Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep wrote:
    I heard RHCP too. One site has it, but then said it was a fake picture of the scratch off thing they were doing. Some of these websites have crazy rumors like Neil Young and Foo Fighters. I'm buying a ticket either way.

You can take Peppers to the bank... look at their tour schedule - they are definitely playing at ACL. Which makes ACL the exact same list as Lolla minus the band I'm the most excited about seeing at Lolla: Sabbath.

RHCP are all over the festivals, at $45 for a t-shirt, they go on tour for $'s, not their love of music. The last tour in 2006 I was so excited to see them... now I could care less... After watching the exact same set list 3 times, and knowing that the most creative part of the band has departed (John), I am just so "meh" about them...

I really really hope the Neil Young + Crazy Horose rumor is true... it will be a saving grace for me...

I was really really really hoping for metallica this year at either lolla or ACL, but i guess they just don't have the pull... :fp:

Oh Sabbath.. I saw the reunion? tour when I was 14 back in 99? I looked at the Lolla lineup, compared it to ACL. RHCP and the Black Keys are headliners sure, but Jack White isn't.. I guess we'll know tomorrow, because there has to be one other big name band to headline the third night.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    shep wrote:
    I heard RHCP too. One site has it, but then said it was a fake picture of the scratch off thing they were doing. Some of these websites have crazy rumors like Neil Young and Foo Fighters. I'm buying a ticket either way.

You can take Peppers to the bank... look at their tour schedule - they are definitely playing at ACL. Which makes ACL the exact same list as Lolla minus the band I'm the most excited about seeing at Lolla: Sabbath.

RHCP are all over the festivals, at $45 for a t-shirt, they go on tour for $'s, not their love of music. The last tour in 2006 I was so excited to see them... now I could care less... After watching the exact same set list 3 times, and knowing that the most creative part of the band has departed (John), I am just so "meh" about them...

I really really hope the Neil Young + Crazy Horose rumor is true... it will be a saving grace for me...

I was really really really hoping for metallica this year at either lolla or ACL, but i guess they just don't have the pull... :fp:

I think it'll take Neil to get me out there this year. Otherwise I'll just do after shows.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Well, it got released overnight... and surprise, surprise... it's a carbon copy of the Lolla lineup - Sabbath and + Neil Young w/ crazy horse....

http://lineup.aclfestival.com/

man... I wish I hadn't committed going to Lolla now... I feel ripped off... 2 festivals with the exact same set of headliners... just stinks of laziness on behalf of C3... Last time I will be committing to shows before I get a line-up...

The line-up I wanted was Outside lands....

Anyway, I digress... I'm sure most people are thrilled... much better line-up that last year's ACL IMO.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    shep wrote:
    Well, it got released overnight... and surprise, surprise... it's a carbon copy of the Lolla lineup - Sabbath and + Neil Young w/ crazy horse....

http://lineup.aclfestival.com/

man... I wish I hadn't committed going to Lolla now... I feel ripped off... 2 festivals with the exact same set of headliners... just stinks of laziness on behalf of C3... Last time I will be committing to shows before I get a line-up...

The line-up I wanted was Outside lands....

Anyway, I digress... I'm sure most people are thrilled... much better line-up that last year's ACL IMO.

I really hope The Avett Brothers will be on Saturday with Neil. That way I can grab a one day pass and I'll be thrilled with those two alone. Also would like to catch The Shins, Weezer, Iggy, and the Black Keys though.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Couple of things on there I'm interested in checking out

Chili Peppers (will sell my Dallas tickets if I go to acl), neil young, black keys, florence, avett brothers, roots, weezer, civil wars, band of skulls, esparanza spalding, alabama shakes, the staves, plus will of course check out some artists i'm not too familiar with yet..should be a good itme! Thinking about getting the 3 days pass..do they go on sale today?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Chili Peppers (will sell my Dallas tickets if I go to acl), neil young, black keys, florence, avett brothers, roots, weezer, civil wars, band of skulls, esparanza spalding, alabama shakes, the staves, plus will of course check out some artists i'm not too familiar with yet..should be a good itme! Thinking about getting the 3 days pass..do they go on sale today?

I had to sell my rhcp tickets for here, so now it's to ACL or to not ACL... hmm. Yeah if you got an email for the presale, it's today at 10am.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I had to sell my rhcp tickets for here, so now it's to ACL or to not ACL... hmm. Yeah if you got an email for the presale, it's today at 10am.

Im not on their email list, I don't think, so didn't get anything. Is there any other way to get the 3 day pass?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Im not on their email list, I don't think, so didn't get anything. Is there any other way to get the 3 day pass?

I ended up getting a 3 day pass. Not bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Day breakdown is up now. Jack vs. Neil on Saturday night.
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

3 day passes are sold out. They're selling single day now to elist people. Leftovers are available to everyone tomorrow.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    ComeToTX wrote:
    that's just a crime
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    that's just a crime

Agree. I saw it coming though. If I end up going I would probably do some jack and most of Neil.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    that's just a crime

Agree. I saw it coming though. If I end up going I would probably do some jack and most of Neil.
    I would probably do the same. Not sure how anyone could choose between the two
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Wasn't able to get the 3 day pass..oh well. Still may try to go to this.
  • Options
    Saturday is about to sell out.
  • Options
    nthngsms2flynthngsms2fly Posts: 121
    LukinFan wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    that's just a crime

I agree, i'm frustrated about that one. looks like i will have to skip jack. :evil:
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

how can you tell sat is going to sell out?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Some flowers for a Tuesday.

easterFlowers_Tulips.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

ACL posted it on fb. They said to get Saturday tickets quickly and "you've been warned."
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

ACL posted it on fb. They said to get Saturday tickets quickly and "you've been warned."

SATURDAY PASSES ARE NOW SOLD OUT! Damn, I was just about to get them :(
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

ah, gracias. i had not logged into fb at all today, so i missed that one.
  • Options
    Saturday gone. Friday and Sunday getting close.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    SATURDAY PASSES ARE NOW SOLD OUT! Damn, I was just about to get them :(

Not sure as of right now... but might have an extra down the road... bought 4 during the early bird sale, and only have 3 people committed (including myself) as of this moment in time...

I can't promise it to you as of right now, but if you keep coming up empty handed closer to the even timeframe, check back with me.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    play the south for the good friends down there!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TEXAS!
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Saturday gone. Friday and Sunday getting close.

Friday gone too.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    It's swimming season down in the South. This picture is from a website but I think it's a pretty pool so I'm putting it up. :)

tropical2.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    It's swimming season down in the South. This picture is from a website but I think it's a pretty pool so I'm putting it up. :)

tropical2.jpg
    Gotta love the south when there's an ocean or pool nearby
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I'll be swimming out here this time tomorrow...

krause4-9-10.jpg