2009 Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!

Comments

• So, I havent read all the posts in the thread but I assume everyone knows Urlacher is out for the year after going under the knife for that wrist injury???? well, he is and they're starting Hillenmeyer in his place. No word on Pisa, that I've seen but this is not the way we needed the defense to finish it's first game.

And what the FUGG happened to Vasher? That guy used to be money. Now he biting on pump fakes and gettting burned on deep balls.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Beeeeaaaaarrrrsss!!!!!

Way to beat the steelers!

:D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    AWESOME game!

Wow!

Robbie Gould is the shit!

Cutler looked great too!

Awesome!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Supber Bowl, Suber Bears

great game, great finish.

Gould is money
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47 wrote:
    AWESOME game!

Wow!

Cutler looked great too!

Awesome!
    BIG win.

It shows the Bears aren't a team to fuck with.

This will be a nice confidence boost.
    mca47 wrote:
    AWESOME game!

Wow!

Cutler looked great too!

Awesome!
    BIG win.

It shows the Bears aren't a team to fuck with.

This will be a nice confidence boost.

Yeah, I was also impressed with the play of the receivers today. Some nice grabs today!
    Isn't it nice to have a QB who has the confidence and know-how to get the job done? It's really kind of strange! :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:
    AWESOME game!

Wow!

Cutler looked great too!

Awesome!

it's great having a QB who can drive 97 yards against a great D and score a TD
  • So, Alex Brown is questionable, but should play this weekend in Seattle. That's good news considering he and Wale have had two good games bringing the pressure. I guess everyone bitching about Lovie bringing in Marinelli is moot. Granted, it is only week three, and these guys could fall on their faces but I have faith in that D line

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    So, Alex Brown is questionable, but should play this weekend in Seattle. That's good news considering he and Wale have had two good games bringing the pressure. I guess everyone bitching about Lovie bringing in Marinelli is moot. Granted, it is only week three, and these guys could fall on their faces but I have faith in that D line

The D line has done more in the first two weeks than they did all last season. They've been able to generate pressure without having to bring the blitz every play. That bodes well for when they want to blitz. If the D line continues to play the way it has, i feel good about the D as a whole.

I also believe it's safe to say the Offense should continue to improve. They looked better agaist the Steelers, even tho they only put up 17.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    So, Alex Brown is questionable, but should play this weekend in Seattle. That's good news considering he and Wale have had two good games bringing the pressure. I guess everyone bitching about Lovie bringing in Marinelli is moot. Granted, it is only week three, and these guys could fall on their faces but I have faith in that D line

I dont remember everyone bitching about Lovie bringing in Marinelli. I thought the reaction in Chicago was mostly positive. I was pretty damne excited when they made that move. Obviously Marinelli was a disaster as a head coach, but he is back where he should be as a D line coach. We can see the results already
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

I dont remember everyone bitching about Lovie bringing in Marinelli. I thought the reaction in Chicago was mostly positive. I was pretty damne excited when they made that move. Obviously Marinelli was a disaster as a head coach, but he is back where he should be as a D line coach. We can see the results already

Yeah, I never heard anyone complain about that. I was a big supporter of it! I figured if he was just focused on the one thing he's known for it could only be a positive thing...and it appears to be so far.

I guess the one thing I was impressed with the most during the Steelers game is that even when the Bears would blitz their linebackers and get stuffed at the line, how well the secondary was able to cover their receivers.
    Sooo many times Big Ben had all day and all night to throw and he looked around, found nobody, and had to force something.
  • So what are our predictions for Sunday in Seattle???

I'm expecting a fairly easy victory. Seattle is pretty beat up with injuries and it's not looking like Hasselbeck will play. Seattle is a tough place to play on the road, but I will be extremely dissappointed with a loss.

Bears 24
    Seahawks 10
    So what are our predictions for Sunday in Seattle???

I'm expecting a fairly easy victory. Seattle is pretty beat up with injuries and it's not looking like Hasselbeck will play. Seattle is a tough place to play on the road, but I will be extremely dissappointed with a loss.

Bears 24
    Seahawks 10

that seems to be the consensus.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Bears 24
    Seahawks 10

Bears 31
    Seahawks 17
  • I dont remember everyone bitching about Lovie bringing in Marinelli.
    Well, trust me. All I read on the Bears' BBS was how Lovie was making a mistake, Marinelli was a joke, blah blah blah...

I don't remember anyone here saying that. As far as I remember, it was pretty positive.

• mca47 wrote:

Bears 24
    Seahawks 10

Bears 31
    Seahawks 17
    I think YOU should be in charge of the Bears Weekly Prediction game.....You up for it????

Keep track of everyones prediction on the score of the game??
    Keep track of the weekly winners???

I would do it, but I am fucking lazy....hehehehehe

Bears 35
    Seahawks 21
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I think YOU should be in charge of the Bears Weekly Prediction game.....You up for it????

Bears 35
    Seahawks 21

Nah, waaay too much responsibility! :lol:

Where the hell is eddievedder1977? He used to do it in the past seasons!
  • mca47 wrote:

Bears 35
    Seahawks 21

Nah, waaay too much responsibility! :lol:

Where the hell is eddievedder1977? He used to do it in the past seasons!
    I know...

I miss that guy....
    He was good people......
  • Chicago 28
    Seattle 14

i predict it is going to be an exciting game, far closer than the score will indicate.
    Nice shirt.
    talk about shoot yourself in the foot all day and win

that was an ugly game.

lions come to town next week, so maybe it will be better. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    81 wrote:
    that was an ugly game.

when your opponents are wearing these, there is no other word to describe the game but "ugly" ...

GreenJerseys.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    81 wrote:
    talk about shoot yourself in the foot all day and win

that was an ugly game.

lions come to town next week, so maybe it will be better. :lol:

Yeah, the Bears sure made Sennaca Wallace look like Pro-Bowl QB!
    F!!!!
    (Kinda like how the Cubs make no-named pitchers with 5.56 ERAs look like Nolan Ryan...)

I sure as shit hope the Bears O-line starts opening some holes for Forte! Wow! 3 weeks in a row the running game completely shut down.

Once that happens, the passing game should open up a bit...

Hillenmeyer is hurt now too.
    F!!

Ok, bitching over.

Hester's grab in the 4th was very nice!! Who would have though he could have hands to pull in that pass?!?! Whoa!

Oh, and the more I see Jonnie Knox, the more I like him!
  • I still cant believe Hester does not return kickoffs...

I just dont get it....

And it will never ever make sense to me................
    I still cant believe Hester does not return kickoffs...

I just dont get it....

I agree.

Apparently the "focus" of the kickoff was taking away from the catching of the ball :?

Dumb!

Hester seems like he's gotten pretty comfortable running routes, I just can't see how you can take away a huge weapon like that...

That would have been like putting Greg Maddux in the lineup as an alltime bunter. Clearly good at bunting, but the guy was a magician on the mound...as is Hester taking kickoffs!

I don't get it...
  • mca47 wrote:

I just dont get it....

I agree.

Apparently the "focus" of the kickoff was taking away from the catching of the ball :?

Dumb!

Hester seems like he's gotten pretty comfortable running routes, I just can't see how you can take away a huge weapon like that...

That would have been like putting Greg Maddux in the lineup as an alltime bunter. Clearly good at bunting, but the guy was a magician on the mound...as is Hester taking kickoffs!

I don't get it...
    What Hester did for 2 years returning kicks.....

May NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER be matched.....

And now he doesnt return kicks???
    Because we need him to be a mediocre receiver?????

Its just plain fucking nonsense...........
  • mca47 wrote:

I just dont get it....

I agree.

Dumb!

I don't get it...
    What Hester did for 2 years returning kicks.....

May NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER be matched.....

And now he doesnt return kicks???
    Because we need him to be a mediocre receiver?????

Its just plain fucking nonsense...........

I agree. i was asking myself the same question yesterday in the 4th quarter. Where the fuck is Hester? Or at the very least Danieal Manning, he's a beast at KOR as well.

O-line is worrying me too. Cutler had very little time in the pocket, and Forte had no where to run. When we need 3-4 yards, put Adrian Peterson in, the dude runs hard.

Linebackers are banged up, but I like the back-ups. Hillenmeyer is average. He does provide a lot of experience, kinda that coach on the field as he knows the defense well, but roach and Williams are more talented. It's just none of them are true middle linebackers. We need Pisa back too.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Well that wasnt pretty, but a W is a W. O-line needs to step it up big time. This guy Omiyale is not good....still wondering why Beekman lost his starting job. Why on earth is Garrett Wolfe getting any carries at all???? They gotta use Peterson if theyre giving Forte a break.

As for Hester returning kickoffs, it doesnt seem to make much sense that he isn't back there. But if youve ever heard/seen an interview with Hester, its obvious he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm liking that he's starting to resemble an actual WR. Great catch and run he made on that TD.
    When is Pisa coming back?

I haven't heard any updates...
  • mca47 wrote:
    When is Pisa coming back?

I haven't heard any updates...

I just read somewhere that he was running around the fiel in Seattle before the game yesterday, but no mention of when he'll be back. I would guess theyll hold him out against Detroit and he'll come back after the bye week. That would give him 3 more weeks from now to recover.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    BEARS 30 Lions 9