2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the announcement that we're getting fucked over again is going to happen this week.... so let's atleast keep this thread at the top and make them feel guilty when it's announced...

Play the South! Texas Please!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    1710.gifThe South!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    shep wrote:
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the announcement that we're getting fucked over again is going to happen this week.... so let's atleast keep this thread at the top and make them feel guilty when it's announced...

Play the South! Texas Please!
    oh yeah, we're not getting shit on the next announcement - which is really getting old
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    shep wrote:

indeed. I think so, too.

We have transcended from hopeful to jaded & bitter.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

indeed. I think so, too.

And we'll be attacked by the other members of the forum once we voice our disappointment...same ol' same ol'... :roll:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    houston 8-)

:clap: :thumbup:
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • its just gishits just gish Posts: 880
    Better Dan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

indeed. I think so, too.

And we'll be attacked by the other members of the forum once we voice our disappointment...same ol' same ol'... :roll:

Which announcement is this referring to?

It's speculation that a tour announcement could be forthcoming this week.

Probably due to all the talk of Canada [Mudhoney's tweet, radio station teasers, PJ20 film supposed debut in Toronto in September, etc.].

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    rhinomagic wrote:

Probably due to all the talk of Canada [Mudhoney's tweet, radio station teasers, PJ20 film supposed debut in Toronto in September, etc.].

God, I have no idea why they'd want to premier the film at the Toronto film festival... that would be a madhouse... if you've even been to Toronto in the film festival time frame, you'd understand how insanely busy the city is between the festival and it being the first week of the fall semester for York, U of T, and Ryerson.... all the Frosh week parties and the "invite only" celebrity parties around the city, every bar and hotel booked at insane rates in the downtown area... it makes no sense to me, but...

But something tells me we're going to hear something by the end of this week, just judging from the recent hints and some things from a Toronto Radio station email I still get - I think the announcement is coming... I'm just hoping that the delay in the announcement might be the result of a couple of dates added in the south... but I'm not optomistic... hell I'd even stomach them making another cash grab for ACL at this point, but I know it's too soon for them to play it again...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    play the south! please!
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• its just gishits just gish Posts: 880
    shep wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

God, I have no idea why they'd want to premier the film at the Toronto film festival... that would be a madhouse... if you've even been to Toronto in the film festival time frame, you'd understand how insanely busy the city is between the festival and it being the first week of the fall semester for York, U of T, and Ryerson.... all the Frosh week parties and the "invite only" celebrity parties around the city, every bar and hotel booked at insane rates in the downtown area... it makes no sense to me, but...

But something tells me we're going to hear something by the end of this week, just judging from the recent hints and some things from a Toronto Radio station email I still get - I think the announcement is coming... I'm just hoping that the delay in the announcement might be the result of a couple of dates added in the south... but I'm not optomistic... hell I'd even stomach them making another cash grab for ACL at this point, but I know it's too soon for them to play it again...

It's what I keep hearing, I just wasn't sure on which tour announcement. I'm already planning to to go pj20 wherever the hell that is. Was gonna try to go to Toronto, but it's looking a little too expensive to do both. I just hope they don't announce all of that at once, since it's looking like they probably won't make a stop down here with all of that going on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    let's keep the South on page 1. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    It's what I keep hearing, I just wasn't sure on which tour announcement. I'm already planning to to go pj20 wherever the hell that is. Was gonna try to go to Toronto, but it's looking a little too expensive to do both. I just hope they don't announce all of that at once, since it's looking like they probably won't make a stop down here with all of that going on

I've been set on attending The Weekend since I first heard about it. I'm convinced it's going to be a fantastic PJ event.

But I've started to wonder about the other touring that's going to happen. Will there be much distinction between a tour date on the PJ20 tour & a tour date on The Weekend? I mean, I can imagine them letting it all hang out every night (for those who can't/won't travel to The Weekend). An evening w/ PJ at every stop, and avoiding shows on consecutive nights as much as possible...it could work.

I suppose I'm tossing out the question of whether one would be better served to see a week's worth of shows in multiple cities or 2-3 shows in The Weekend location. Anyone?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I suppose I'm tossing out the question of whether one would be better served to see a week's worth of shows in multiple cities or 2-3 shows in The Weekend location. Anyone?

I think it depends on what the weekend ends up being, how much it ends up costing, and who else is performing. I'd typically prefer to catch several shows in a close area as opposed to just one.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    houston & dallas (and san antonio/austin) :)

rhinomagic wrote:

Multiple shows for sure. Hell, I'd even take one show if it's remotely close
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Multiple shows for sure. Hell, I'd even take one show if it's remotely close

+1

Can't afford to travel this year so I'm hoping for 1 show where I can sleep in my own bed that night. Been a long, long time since this has happened. You wouldn't figure this would be the case in the 4th largest city in the US.

• AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Atlanta 2012 HAS TO HAPPEN...
    Better Dan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

I think it depends on what the weekend ends up being, how much it ends up costing, and who else is performing. I'd typically prefer to catch several shows in a close area as opposed to just one.

I'm thinking I'm going to try and catch the rumored shows in Toronto and Montreal. I have some good friends in Montreal that I haven't seen in a while and keep asking me when I'm coming up... And the shows in MTL and T.O are always pretty killer... probably won't be as good/intense/legendary as the PJ20 weekend, but I'm not flying for 4 hours only to have to rent a car and camp for a weekend... too many good friends and good times in major cities...

If I do anything it'll be multiple cities and probably 2 shows... but not even sure if that will work out...
    shep wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

I'm thinking I'm going to try and catch the rumored shows in Toronto and Montreal. I have some good friends in Montreal that I haven't seen in a while and keep asking me when I'm coming up... And the shows in MTL and T.O are always pretty killer... probably won't be as good/intense/legendary as the PJ20 weekend, but I'm not flying for 4 hours only to have to rent a car and camp for a weekend... too many good friends and good times in major cities...

If I do anything it'll be multiple cities and probably 2 shows... but not even sure if that will work out...

Personally, id rather do multiple shows (minimum 3). Im gonna do both no matter what, but if I had to choose... Damn, Ive always wanted to go to Canada! Ive heard the percentage of overwieght females is drastically smaller than here in th US.
    Damn, Ive always wanted to go to Canada! Ive heard the percentage of overwieght females is drastically smaller than here in th US.

spent lots of time in the rural South, I take it...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Damn, Ive always wanted to go to Canada! Ive heard the percentage of overwieght females is drastically smaller than here in th US.

:lol:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Haha, not at all actually. Originally from Hawaii/Los Angelos. Also, I live IN Atlanta. No farms here... ;);)
    the south

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bump for the south
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,780
    rhinomagic wrote:

Impossible to answer without knowing what is planned for PJ 20 and where other dates might be.
    But I will take a week of amphitheater/arena shows over a "festival" any day.
    Atlanta 2012 HAS TO HAPPEN...
    that's what I'm thinking too
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

texas