**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    houston & dallas - 8 years waiting. PLEASE come visit!
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    the south

Did you attend the FSU spring game yesterday? We were out there w/ oysters & a cornhole set.

The weather was phenomenal for tailgating. Would've been a great day to tailgate a PJ concert, too.

I didn't go - I watched the first half on my Xbox. Kind of boring - I'm ready for the real thing! Love me some tailgating though

Yeah, the actual event was lame. The real thing is coming soon enough.

But tailgating, good music, cornhole, Florida outdoors in April. Man, none of that is ever boring.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Are either of you going to PJ20? I should expand.. any of you people posting going?

I'm going.

Since they ditched the model of the Riot Act trek in '03, I don't get to see them once a tour anymore.

Went to MSG in '08 for both shows. Going to PJ20 for my first show(s) in 3 years.

Nice man.... enjoy, spread the south love while you're up there! If I could get some reasonably priced airfair from Houston to Milwaukee I'd consider it, but it doesn't look like that's possible....

I'm secretly hoping (although I know it's outside the realm of possibility) that the reason for the delay in the tour announcement has something to do with the Lollapalooza announcement on April 26th.... I know it's extremely unlikely, but I guy can hope right? I've got all my travel arrangements already made for lolla this year... it'll be my first time...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    rhinomagic wrote:

Yeah, the actual event was lame. The real thing is coming soon enough.

But tailgating, good music, cornhole, Florida outdoors in April. Man, none of that is ever boring.

That is very true. Should be a good year - at least I hope.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • shep wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Are either of you going to PJ20? I should expand.. any of you people posting going?

I'm going.

Since they ditched the model of the Riot Act trek in '03, I don't get to see them once a tour anymore.

Went to MSG in '08 for both shows. Going to PJ20 for my first show(s) in 3 years.

Nice man.... enjoy, spread the south love while you're up there! If I could get some reasonably priced airfair from Houston to Milwaukee I'd consider it, but it doesn't look like that's possible....

I'm secretly hoping (although I know it's outside the realm of possibility) that the reason for the delay in the tour announcement has something to do with the Lollapalooza announcement on April 26th.... I know it's extremely unlikely, but I guy can hope right? I've got all my travel arrangements already made for lolla this year... it'll be my first time...

I would keep checking with the travel websites, or even fly out of dallas/austin/san antonio. That's weird houston is expensive when all the other cities aren't. Jealous of Lolla, I wanted to go except my company won't let anyone take vacation in July/August. It's already gonna be a pain in the ass to get the couple days before Labor Day off. (If it's even then)
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    Atlanta/Florida/Tennessee/Alabama/Carolinas...
    8-)8-)8-)
    Who's at Lolla this year?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:

I believe I read that Eminem, Muse, and Foo Fighters are heavily rumored. Lineup is due right after Easter.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Beastie Boys pop-up in a festival, w/ their new stuff coming out in a couple of weeks.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    shep wrote:

I'm not totally convinced it's Alpine Valley, but where ever it is I'll think of a way to fly a southern flag at my campsite. You all can help me brainstorm, if you're inspired.

Keep an eye out for changes in airfare. I have a Kayak alert set up to let me know when fares to Milwaukee change (if indeeed it IS Alpine Valley).

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

I'm not totally convinced it's Alpine Valley, but where ever it is I'll think of a way to fly a southern flag at my campsite. You all can help me brainstorm, if you're inspired.

Keep an eye out for changes in airfare. I have a Kayak alert set up to let me know when fares to Milwaukee change (if indeeed it IS Alpine Valley).

I'm sure there's a Texas flag I can buy that will fit in my luggage, if people can bring signs to shows, I imagine the same is true for a flag?..
    You should also turn off/on your modem/router, I've heard travel websites remember the IP addresses and the price goes up a little bit everytime you go back to the same search w/o buying. Not sure if that's BS or not, but when I go back and check it seems sort of true.
    I would keep checking with the travel websites, or even fly out of dallas/austin/san antonio. That's weird houston is expensive when all the other cities aren't. Jealous of Lolla, I wanted to go except my company won't let anyone take vacation in July/August. It's already gonna be a pain in the ass to get the couple days before Labor Day off. (If it's even then)

I check the prices atleast once a day... most days usually twice.... the price hasn't changed a dime since I started checking.... but the other thing is, even if it did I can't book anything cause nothings been announced.... it sucks... need some confirmation...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I believe I read that Eminem, Muse, and Foo Fighters are heavily rumored. Lineup is due right after Easter.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Beastie Boys pop-up in a festival, w/ their new stuff coming out in a couple of weeks.

Jane's addiction is also heavily rumored as well...

I like what I've read so far... I missed ACL last year cause of work, so I haven't seen The Muse yet, and everyone tells me they're awesome live...

I've also got all my ACL plans firmed up too (but that's only a 3 hour drive away).... super psyched that the rumored headliner leak so far is Radiohead.... I'm yet to see their live show too....
    play texas!
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

last bump for the south on a sunday night from me!
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Bump! Play the South!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Texas!!! You know you want to... :D
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Houston

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    smiley-sun.gifPLAY THE SOUTH!!!!smiley-sun.gif
    FL
    GA
    AL
    TX
    NC
    SC

the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    FL
    GA
    AL
    TX
    NC
    SC

the south...play it

it's simple really.... 8-)
  • pandora wrote:
    smiley-sun.gifPLAY THE SOUTH!!!!smiley-sun.gif
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    FL
    GA
    AL
    TX
    NC
    SC

the south...play it

• shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    FL
    GA
    AL
    TX
    NC
    SC

the south...play it

and VA
    This whole thread makes me wonder if anyone has ever relocated their lives to be closer to PJ shows.

It would be a major step beyond requesting they play nearer to you. :lol:

Looks like the PJ20 news will be handed down from Mount Olympus pretty soon. I can't wait for people's minds to be blown when 10C tells us all the shows are at Talladega Motor Speedway, Big Cypress Seminole Reservation, or Zilker Park. ;)

PJ20 in the South: You know you want some banana puddin'.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    rhinomagic wrote:

dancing_banana.gif
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    This whole thread makes me wonder if anyone has ever relocated their lives to be closer to PJ shows.

It would be a major step beyond requesting they play nearer to you. :lol:

Looks like the PJ20 news will be handed down from Mount Olympus pretty soon. I can't wait for people's minds to be blown when 10C tells us all the shows are at Talladega Motor Speedway, Big Cypress Seminole Reservation, or Zilker Park. ;)

Dear god I would love Zilker Park, but my logic tells me people up north couldn't handle the heat index in Austin over Labor Day. I probably shouldn't complain. Just play the south!
    play the south please!