing effort, Champ. You better pick up your game.
    Songburst wrote:
    A nice hot, humid sauna does wonders for the skin. Finlanders tend to look 10-15 years younger than they actually are. Even better is to cut a birch branch off of a tree, warm it up on the sauna rocks a little and get someone to beat your back with it. It is so relaxing, gets your blood circulating and it smells amazing. That said -- I'm going to go and enjoy a nice hot sauna right now -- no birch branches in my place tonight though.

But it makes me feel disgusting.......that burning feeling.......I don't like to feel my skin cooking.

The sun is REALLY fucking hot where I live (my area has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world)....I can't imagine sitting in a hot little box as well just for the fun of it.

Getting beaten with a birch branch sounds kinda cool though! :D
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

LOL :D

Only 21 minutes? That's a bit of a disappointing effort, Champ. You better pick up your game.

Are you kidding, isn't 21 minutes a long time devoted down there? Before I met her, it was 5-10 minutes tops, before the hammering began...She's lucky I love her to death and am obligated through marriage to please her ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    Are you kidding, isn't 21 minutes a long time devoted down there? Before I met her, it was 5-10 minutes tops, before the hammering began...She's lucky I love her to death and am obligated through marriage to please her ;) ..
    I agree 21 mins isn't long enough, but if it gets the job done. :mrgreen:
    me, I like some repeat action. ;)
    The Champ wrote:
    I agree 21 mins isn't long enough, but if it gets the job done. :mrgreen:
    me, I like some repeat action. ;)

Damn you girls are hard to please....yes, it gets the job done..then the 'repeat action' comes in the form of heavy porking..do you girls really give oral for over 21 minutes each time? Come on now ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Damn you girls are hard to please....yes, it gets the job done..then the 'repeat action' comes in the form of heavy porking..do you girls really give oral for over 21 minutes each time? Come on now ;) ..
    I expect what I give!

back to the shower topic.... ;)
    The Champ wrote:

Fucking oath!

And yes we are hard to please! :D I expect oral multiples followed by sex multiples! ;)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Fucking oath!

And yes we are hard to please! :D I expect oral multiples followed by sex multiples! ;)
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: agreed :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: