**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    That's too bad - it seems like they are doing pretty well this year

Thus the problem w/ Martin. He wins 40, 45, or 50 games every season, but always fails to win the final game of the year.

In the postseason, his noo-noo gets so tight you could shove coal up there at first pitch and have a diamond by 7th inning stretch.

They're hitting the ball well the past few games. But w/ 5 weeks to go in the season, we don't even know who our #2 & #3 starting pitchers are. :wtf:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    atlanta-postcard.jpg:mrgreen:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    LukinFan wrote:
    It was either MSG2 or Jazzfest - couldn't afford both

Well, Jazzfest was good, but you definitely made the right choice...

(Although I made the more right choice by going to Boston also.... ;) )
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    tumblr_l4p09h8cRS1qa6p4po1_500-1.gif

STOP BY & PLAY THE SOUTH 8-)
  • shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

The 2010 Boston show?
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

The 2010 Boston show?

Yeah... last year I did Jazzfest, Hartford and Boston... was hoping for 2 shows in Boston, but it never materialized....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

The 2010 Boston show?

This brings an interesting question to mind (and sorry if it might've been discussed earlier):

Who FROM the south has traveled TO the northeast, upper midwest, west coast, or out of country to see PJ? And, if it's not too sensitive, how much did you spend on travel/lodging (not tickets or merch)?

My wife and I went to both MSG shows in 2008. We flew to Boston for a weekend, then took the train to NYC. Total travel cost = ~$950.00

Just think how many shows I could've seen for that money if we could've driven to some shows in closer proximity. PJ could've had that money instead of JetBlue, AmTrak, and the hotels.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    [quote="rhinomagicThis brings an interesting question to mind (and sorry if it might've been discussed earlier):

Who FROM the south has traveled TO the northeast, upper midwest, west coast, or out of country to see PJ? And, if it's not too sensitive, how much did you spend on travel/lodging (not tickets or merch)?

My wife and I went to both MSG shows in 2008. We flew to Boston for a weekend, then took the train to NYC. Total travel cost = ~$950.00

Just think how many shows I could've seen for that money if we could've driven to some shows in closer proximity. PJ could've had that money instead of JetBlue, AmTrak, and the hotels.

.[/quote]

Over the years I've traveled to Boston/Hartford, NYC, and Florida to see shows. I don't know how much I've spent on travel, etc. to see them, but suffice it to say it's well into the thousands. Just can't do it anymore unfortunately. I'm not a carefree college student anymore. Got a wife, a house, and other priorities. I really miss tours like '03 when I had a hometown show in Houston and shows in San Antonio and Dallas that were just 3 hours away. Some folks on the coasts just don't know how great they have it.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • I went to Boston back in 08, Kansas City last year, and Bridge School last year.
    That's weird you went to Boston and Hartford, well not weird, but my neighbor when I lived in San Marcos went to both of those. Which was odd enough that I've never lived in the same general proximity, much less apartment building, as someone who travels to see them, too..
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    I live south of Atlanta...so since the 2003 Atl show, I've traveled to 06 Cincy, the 09 Chicago shows, 2010 Columbus and Indy. We have driven to all of these...its expensive, but I never regret it.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    rhinomagic wrote:
    This brings an interesting question to mind (and sorry if it might've been discussed earlier):

I don't even want to think about how much I've spent traveling to see PJ. Since I started seeing shows in 03 there have only been 4 shows within a 10 hour driving distance (all 4 in TX), which means flying has been a necessity for the other 16..not to mention hotels, rental cars, meals, other travel expenses. I didn't even live in Dallas when they last played here in 03 so every PJ show I have been to has required at least a 4 hour drive and hotel stay! (Drove 9 hours within Texas for the 03 Dallas show). I've flown to the Midwest twice, the Southeast, the West and the Northwest hoping that PJ or even just EV will play here again. It must be nice to be able to go to your own home after a PJ show. Unfortuantely, I wouldn't know :( Hell, I'd be happy if there were actually shows within an 8 hour drive!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    rhinomagic wrote:

hrmm...

I can give you a couple of rough estimates.

Jazzfest 2010 - probably about $600 per person (~1200 total between me and the girlfriend - that number is skewed by the hotel costs though... hotels in NO rape everyone for that weekend... we stayed at a hole in the wall for about 300/night)

Hartford/Boston - probably about $900 per person ( ~1800-2000 total between me and the girlfriend. That number is deflated because we had relatives out in surburbia we stayed with for a couple of nights inbetween the shows)

ACL 2009 - probably about $400-500 (again, price deflated because I crashed at a dirtbag hotel with about 9 people in the room)

Toronto 2009 - probably close on $750 (again, price deflated because I have free lodging in Toronto)

New York 2008 - probably around $800-1000...

so total - probably about $4250 has been spent on travel arrangements to see PJ... I'm not including ticket costs in these numbers....
    play the south!
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

Please come back! :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    another reason they won't play the south

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/artic ... =obnetwork

;)

;)

Because things like that never happen in the Northeast...

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-12/justice/new.york.bodies.search_1_human-skull-gilgo-beach-serial-killer?_s=PM:CRIME

It's really starting to bug me how ignorant people from the Northern, "Liberal" areas of this country think that people in the South are all just a bunch of no good, stupid, gun-toting rednecks.

I'm originally Canadian, and I find it funny that people in the Northeast especially condemn people for being from the south - they belittle them, poke fun, alienate, you name it, but they never except them. If you come from the south and move to the northeast, they'll never forget it.... and these people are supposed to be "Liberal". People in the south don't treat northeastern people the same way... it's just fact. As someone who is not even from the US and has traveled all over this country, it's hilarous to point out that no matter how "Liberal" the north thinks they are, people in the south are 10 times more hospitable....
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    shep wrote:

;)

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-12/justice/new.york.bodies.search_1_human-skull-gilgo-beach-serial-killer?_s=PM:CRIME

It's really starting to bug me how ignorant people from the Northern, "Liberal" areas of this country think that people in the South are all just a bunch of no good, stupid, gun-toting rednecks.

I'm originally Canadian, and I find it funny that people in the Northeast especially condemn people for being from the south - they belittle them, poke fun, alienate, you name it, but they never except them. If you come from the south and move to the northeast, they'll never forget it.... and these people are supposed to be "Liberal". People in the south don't treat northeastern people the same way... it's just fact. As someone who is not even from the US and has traveled all over this country, it's hilarous to point out that no matter how "Liberal" the north thinks they are, people in the south are 10 times more hospitable....

living with a dead rotting body is different than a killing spree with a strategic burial location

i think people from the north except people from the south all the time.... oh wait... you meant accept... oops

10 times?? is that a fact? you sure it's not 9 or 11? ;)
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    shep wrote:

Take off you liberal northeast hosers.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    shep wrote:

;)

bush460new.jpg
    bush460new.jpg

Hahahahahaha. What a tool!!!!!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    shep wrote:

;)

bush460new.jpg

I hate that this idiot somehow always ends up being the poster child for the South and is even sometimes brought up as a reason the band won't come here. Why put his ugly mug in this thread? Not everyone down here voted for or likes the clown! Not everyone speaks or acts like him. It's like saying I refuse to visit Alaska because Palin is from there.
  • bush460new.jpg

Um, isn't he from Connecticut??
    bush460new.jpg

Um, isn't he from Connecticut??

He was born there but was raised and went to school in Midland and Houston and finished high school at a boarding school in MA. Basically he spent all of his youth as well as most of his adult life in TX.

That certainly isn't a CT accent he has going on.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....

living with a dead rotting body is different than a killing spree with a strategic burial location

i think people from the north except people from the south all the time.... oh wait... you meant accept... oops

10 times?? is that a fact? you sure it's not 9 or 11? ;)

Your right it is different... it's much worse that someone is on a killing spree. Good point. Sounds like an arguement in my favor.
    bush460new.jpg

Ha ha ha... hilarous. I love how people around here think that is a legit arguement.... I don't know if you noticed but:

071203_us_prez_2004.gif

more than half of your country voted for this moron. So blaming the south for his re-election is not a valid point. But I'm sure you'll continue to do it.

I'm Canadian, I can certainly tell you it's not my fault. I don't vote for your president.

If all you guys are going to do is come in this thread and tease those of us that are less fortunate than you... well that's pretty pathetic. Get lost and leave us alone.

All we want is some shows. I'm sorry you don't think that we deserve them because of where we live/are from. Awfully nice of you... I'm pretty sure that could be construed a racism in some court of law, but whatever...

Anyway, back to the point of the thread. PLAY THE SOUTH!
    ...and we now have a new term to describe our situation in the Pearl Jam touring universe:

residential discrimination

Let's take them to court! ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    play the south

rhinomagic wrote:
    ...and we now have a new term to describe our situation in the Pearl Jam touring universe:

residential discrimination

Let's take them to court! ;)

:lol::lol:
    play the south
    well, apparently we're all a bunch of gun slingin', Bush lovin' neocons (i love stereotypes and unfounded generalizations so much).....but can you come play down here anyway?

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Play in Waco!!! Party at our house! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com