**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    rhinomagic wrote:
    hey gang! Sadly, it looks like not much has happened in the way of PJ tour news recently.

I just spent a week driving through the heart of the south-land. It's beautiful country, but hurting right now.

We crossed the tornado aftermath near Birmingham last Thursday (and again yesterday). Devastating and painful to look at. Makes your insides squirm...

Also, we saw the results of a blown levee in Sikeston, MO. It was done in an effort to save the MS River Delta from its biggest flood in 70-something years.

It couldn't fix these problems, but it might make a few folks feel better if PJ would pay a visit and sit a spell. Here's hoping!

Yeah, no news to report while you were away. The devastation is unreal in the towns hit by tornadoes and flooding. Some PJ shows would definitely be sweet relief for some folks in those areas.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Please play the South :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    rhinomagic wrote:
    hey gang! Sadly, it looks like not much has happened in the way of PJ tour news recently.

I just spent a week driving through the heart of the south-land. It's beautiful country, but hurting right now.

We crossed the tornado aftermath near Birmingham last Thursday (and again yesterday). Devastating and painful to look at. Makes your insides squirm...

Also, we saw the results of a blown levee in Sikeston, MO. It was done in an effort to save the MS River Delta from its biggest flood in 70-something years.

It couldn't fix these problems, but it might make a few folks feel better if PJ would pay a visit and sit a spell. Here's hoping!

Glad you made it back safely. You didn't missing anything here
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    http://www.soundgardenworld.com/2011tour

Just in case if anyone didn't see this already - the south gets fucked again
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• its just gishits just gish Posts: 880
    LukinFan wrote:

god damn asshats!!
    LukinFan wrote:

I wonder if they have the same tour manager as PJ? If so, it doesn't bode well for a Pearl Jam tour in (or remotely near) the south this year. Looking at the Soundgarden dates is really disappointing. There's nothing even close!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Better Dan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I wonder if they have the same tour manager as PJ? If so, it doesn't bode well for a Pearl Jam tour in (or remotely near) the south this year. Looking at the Soundgarden dates is really disappointing. There's nothing even close!
    I'm sure they do have the same tour manager - I agree, very disappointing, but to be honest, not very shocking
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I'm sure they do have the same tour manager - I agree, very disappointing, but to be honest, not very shocking

I need to think of a logical excuse to move..
    come on, we're begging! please play the south!

page 1

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Ssmiley_emoticons_rakete.gif
    Osmiley_emoticons_rakete.gif
    Usmiley_emoticons_rakete.gif
    Tsmiley_emoticons_rakete.gif
    Hsmiley_emoticons_rakete.gif
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I gotta go south for Disney World, you gotta come north for PJ, that's the deal people.
    I gotta go south for Disney World, you gotta come north for PJ, that's the deal people.

Or.. Pearl Jam could play Disney World!
    play the south 8-)

play the south 8-)
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759

I want a new deal. Obama promised me change... I'll settle for PJ in the south.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Please play the south in 2011 or early 2012.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Another postcard from the South-->
    p-16266.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Please play the south in 2011 or early 2012.

Fall 2011. Don't make us wait until 2012. There is plenty of time to make fall 2011 work, considering fall doesn't start until mid october.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    play here in WACO!!!! :D

anyone...? :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Atlanta!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    play here in WACO!!!! :D

anyone...? :?

I told you, I'll come! Just give me directions to where you're serving the beer and BBQ (vice versa if you need to come to Houston ;) )
    Can't let this move to Page 2. Please play the South! 8-)
  • tmantman Posts: 158
    So now it seems the South has been snubbed by Soundgarden as well. It would have been nice to have seen some shows south of Virginia, like in Florida, Texas and Georgia???? Did something happen that we are no longer part of the US in the South as it seems in spite of great weather, great places to visit and play we get very little love from the bands we love in the south. I know some might say that they don't come because the don't sellout, well that is a sellout, as well if they made regular visits to the South they might have had more fans consistently over time in the South. Que Cera Cera!
    tman wrote:
    So now it seems the South has been snubbed by Soundgarden as well. It would have been nice to have seen some shows south of Virginia, like in Florida, Texas and Georgia???? Did something happen that we are no longer part of the US in the South as it seems in spite of great weather, great places to visit and play we get very little love from the bands we love in the south. I know some might say that they don't come because the don't sellout, well that is a sellout, as well if they made regular visits to the South they might have had more fans consistently over time in the South. Que Cera Cera!

I think it might have more to do with either the opinions of whoever organizes their tours at this point. I would imagine that the same person who organized PJ/Eddie's tours organized Soundgarden's by looking at the path... I mean chris cornell started his songbook tour in Austin and played Dallas and Houston as well, so by the looks of this - to my eye anyway - it looks like someone else is doing the planning...

It's just ironic that usually people from the north accuse those in the south of being ignorant and it looks like in this situation the shoe is on the other foot.

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    play the south

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Even our pets are dressing up to tell you that we miss you down here! :)
    we_miss_you_card-p137921346383601850qqld_400.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    FLORIDA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    justam wrote:
    Even our pets are dressing up to tell you that we miss you down here! :)
    we_miss_you_card-p137921346383601850qqld_400.jpg
    funny.gif cute!

PLAY THE SOUTH!