• Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    bump for the south.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    EZ1221C wrote:
    bump for the south.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Here's another nice picture from the Fairchild Botanical gardens in Miami. :)

4370819-fairchild-tropical-botanic-garden-fl-usa.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    justam wrote:
    Here's another nice picture from the Fairchild Botanical gardens in Miami. :)

4370819-fairchild-tropical-botanic-garden-fl-usa.jpg

Nice one!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    Anyone have any non-PJ shows coming up?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    nthngsms2flynthngsms2fly Posts: 121
    LukinFan wrote:

spiritualized tomorrow night. i'm looking forward to this one; haven't ever seen him before.
  • Options
    nthngsms2flynthngsms2fly Posts: 121
    Better Dan wrote:
    The Dallas exhibit only runs until November 5th, so PJ has to hurry if they wan to see it. ;)

gonna have to make a trip up to dallas; i love chihuly. i think i went 5 times to his traveling exhibit in AZ like 10 years ago.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    LukinFan wrote:
    Was supposed to go to Wilco tonight :cry: ... Wife killed it :lol:
    But tomorrow is Cornell :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    So is deluna and mid town it for the south? If so this is sad. I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy about it,but damn my bones are getting too old for festivals...
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    So jealous about Cornell. One of these days...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    TX
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    LukinFan wrote:

Wow... that would be a relationship ender for me... 5 years down the toliet... :o

I love wilco as much as I love PJ... Jeff Tweedy's Voice is to die for, and Nels killing it on guitar.... :clap:

Lots of tickets to upcoming shows here in Houston, DMB Friday - Collective Soul, Coldplay, Bouncing souls, and Beachboys in June (girlfriend wants to see Coldplay and Beach boys)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

The Head and the Heart, Collective Soul, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eddie Vedder, RUSH, may try to see Norah Jones as well, but I'll be on the raod when tickets go on sale.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    This picture is from a newpaper's website, but I'm putting it up because this morning there was a peacock on the roof of my house! :D (I put that picture in my animal thread.)

peacock404_682157c.jpg

There are peacocks wandering around my neighborhood now. They used to be a few miles away (there was a ranch and now they just live on the streets nearby) but I guess they have migrated a bit.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Very nice - lots of shows coming up in Texas.

For me - seems like forever until Midtown and my two Ed shows in Lauderdale.

I'm still considering Tab Benoit in early July. Other than that, nada
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I'm going to see Explosions in the Sky and also Dave Matthews. I don't like Dave Matthews with his band as much as with Tim Reynolds but, I'm still going. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    I'm going to see Explosions in the Sky and also Dave Matthews. I don't like Dave Matthews with his band as much as with Tim Reynolds but, I'm still going. :D
    I'm not of a fan either, but he always puts on a good, fun show. My cousin is going to both of the WPB shows and is trying to talk me into joining him. Not sure if I will yet
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    LukinFan wrote:

Radiohead in a few weeks
    Phish in June
    Built to spill in June
    Possibly 311 in August
  • Options
    The biggest thing for me right now is the ACL lineup announcement next week...

I'm going to be kind of disappointed if I get RHCP and the Black Keys again (going to lolla too).... but I really am hoping the Neil Young + Crazy Horse rumours are true...

There are more shows on my list, but they're further out....

RHCP in October and Rush in December...

Also thinking really hard about biting on some VH tickets in June... been really enjoying their music lately, but thier ticket prices are insane...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I'm going to be kind of disappointed if I get RHCP and the Black Keys again (going to lolla too).... but I really am hoping the Neil Young + Crazy Horse rumours are true...

Also thinking really hard about biting on some VH tickets in June... been really enjoying their music lately, but thier ticket prices are insane...
    I bet you get NY and CH at ACL. They were just announced for Voodoo as well.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    mjservs806 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Radiohead in a few weeks
    Phish in June
    Built to spill in June
    Possibly 311 in August
    I was really hoping to pop my Phish cherry this summer. Just not going to happen though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    shep wrote:

I'll be shocked if Neil and the Peppers aren't on the list. Jack White too. Soundgarden wouldn't shock me either.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:

I'll be shocked if Neil and the Peppers aren't on the list. Jack White too. Soundgarden wouldn't shock me either.

I just don't want a repeat of Lolla's line-up... it seems like ACL has struggled for big names the last couple of years... Soundgarden would make sense, was really hoping to see Metallica appear on the bill, but I think that hope is all but lost...

I don't understand why Jack White is being billed as a festival headliner. He has one CD of solo music out under this form of himself... and to tell you the truth, I don't think the CD's all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather have the Racontours or the Dead Weather up there... at most Jack White should be billed as a sub-headliner (unless I know that he's breaking out all the white stripes classics)... not a main stage closing act...

Unfortunately I'm not too excited by RHCP anymore... I would like the BK to be on there - cause chances are Sabbath and the BK are going to be on stage at the same time on Friday at Lolla, so I'm going to miss the BK.... just like what happened at Muse/Coldplay last year (that being said I was at the Muse stage screaming "FUCK COLDPLAY, FUCK COLDPLAY...." like the rest of the heathens).... :lol:

Truth be told, if I had my time back, I would have went to Outside Lands festival in SF... that was the line-up I was really hoping for this summer at one of my festivals... :fp:
  • Options
    I'm hoping for PJ & FF for ACL. Yes I know it's a long shot and they have both been recently, but a girl can dream....
  • Options
    Really like the lineup for this weekend's Hangout Festival in Alabama, but I couldn't make it out there.
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    I'm hoping for PJ & FF for ACL. Yes I know it's a long shot and they have both been recently, but a girl can dream....

I'd like to see that too.. Might be too soon for them to replay ACL, but hey.. it could happen.. or at least RHCP. I had to give up my tickets for their show here. :(
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Really like the lineup for this weekend's Hangout Festival in Alabama, but I couldn't make it out there.

I like any festival with Wilco on the bill!

If anyone in the south is actaully going to Hangout, you should definitely check out my friend's band Hey Rosetta! They are coming all the way from Newfoundland (and also going to The Roo, Sasquatch, and Lolla for anyone going to those festivals) They are awesome and I'm sure they'd love your support!

I'm still saying that Outlands got the best lineup this summer...
  • Options
    bump...

On a postive note, if there's any truth to the rumour of PJ in San Fran at the end of September, I would say that lines them up for a southern US tour no? I mean, if you're going to truck the gear from Atlanta to SF, why not stop and play a few dates right? that would be the carbon-emission-friendly way to do it.... right?

:lol:

Maybe they actually will try and shut us up... :roll:
  • Options
    This picture is from a Delta travel website for DIsney. I just like the picture! :)

CB-Exterior-1.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&