**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    play the south
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    LukinFan wrote:
    I LOVE seeing this almost always on the 1st page lately - everyone, please keep it up! They can't ignore us forever

Haha. We will see...
    ATL 2012 :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the south sometime soon please. I would love to see a show within driving distance soon
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    cajunkiwi wrote:

The only thing that bugs me more than that is the fact that whenever you bring that up in any other thread, a bunch of assholes from New York or Massachusetts (where they've played 25 times in that same span, and that's not even counting the shows in New Jersey or Philadelphia) respond with "If you were a real fan you'd travel to see them!"

Not all "real fans" have the time and money to follow a band around the country... some of us have to wait for the band to come to us. And wait. And wait. And wait...

Totally agree with that sentiment. And guaranteed if PJ played the south they'd be the first people complaining because they had to travel to see a show.... :cry:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    please play the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    shep wrote:
    Bump for the South!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    play the south
    play the south
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Smiley_oma.gif I'm not gettin any younger!

PLAY THE SOUTH!! :mrgreen:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ATLANTA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ATLANTA
    :wave:

dancewifme.gif

:D
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Play the south sometime soon please. I would love to see a show within driving distance soon

Screw "driving distance" - I want to see a show where I can sleep in my own bed that night.

I consider anything less than 8 hours "driving distance", however I won't be sleeping in my bed if I had to drive 8 hours to get there!

Play the South! Play Houston!
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    shep wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

Screw "driving distance" - I want to see a show where I can sleep in my own bed that night.

I consider anything less than 8 hours "driving distance", however I won't be sleeping in my bed if I had to drive 8 hours to get there!

I have NEVER [10 shows in 17 years] been able to sleep in my own bed the night of a Pearl Jam show.

Closest I've gotten was getting home in time for breakfast after driving all night.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

I have NEVER [10 shows in 17 years] been able to sleep in my own bed the night of a Pearl Jam show.

Closest I've gotten was getting home in time for breakfast after driving all night.

I did twice.. the St. John's shows in September 2005... it was pretty awesome... every show since (all 7 of them) I have slept in a hotel bed afterwards (well to be fair, not all of them were in a hotel bed - a couple were on a hotel floor... :lol: )
  • its just gishits just gish Posts: 880
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

Out of 9, I've done it twice. ACL and the 03 San Antonio show.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    TAMPA

I NEED A VACATION ASAP
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    why now you don't south playin'? 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    mfc2006 wrote:
    why now you don't south playin'? 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

After 20 PJ shows and 1 EV solo show I have also never been able to sleep in my own bed that night :(
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    Haven't contributed in a few days. TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    play the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• Puerto Rico is in desperate need of a Pearl Jam show. Please play in San Juan!!!
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
    Bump for the South!
    shep wrote:
    Bump for the South!
    tx

• BettrMan21BettrMan21 Posts: 278
    Tennessee
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Mississippi
    Texas
    Lousiana
    Florida
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    UpSideDown wrote:
    TAMPA

I NEED A VACATION ASAP

word up snoop
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    UpSideDown wrote:
    TAMPA

I NEED A VACATION ASAP

I like this suggestion! :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    how 'bout some love for the south?
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    shep wrote:
    I remember reading that article about Jeff getting mugged in Atlanta as well, though I don't remember any of the details... but it also begs the question, if you hate the south so much you won't play a show here, why are you recording in this area? especially when most of the members of the band all have their own recording studios...

Well, I think that Brendan O'Brien's Southern Tracks Studio is here in Atlanta. And he produced Backspacer...which was no doubt why Jeff was here. I went and googled it just now, and the incident took place in late April of 2009, so that's about right for a trip down here to mix the record.

It just breaks my heart that Jeff had to run into such a sorry example of our local citizenry...as a PJ fan, it pisses me off no end....and although I have never been mugged in 15 years of living here, it nevertheless leaves me mortified that that happened to a member of the band in the city where I live.

But hopefully they all have fonder memories of some of their other trips here. Like maybe the '94 show at the Fox Theatre? :P

We Atlantans can only hope!