**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    come play texas and bring that seattle rain - we're desperate for both
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    very nice for both of you - I know you'll at least be getting some shows up there

It's still 2 years away & plans could change. But, yeah, it would be a little closer to some of the ~25 North American cities Pearl Jam still plays.

We're picking our next home based on a few factors:

1) pro baseball or proximity to MLB city
    2) good international airport
    3) healthy arts scene
    4) access to outdoor activities

And, if PJ plays nearby, that will just be a bonus. It's not like they can play any less frequently than what we get down here in sunny FLA.

but you know you'll be missing some killer Noles games int he coming years
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Bump for the South. Maybe you guys can spend the winter touring the South!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    very nice for both of you - I know you'll at least be getting some shows up there

It's still 2 years away & plans could change. But, yeah, it would be a little closer to some of the ~25 North American cities Pearl Jam still plays.

3) healthy arts scene

And, if PJ plays nearby, that will just be a bonus. It's not like they can play any less frequently than what we get down here in sunny FLA.

I just finished grad school and I'm still trying to figure out a way to get out of Texas.
    the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

3) healthy arts scene

I just finished grad school and I'm still trying to figure out a way to get out of Texas.

Aww c'mon...Texas isn't that bad...is it? :-? We want the band to come back not validate their lack of touring here :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

3) healthy arts scene

holy shit. it's freaky how your list looks almost exactly like ours. :shock:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Better Dan wrote:
    Aww c'mon...Texas isn't that bad...is it? :-? We want the band to come back not validate their lack of touring here :lol:

no, it's not bad at all. we both grew up here & went away for a bit for our undergrad degrees, then we both came back, met, fell in love & got married! i think we just both want a change and want to take steps towards that change before kids enter the equation. plus, i have no family here & her parents are wanting to move as well. so, it just works out. if we ever come back to TX, there is no doubt that we will live in Austin.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Better Dan wrote:

I'm not going to lie, I'm out of here next chance I get...

I'm from Canada and I needed a job when the economic downturn hit 3 years ago, and here in Houston was the easiest place to do so... so I bit the bullet, and even though this place has grown on me, there are still a lot of things I don't like about it.... and I really really really miss winter... it was always my favorite seaon, and I'm not a fan of the heat...

With the experience I've gotten in the last 3 years and the amount of work right now going on in the Asia/Pacific market in my industry I'm hoping I can get out of here by the end of 1st quarter 2012... but I will definitely always remember my time here as a good period of my life...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    LukinFan wrote:

Any recommendations for the south?
    You gotta hit up some of the beaches in South Florida - Ft. Lauderdale is one of my most favorite places to visit

Love Ft. Lauderdale. My family had a beach house in Hollywood Fl when I was younger. Spent alot of time in that area.
    ATLANTA
    alpha.jpg

Just qouted myself. Losah...
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    ATLANTA
    alpha.jpg

Just qouted myself. Losah...
    That would be a cool place for a show
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

FL
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida... all around the Gulf!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    8-)

I would love an excuse to go to New Orleans
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:

I know what you're saying, dude. Been going to 'Noles home games and bowls for 15 years now.

I'm not saying I won't miss it, but I have probably gotten more enjoyment out of it than I ever thought I would. And that's saying alot because I expected alot.

I'll still be around for at least 2 more seasons. If Jimbo's methods turn out to be all that they seem to be, that could be enough time to get us back in the MNC discussion.

Tell ya what I might miss more than the football games...'Noles baseball :o Blasphemy, I know...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I know what you're saying, dude. Been going to 'Noles home games and bowls for 15 years now.

I'm not saying I won't miss it, but I have probably gotten more enjoyment out of it than I ever thought I would. And that's saying alot because I expected alot.

I'll still be around for at least 2 more seasons. If Jimbo's methods turn out to be all that they seem to be, that could be enough time to get us back in the MNC discussion.

Tell ya what I might miss more than the football games...'Noles baseball :o Blasphemy, I know...

Oh wow - really? I usually don't even start watching baseball until the playoffs.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

mfc2006 wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

3) healthy arts scene

holy shit. it's freaky how your list looks almost exactly like ours. :shock:

If we're both in Portland in the future, maybe we could hang :thumbup:

What else is on your list? I didn't give the full conversation we've been having, but only the high points.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    People honestly feel that Texas is the South??? To me, its not. Texas is its own region in my eyes. But, definitely deserves ATLEAST 5 shows on the next tour for sure.
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Oh wow - really? I usually don't even start watching baseball until the playoffs.

The playoffs/NCAA Tournament are very exciting, but watching players develop over a season and the quirky things that can happen over the course of 50-60 games is more intriguing to me than the football season.

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE football; dad was a HS coach for 25 years, so I grew up on football fields. But baseball has that whole nostalgia/connection to previous generations/transportation to another world effect for me.

Coach Martin is a great guy, runs a clean program, and turns out some quality players. He'll never win the College World Series, but the 'Noles regular season is a great ride every year. Can't wait until we have the next JD Drew, Shane Robinson, or Buster Posey.

By the way, don't look for the 'Noles to go far in this year's tourney. The pitching is horrendous.

and, uh, PJ play the south!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    the south please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

People honestly feel that Texas is the South??? To me, its not. Texas is its own region in my eyes. But, definitely deserves ATLEAST 5 shows on the next tour for sure.

:lol: at least someone recognizes that 3 of the United States 10 most populous cities have gone ignored for 8 years....
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:
    8-)

Didn't go last year? I guess I was the only one who could stomach the smell of oil. :roll: :roll:
  • People honestly feel that Texas is the South??? To me, its not. Texas is its own region in my eyes. But, definitely deserves ATLEAST 5 shows on the next tour for sure.
    It's definitely not the south.. unless you go to east Texas..
    shep wrote:
    PLAY THE SOUTH!
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:
    8-)

Didn't go last year? I guess I was the only one who could stomach the smell of oil. :roll: :roll:
    It was either MSG2 or Jazzfest - couldn't afford both
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

The playoffs/NCAA Tournament are very exciting, but watching players develop over a season and the quirky things that can happen over the course of 50-60 games is more intriguing to me than the football season.

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE football; dad was a HS coach for 25 years, so I grew up on football fields. But baseball has that whole nostalgia/connection to previous generations/transportation to another world effect for me.

Coach Martin is a great guy, runs a clean program, and turns out some quality players. He'll never win the College World Series, but the 'Noles regular season is a great ride every year. Can't wait until we have the next JD Drew, Shane Robinson, or Buster Posey.

By the way, don't look for the 'Noles to go far in this year's tourney. The pitching is horrendous.

and, uh, PJ play the south!

That's too bad - it seems like they are doing pretty well this year
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

play the south