• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    A picture of Jacksonville, FL. :)

Jacksonville-Florida-Skyline.jpeg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    justam wrote:

I'm making the drive from Dallas to Jacksonville in 2 weeks (the gf is moving there for 2 months for a clinical rotation). Not looking forward to the long drive but at least the reward is ending up on the beach. :D
    justam wrote:

I'm making the drive from Dallas to Jacksonville in 2 weeks (the gf is moving there for 2 months for a clinical rotation). Not looking forward to the long drive but at least the reward is ending up on the beach. :D

Yes. There's something wonderful about being near the water. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Posts: 2,340
    M11_CIFR0ace1723e4b228f2a0cbfbd6c05a9acb.jpg
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    The main reason I'm not getting worked up about this tour talk is 2010:

Opened the tour in New Orleans (festival), then flew away to the midwest and northeast. They were driving distance from Houston, Atlanta, northern Florida...but jetted right back to the same 'ol places. History tells us that they'll play Chicago, New York, Boston, Hartford, Philly, maybe even LA, Seattle, then fly down for a 1 night stand in New Orleans before heading back home.

I think being overlooked for 10 years has made us all rightfully cynical. It would surprise me much more to get shows down here than it would to get passed up. I actually don't get excited about tour rumors anymore and expect to get passed up. The disappointment time and time again just wore me thin. I guess I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised this time around.
    Very well said and I couldn't agree more
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    LukinFan wrote:

Opened the tour in New Orleans (festival), then flew away to the midwest and northeast. They were driving distance from Houston, Atlanta, northern Florida...but jetted right back to the same 'ol places. History tells us that they'll play Chicago, New York, Boston, Hartford, Philly, maybe even LA, Seattle, then fly down for a 1 night stand in New Orleans before heading back home.

I think being overlooked for 10 years has made us all rightfully cynical. It would surprise me much more to get shows down here than it would to get passed up. I actually don't get excited about tour rumors anymore and expect to get passed up. The disappointment time and time again just wore me thin. I guess I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised this time around.

Yep. Unfortunately.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Since their last tour stops in the south over 10 years ago, the band has been to:

Europe x5
    South America x3
    Australia/NZ x2

They've left the continent 10 times without a single show in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Atlanta (save for the 1 festival last year), OK City, and a host of other massive US markets.

And my favorite.....

Sasktaoon x2?!?!?

Saskatoon (population 220,000) has had 2 shows since they last hit Houston or Dallas (combined metro populations exceeding 12,000,000). That statistic baffles me. It's hilarious and sad all at the same time.

Pearl Jam - please fix this problem.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • its just gishits just gish Posts: 880
    Since their last tour stops in the south over 10 years ago, the band has been to:

Europe x5
    South America x3
    Australia/NZ x2

They've left the continent 10 times without a single show in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Atlanta (save for the 1 festival last year), OK City, and a host of other massive US markets.

And my favorite.....

Sasktaoon x2?!?!?

Saskatoon (population 220,000) has had 2 shows since they last hit Houston or Dallas (combined metro populations exceeding 12,000,000). That statistic baffles me. It's hilarious and sad all at the same time.

As much I would love to sleep at my own house for a show, I doubt San Antonio would make the list. I have to agree with your previous post. It didn't occur to me about the last New Orleans stop though, until you mentioned it. NO to Kansas City and further up north. Not surprised anymore, but still hopeful?

Europe x5
    South America x3
    Australia/NZ x2

And my favorite.....

Sasktaoon x2?!?!?

It really is crazy.
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    TEXAS!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    ComeToTX wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Yep. Unfortunately.

Huge sigh.....probably true :(
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    TEXAS!
  • iiseeiisee Posts: 485
    Charlotte!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • I'm from Tulsa and so I'm for sure hoping for a Tulsa date (of course a Dallas, Houston, OKC show would be fine). In Tulsa we have an arena in the BOK Center that has booked just about every top name in music that I can think of. If their dates would fall right it would baffle me why they would pass up a stop here.
    I don't want to jump on the cynical wagon here (so I won't) but I know how you all feel. I felt really discouraged the year they skipped us and then did the PJ20 show in Wisconsin.

I'm only less worried now since Ed seemed to like playing down here in Florida. It seems like they won't skip us again. I hope I'm right about this though. It would hurt if they went back to just North East and a few West Coast shows.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Happy Wednesday bump? :)
    justam wrote:
    I don't want to jump on the cynical wagon here (so I won't) but I know how you all feel. I felt really discouraged the year they skipped us and then did the PJ20 show in Wisconsin.

I'm only less worried now since Ed seemed to like playing down here in Florida. It seems like they won't skip us again. I hope I'm right about this though. It would hurt if they went back to just North East and a few West Coast shows.

I honestly admire the way you rise above the cynicism - because it's laid on thick here (and I'm one of the worst offenders). I wish I still got amped up about tour news. I just don't anymore. I'm losing the passion and it sucks. I still listen to the music, put on the bootlegs, but it's less often. Don't get me wrong - if they somehow come to Houston or Dallas, I'll be there screaming and singing. But I've reached the point lately that if they don't, oh well. I won't fly to see them anymore (can't really - have a wife, a house, a new baby). And I very well may have seen a band I've obsessed over and grown up with for the last time already. That's sad, but I'm slowly losing the ability to care.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

Happy Wednesday bump? :)

Yes. :D

Happiness_by_stripeds0cks_thumb.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Dallas > Austin > Houston please. That would put you on your way to New Orleans.

0D3FEF87-1BB7-46B0-90E2-54E709110B6D-14264-000002D54FA7B44B_zpsf639074d.jpg
    We have lots if GOOD beer here in Texas, Ed! Come throw back a few with us!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

Dallas > Austin > Houston please. That would put you on your way to New Orleans.

Too logical.
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Posts: 2,340
    North%2BAmerica%2BPhoenix%2BFront.JPG
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
    ComeToTX wrote:

Too logical.

:lol: Spot on.

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    North%2BAmerica%2BPhoenix%2BFront.JPG
    great show and poster
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Back to page 1!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFj904DQ_Gk

Video evidence that the people of Houston enjoy a Pearl Jam show. Please come back.

Texas
    TEXAS
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895

Yes, we know how to have a good time in the South! Come back :D
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764

good luck with that... I hear Ed only drinks corona's these days... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.