**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• I step away from the boards for about six months to break a bad habit of becoming increasingly negative about PJ/Ed's disdain for the south only to come back to....

A European tour? Specifically, the 5th European tour since a single show in Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta - combined metro area populations of over 16 million.

Awesome timing on my part. I will fight to keep my cynicism in check. ;)

Welcome back. Cynicism is in heavy supply in this thread so its ok.

Play the South!
  • I step away from the boards for about six months to break a bad habit of becoming increasingly negative about PJ/Ed's disdain for the south only to come back to....

A European tour? Specifically, the 5th European tour since a single show in Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta - combined metro area populations of over 16 million.

Play the South!

My 85 yr old Oma is in Germany.. I'm gonna try to pull this off so I can see her too!

Play the South!

'It's ok..it's ok...you know you love them anyways ;)'
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I can not believe this.Why are we the black sheep of the Pearl Jam world? It is just depressing.I just got done with have a brain tumor removed and going through Chemo therapy and Radiation Therapy. A PJ show would been like my reward.But I guess not. :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Play the South!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • stoneg wrote:
    I can not believe this.Why are we the black sheep of the Pearl Jam world? It is just depressing.I just got done with have a brain tumor removed and going through Chemo therapy and Radiation Therapy. A PJ show would been like my reward.But I guess not. :geek:

I hope all is well for you after going through your treatment.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    santa5.gifCheers!

Bump for the South!
  • Looks like I'm heading to Europe this summer instead of somewhere in the US!

Play the south...this trip is because I have a pair of free airline tickets to use before the end of the year!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South in 2012!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • pandora wrote:
    santa5.gifCheers!

Bump for the South!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    stoneg wrote:

Same here, and play the south, please
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    I step away from the boards for about six months to break a bad habit of becoming increasingly negative about PJ/Ed's disdain for the south only to come back to....

Glad to see you back Zack. You picked a rotten day, but still good to see you back.

Bump from Houston post an awesome My Morning Jacket show.... see PJ, even your supporting acts support the south... :roll:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    shep wrote:
    I step away from the boards for about six months to break a bad habit of becoming increasingly negative about PJ/Ed's disdain for the south only to come back to....

Glad to see you back Zack. You picked a rotten day, but still good to see you back.

Bump from Houston post an awesome My Morning Jacket show.... see PJ, even your supporting acts support the south... :roll:

Yup...both Band of Horses and MMJ played here this year...even Soundgarden played Dallas. Hope PJ is next!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • stoneg wrote:

+1. Hope you have good health in 2012!

And I do hope PJ plays the south so that you can go!
    Saw the snow in Memphis on TWC this morning...

gosh, so beautiful! I'm envious snow_play.gif

Please play the South!
  • I am revitalized with the UK tour news, I have a good feeling for us all ...

BUMP FOR THE SOUTH
  • Toyota Center in Houston, TX please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • AAC in Dallas or Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie please!
  • Dallas - Austin - San Antonio - Houston - New Orleans - Tampa

Would make a nice road trip :D
  • bump back to page 1
    be19e1df0602e5c93098501fcde50879.gif

IN THE SOUTH! 8-)
  • Pearl Jam needs to get it's south on!
  • Anyone else remember when they played Dallas during the World Fair and there was a giant ferris wheel behind the venue and Eddie promised to play until the lights from the fair went off....what an amazing show and even the fans in the seats way in back were into to it. We can give them a good show...if they give us the chance.
    wine-smiley-001.gif Friday Bump . . . Cheers! :mrgreen:
    saturday morning bump, pre RHCP ticket purchase bump...

See that PJ? Two of your early 90's contemporaries (RHCP and Radiohead) will pass through the south this spring... within 5 days of each other here in Houston, actually.... The Radiohead show sold out within 48 hours of tickets going up, and I'm betting it will take even less time for the Peppers....

WTF is your GD problem?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Just like Pearl Jam, the eclipse bypasses the South altogether. ;)

My lunar appeal.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Sunday morning bump.

One day soon we will wake up to the news of a tour announcement...
    AAC in Dallas or Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie please!

+1
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    shep wrote:
    saturday morning bump, pre RHCP ticket purchase bump...

See that PJ? Two of your early 90's contemporaries (RHCP and Radiohead) will pass through the south this spring... within 5 days of each other here in Houston, actually.... The Radiohead show sold out within 48 hours of tickets going up, and I'm betting it will take even less time for the Peppers....

WTF is your GD problem?

Now tell us how you really feel ;)

But yeah, I agree...Radiohead also sold out in Dallas..RHCP seems to have done well initially...only upper levels left..I'm sure it will end up selling out. If these bands can do it, I believe Pearl Jam can as well! :D
    Better Dan wrote:

Now tell us how you really feel ;)

it just pisses me off so much I can barely contain it...

Why hold the political/cultural views of some against your own fans? Aren't you first and foremost a band that makes music? Shouldn't you want to share your music with all of us that want to hear it, regardless of our beliefs? It's fucking petty shit and I would like to think that this band should be bigger than that.

I live in the 4th biggest metropolis in the US, and I can't get a fucking show? I've gotta use my vacation to see you each and every time? Not to mention spending hundreds, if not thousands on airfare and hotels? It's bullshit, and it's really starting to make me wonder why I bother.

PJ talks about being "faithful" - Why not be faithful to your fans in the south and tour it?

At least I have Radiohead, RHCP, and DKM tickets to keep me entertained.... There isn't going to be any travel $'s spent on traveling to PJ this year.... 4 years in a row is enough... I have other priorities besides traveling back to the same 10 cities in the northeast to see a fucking show.... ridiculous.