**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,763
    back to the top
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • drinkbigredinsteaddrinkbigredinstead Posts: 2,240
    edited December 2011
    shep wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Now tell us how you really feel ;)

it just pisses me off so much I can barely contain it...

Why hold the political/cultural views of some against your own fans? Aren't you first and foremost a band that makes music? Shouldn't you want to share your music with all of us that want to hear it, regardless of our beliefs? It's fucking petty shit and I would like to think that this band should be bigger than that.

I live in the 4th biggest metropolis in the US, and I can't get a fucking show? I've gotta use my vacation to see you each and every time? Not to mention spending hundreds, if not thousands on airfare and hotels? It's bullshit, and it's really starting to make me wonder why I bother.

PJ talks about being "faithful" - Why not be faithful to your fans in the south and tour it?

At least I have Radiohead, RHCP, and DKM tickets to keep me entertained.... There isn't going to be any travel $'s spent on traveling to PJ this year.... 4 years in a row is enough... I have other priorities besides traveling back to the same 10 cities in the northeast to see a fucking show.... ridiculous.

I think we ALL have been frustrated to the point of giving up...glad to see you didn't and your next post was bump. :D Good things come to those who wait. ;)
    Post edited by drinkbigredinstead on
  • Monday bump
  • THE SOUTH: TOUR IT PEARL JAM!!!

PLEASE?
  • shep wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Why hold the political/cultural views of some against your own fans? Aren't you first and foremost a band that makes music? Shouldn't you want to share your music with all of us that want to hear it, regardless of our beliefs? It's fucking petty shit and I would like to think that this band should be bigger than that.

I live in the 4th biggest metropolis in the US, and I can't get a fucking show? I've gotta use my vacation to see you each and every time? Not to mention spending hundreds, if not thousands on airfare and hotels? It's bullshit, and it's really starting to make me wonder why I bother.

PJ talks about being "faithful" - Why not be faithful to your fans in the south and tour it?

At least I have Radiohead, RHCP, and DKM tickets to keep me entertained.... There isn't going to be any travel $'s spent on traveling to PJ this year.... 4 years in a row is enough... I have other priorities besides traveling back to the same 10 cities in the northeast to see a fucking show.... ridiculous.

Hopefully they still have rhcp tickets left when I get them today. Epic fail on the radiohead for me!
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    If it is indeed a cultural/political thing then screw it... don't come! I would love to see a couple of shows in the South. But if you have issues with this part of the country then stay away. There sure does seem to be alot of transplants from the North dwelling here now. It must not be too bad of a place. BTW, I have been a member since the mid- nineties and have kept my membership current in hopes of seeing the guys live. I have some faith left !!! Bump for "The South"
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    Play TEXAS! Everyone else does!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    THE LOOK wrote:
    If it is indeed a cultural/political thing then screw it... don't come! I would love to see a couple of shows in the South. But if you have issues with this part of the country then stay away. There sure does seem to be alot of transplants from the North dwelling here now. It must not be too bad of a place. BTW, I have been a member since the mid- nineties and have kept my membership current in hopes of seeing the guys live. I have some faith left !!! Bump for "The South"

A lot of transplants doesn't begin to describe it... they are everywhere. I myself am Canadian. It doesn't hurt that Texas has pretty much the best job market and economy in the US right now... Guess they must be doing something terribly wrong??!!??

It's funny you know, this city - Houston - has to be the biggest mish-mash of cultures of any place I've ever been... I meet people here everyday from every corner of the globe... sure just looking around my floor you can find 2 other Canadians, 1/2 a dozen people from the north east, 1/2 a dozen from Lousiana - Mississippi - Alabama, an Iranian, 2 Koreans, 2 South East Asians, 3 French, 2 Englishmen, 2 Indians, a heap a Texans.... I can keep going, but you get my point... And the entire city is like this. Does Pearl Jam really think that all of these people hold the same conservative ideals and political viewpoints as "The South" does? Give me (and the rest of us transplants) a fucking break. It must be great to make enough money that you can do whatever you want and live wherever you want. Unforunately that's not true for the majority of us, and that's no reason to punish us... I live in the 4th biggest metropolis in the US... Give us a break and come say hello before you become completely irrelevant to everyone in this corner of the globe besides those of us who treat our love of PJ like a religion.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Thinking of a move to Berlin or Saskatoon to improve my odds of a hometown show...
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • bump to the top of page 1
  • Page 2, not acceptable. Bumpity, bump, bump, bump back to page 1
  • yes, bump it back up to 1.

come back to TX, LA, and/or NM.
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    bump for the South
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    i must say i am quite impressed w/shep's persistence. having moved from so cal to houston 5 years ago, i feel the pain. for some funny reason i believe the south will get a leg next fall, something in the 7-10 date range.

the texas pj fan page on FB is growing and it will be an epic party once those concerts come to fruition, keep believing!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Thinking of a move to Berlin or Saskatoon to improve my odds of a hometown show...

If you are thinking about nowhere Canada, I would go with Calgary. But my gut tells me they will be back to Brazill before Houston so I'd move to Sao Paulo. You'll get two shows this way.

Bump.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    shep wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Hang in there. And I mean hang in there not in a patronizing way where some say be patient as you'll get shows next (because by PJ's track record this is not likely the case). What is sad is that you are basically hoping to see the last shows PJ will ever play in the South. I'm lucky living in Indiana that although I have only gotten two hometown shows, it is easier to get to Chicago and the Ohio cities (heck, even drive to Philly). I agree that it does get old visiting the Northeast to see shows, so I hope they choose some new cities to go in the US because I don't know that I want to go back to NYC or Philly. I've done that. SHows in Columbia SC are just as good, and I want to see some shows in Nashville, Dallas, Houston and Atlanta.

I just figured out that out of the 58 Pearl Jam/EV shows I've been to, the average round trip mileage per show is 720. What it must be like for the Northeast crowd who complain about taking the bus to East Rutherford from Manhattan to see a show.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Southern Tour 2012! :D
  • NEXT MUST BE THIS!!!!!!!!

MIAMI 12!!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    NEXT MUST BE THIS!!!!!!!!

Dimi, I don't know where you learned your english, but that one even made Yoda cringe . :lol:

Texas please - Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio...18 million people in a 200 mile radius... seems foolish not to tour there... at least to 99% of bands out there...
  • NEXT MUST BE THIS!!!!!!!!

8-)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • we need some signs with just a picture of the southern US for our european friends to hold up at the shows next year
    liveon4legs.com
    co-host, Live on 4 Legs Podcast
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
  • JF241710 wrote:
    we need some signs with just a picture of the southern US for our european friends to hold up at the shows next year

texas.jpg
  • shep wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Hang in there. And I mean hang in there not in a patronizing way where some say be patient as you'll get shows next (because by PJ's track record this is not likely the case). What is sad is that you are basically hoping to see the last shows PJ will ever play in the South. I'm lucky living in Indiana that although I have only gotten two hometown shows, it is easier to get to Chicago and the Ohio cities (heck, even drive to Philly). I agree that it does get old visiting the Northeast to see shows, so I hope they choose some new cities to go in the US because I don't know that I want to go back to NYC or Philly. I've done that. SHows in Columbia SC are just as good, and I want to see some shows in Nashville, Dallas, Houston and Atlanta.

I just figured out that out of the 58 Pearl Jam/EV shows I've been to, the average round trip mileage per show is 720. What it must be like for the Northeast crowd who complain about taking the bus to East Rutherford from Manhattan to see a show.

Luckily, I still have family and friends in Indiana so I can go there if needed to catch a show.

Still hoping for a trip through the south in 2012, even if I score a pair for one of the Europe shows!

Please play the south in 2012!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • SMH at the ticket sitution. :wtf:

Anywho bump back to page 1. We're going to have to bump often to keep this one page 1 until the ticket sitution is fixed.
  • SMH at the ticket sitution. :wtf:

Anywho bump back to page 1. We're going to have to bump often to keep this one page 1 until the ticket sitution is fixed.
  • bump
  • A twisted part of me wishes I knew what it felt like to be involved in one of these epic ticket fiascos...
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • tmantman Posts: 158
    Orlando 2012 Amway center is amazing for concerts, brand new arena and one of the most tech advanced!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Bump! :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    I didnt read through all 300 pages so if said already forgive.....but with the Gulf Spill and PJ's known for helping
    may get them down south, I think Houston and or New Orleans with the MAJOR airports and masses of people would be good choices if dates are limited. my two cents........... :mrgreen: