**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• I was born and raised in Chicago. Pearl Jam has always been kind to us.

Having recently visited Muscle Shoals, AL, I'm *officially* jumping on the "The Official Play The South Thread" thread.

The south rocks. Everyone is sooooo nice! The weather is great.. nature.. scenery.. mountains.. caves!

White Lily Flour and Cornmeal!

Thanksgiving week was Nashville. Not exactly a place for kids but Ooooo... that one night at Tootsies!

Spring Break was Florence, AL to visit my newly relocated parents (dad is originally from Arab, AL). Every-single-public-place played good music. We stopped at a local grocery store and at 8 am (to stock up on White Lily for everyone).. they were playing good Tom Petty. I don't remember hearing a single country song in any public place the entire week I was there.

Pearl Jam ignoring the south is.... a travesty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHsDa9_HSlA
  • lol-that crowd is as big as pinkpop!
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    houston
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Play in Waco!!! Party at our house! :D

sure, so long as I'm invited! I'll drive up!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    7598YellowSnowSmiley.gif

Hi Yanks ... how's the snow up there ;)

Come play in the sunny South! 1lg176summer.gif
    LukinFan wrote:
    the south, play it!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I was born and raised in Chicago. Pearl Jam has always been kind to us.

Having recently visited Muscle Shoals, AL, I'm *officially* jumping on the "The Official Play The South Thread" thread.

The south rocks. Everyone is sooooo nice! The weather is great.. nature.. scenery.. mountains.. caves!

White Lily Flour and Cornmeal!

Thanksgiving week was Nashville. Not exactly a place for kids but Ooooo... that one night at Tootsies!

Spring Break was Florence, AL to visit my newly relocated parents (dad is originally from Arab, AL). Every-single-public-place played good music. We stopped at a local grocery store and at 8 am (to stock up on White Lily for everyone).. they were playing good Tom Petty. I don't remember hearing a single country song in any public place the entire week I was there.

Pearl Jam ignoring the south is.... a travesty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHsDa9_HSlA

North Alabama = highly underrated. PJ should follow the other greats and record @ Muscle Shoals.

Do you listen to Drive-by Truckers? If not, you should.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    :idea: play the south

can't let this slip to page 2 - play the south!

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    shep wrote:
    living with a dead rotting body is different than a killing spree with a strategic burial location
    i think people from the north except people from the south all the time.... oh wait... you meant accept... oops
    10 times?? is that a fact? you sure it's not 9 or 11? ;)

Your right it is different... it's much worse that someone is on a killing spree. Good point. Sounds like an arguement in my favor.

so you think killing and burying people is worse than letting someone's dead body rot in your house... stepping over their bug infested body to go get the mail?

interesting
    shep wrote:
    living with a dead rotting body is different than a killing spree with a strategic burial location
    i think people from the north except people from the south all the time.... oh wait... you meant accept... oops
    10 times?? is that a fact? you sure it's not 9 or 11? ;)

Your right it is different... it's much worse that someone is on a killing spree. Good point. Sounds like an arguement in my favor.

so you think killing and burying people is worse than letting someone's dead body rot in your house... stepping over their bug infested body to go get the mail?

interesting

Can we agree that both are disgusting and also completely irrelevant? Neither act is in any way a reflection of the people of that region, and especially has nothing to do with the matter at hand - which is PJ should PLAY THE SOUTH. Come on PJ, get on it!

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    It's a beautiful place here...Atlanta
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • KPWKPW Posts: 7
    Weather is perfect now.
    Atlanta, Nashville, Chattanooga, all great spots
    Imagine PJ playing at Ryman!
    06.17.09 Ryman, Nashville, Eddie Solo
    05.24.06 TD Bank North Garden, Boston
    09/29/04 TD Bank North Garden, Boston
    07/11/03 Tweeter Center, Mansfield
    08/30/00 Tweeter Center, Mansfield
    09/16/98 Great Woods, Mansfield
    6.1 million people in "greater Houston" awaiting your return... (and apparently "greater Houston" doesn't include Katy, Cypress, and the Woodlands, so probably more like 8 million people that haven't gotten a show in 8 years)...
    the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    nz4oj4.gifPLAY THE SOUTH!!!! 8-)
    texas

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    shep wrote:
    6.1 million people in "greater Houston" awaiting your return... (and apparently "greater Houston" doesn't include Katy, Cypress, and the Woodlands, so probably more like 8 million people that haven't gotten a show in 8 years)...

Also over 6 million people in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex...we're waiting :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    texas - new mexico - oklahoma - georgia - louisiana - alabama - florida - tennessee - carolinas - kentucky

• Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    I am from Missouri and though we are not a fortunate as the northeast, we are more fortunate than the south. For the past couple weeks I've been listening to all the Dallas and Atlanta boots, all were amazing shows. Especially Dallas '98, and Atlanta '94, 98, and '00. Currently listening to Dallas 10-17-00, great energy and a great set list. The reason why Pearl Jam have skipped some of these southern metropolitan areas for the better part of a decade is beyond me. Come on guys, Bush has been out of office for two years now (Kanye has even played the south) so its time to give the south a tour. You obviously have plenty of fans down there.
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

FLORIDA
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    LukinFan wrote:
    FLORIDA
    :D
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    shep wrote:

you forgot Sugarland, Pearland, Clear Lake, Tomball, Pasadena....it's a big-ass city! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    8 years waiting!

the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

mfc2006 wrote:
    shep wrote:

you forgot Sugarland, Pearland, Clear Lake, Tomball, Pasadena....it's a big-ass city! :D

Actually, according to the definition on wikipedia "greater Houston" does include Sugarland, baytown, etc... essentially everything from the coast to the southeast...

that being said your right, that still doesn't include tomball, pasadena, Jersey Village, Humble... I could go on, but I know you understand ;)
    shep wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    shep wrote:

Actually, according to the definition on wikipedia "greater Houston" does include Sugarland, baytown, etc... essentially everything from the coast to the southeast...

that being said your right, that still doesn't include tomball, pasadena, Jersey Village, Humble... I could go on, but I know you understand ;)

Plus then you have Galveston and Texas City in the near vicinity... ;)
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    shep wrote:

Plus then you have Galveston and Texas City in the near vicinity... ;)[/quote]

In other words, Texas is very populated and a lot of fans would love to see Pearl jam so please play some shows here :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City