10c! could you please announce the hawaii show dates

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    yes we might! I was just talking to the better half and we are all but there!

12/16 doesnt make sense to me but a lot of these rumors have been just about spot on so who knows...
    My word Kim has it good, she was just there for Eddie shows :!:

i haven't flown over an ocean for pearl jam since 2007, did all east coast/driving in 2008...i'm long overdue...;)

well i like early december, as in first week of december....but NOT the weekend!.....best. where's THAT rumor? i want to hug that now.... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• I think one of the Aussie's overheard the promoter in Hawaii saying the 16th?
    Yes you are overdue! Me too!!!
    I think one of the Aussie's overheard the promoter in Hawaii saying the 16th?
    Yes you are overdue! Me too!!!

yes! that was it!
    there were/are so many rumors for so many shows, etc...hard to keep up. yes, a promoter.....which definitely adds a bit more creedence to it. :( bummer. well, hopefully they'll just push it up 2 weeks so the dreamers can see pearl jam in hawaii. :mrgreen: that would be so, so, soooooo awesome!

(also, would totally make up for missing out, again, on my bday show in oz. still need to hug a koala, but yea....far better to do that with mr. dream, and hawaii with the man this year)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Hm, do most ppl realize that the 10c isn't holding back on tour dates just for kicks? Maybe every last detail isn't sewn up, ever think of that? What is worse: waiting for dates to be announced or having them announce them early with the possibility of "Oops, we f-ed up, actually that show is not happening, or is on another date, etc"?

Sorry, I'm just tired of people DEMANDING that tour dates be announced, ESPECIALLY these annoying Philly 3 selfish a-holes. /rant
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    Hm, do most ppl realize that the 10c isn't holding back on tour dates just for kicks? Maybe every last detail isn't sewn up, ever think of that? What is worse: waiting for dates to be announced or having them announce them early with the possibility of "Oops, we f-ed up, actually that show is not happening, or is on another date, etc"?

Sorry, I'm just tired of people DEMANDING that tour dates be announced, ESPECIALLY these annoying Philly 3 selfish a-holes. /rant

and ya know, most of us realize that? we do see there's a 'lot' involved in setting/announcing dates....sheesh...it's a good-natured request. :? do note the "please" right within the thread title.

sorry, i'm just a little tired of people misreading, assuming some are making 'demands'...and moreso, telling others how to post. but hey, i guess i am an asshole, b/c i am a regular contributor to the philly thread too. :roll: man, it's all in good fun....wish/desire/hope for shows. /rant

this is a happy thread.....filled with hope and anticipation. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Blaisdell Arena looks wide open for early December ;)
    Blaisdell Arena looks wide open for early December ;)

you're quickly becoming my new favorite poster. ;)

ahhhhhh...as much as i desired my birthday show in oz, 1 just 10 days later in hawaii and with mr. dream......even BETTER!

i shall enjoy this dream as long as i can, and would love to see it come true! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Hm, do most ppl realize that the 10c isn't holding back on tour dates just for kicks?

hmm do you realize that 10c has absolutely no control over tour dates and when they are announced? they simply relay info from band management...this thread is simply a place to discuss the potential hawaii show...we all know this but the thread is addressed to 10c because they are the ones that read these boards

as d2d said, this is all in good fun and it's fun to speculate....happens every tour
  • nicely said norm and d2d....and maybe some of us are bored shitless at work and sick of talking to dickwads so this is an outlet and fun
    nicely said norm and d2d....and maybe some of us are bored shitless at work and sick of talking to dickwads so this is an outlet and fun

:lol::lol::lol:

which is why i have so many posts ;) :P :lol:
    nicely said norm and d2d....and maybe some of us are bored shitless at work and sick of talking to dickwads so this is an outlet and fun

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    we have a winner!

tho to be fair, if i couldn't read/post from work, i'd fit it in somehow....gotta connect with all you crazies somehow. ;) but you bet, while i am at work and nada to do.....you bet i am HERE!

and norm....YES!
    i love the speculation, the aniticipation...the excitment of possibility.....just love it. 8-)
    i think it may be my OCD-tinged nature...;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I was at the Maui shows in '98 and the Honolulu shows in '06. Since PJ doesn't like Phoenix since '03 Hawaii is on my radar.

As it happens hubby & I have a vacation planned with the in laws for Dec 5th through 13th and one of the trips we've been considering is a Hawaiian cruise so I had asked for that time off from work 3 months ago. I've been putting off laying down a deposit on anything until the PJ rumors dissipate. If Ed and the boys are going to Hawaii I'll have some 'splainin' to do to the family and I may have some finaglin' to do with my boss if the dates don't match.

c'mon fellas, pleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzeee announce.
    also since most of the people that go to hawaii shows come from the mainland it would be great to know the dates as early as possible so we can make travel plans
    norm wrote:
    also since most of the people that go to hawaii shows come from the mainland it would be great to know the dates as early as possible so we can make travel plans

i already checked the flights for the dates i can do....and preliminary glimpses into hotel rates..... :oops: hahahaha. i just wanna know, will the dream be crushed for this year...or can i be giddy with excitement for pearl jam in hawaii....and all of us too! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• tho to be fair, if i couldn't read/post from work, i'd fit it in somehow....gotta connect with all you crazies somehow. ;) but you bet, while i am at work and nada to do.....you bet i am HERE!

and norm....YES!
    i love the speculation, the aniticipation...the excitment of possibility.....just love it. 8-)
    i think it may be my OCD-tinged nature...;)[/quote]

I dont post alot but I read all this everyday (and night) just in case there is news i need to relay to my crazy better half.
    Also the majority of you have way more PJ knowledge than me and are way more crazy but these rumor/speculation threads are the next best thing to a tweet so tweet bird damn you!!! Please :D
  • see, I cant even use the quotes correctly :(
    I dont post alot but I read all this everyday (and night) just in case there is news i need to relay to my crazy better half.
    Also the majority of you have way more PJ knowledge than me and are way more crazy but these rumor/speculation threads are the next best thing to a tweet so tweet bird damn you!!! Please :D

you are a wonderful and loving husband!
    my husband is awesome as you well know :D....but yes, i cannot imagine him reading/watching the forums for me! :lol:

you rock freddy!
    8-)

that said, norm and i were chatting....and we both agree now, everyone should start wishing for hawaii show(s) around december 2nd. tis 10 days after my birthday (and my ill-fated desire to see pj in sydney on my bd) and it's 8 days before norm's...so seems quite the happy compromise, split the difference between the two and you have....december 2nd! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

and sure, pearl jam should certainly feel free to have a show the night before or after....whatever works.... :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Also the majority of you have way more PJ knowledge than me

until i started at this place i thought i knew quite a bit...boy was i wrong...it still happens occasionally...someone will ask a question and someone will have an answer that i didn't know...this place actually help reignite my love for the band...that and seeing them live for the first time

speaking of live...WHERE'S THAT DATE?!?! ;):D
  • With Aussieland 80% out for us we want Hawaii bad...I just googled Hawaii and PJ...NOTHING
    There is a show at Blaisdell on the 5th but i cant tell if thats the Arena or somewhere at the Center.
    I believe The Eddie always starts on the 1st so the 2nd is a lock 8-)

Norm, will you be at Seattle 1? If so we'll have a beer and at San Diego
    D2D, and its an early Xmas present!

going to la and san diego shows :D
    With Aussieland 80% out for us we want Hawaii bad...I just googled Hawaii and PJ...NOTHING
    There is a show at Blaisdell on the 5th but i cant tell if thats the Arena or somewhere at the Center.

i already thought of that....;)
    early christmas present? it would be THE christmas present! :mrgreen:

and man, i DO appreciate your research, good job...hope you are RIGHT! 8-)8-)8-)

next assignment, do research great hotels and rates. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• With Aussieland 80% out for us we want Hawaii bad...I just googled Hawaii and PJ...NOTHING

and man, i DO appreciate your research, good job...hope you are RIGHT! 8-)8-)8-)

no worries d2d, researching is fun.
    FYI, priceline.com 'name your price' is THE BEST way to get the best rates. I'm going to be in NYC in Sep... so beer time?
    I have been naming my price for weeks...$80 a night for a 4 star...got it yesterday so i checked the hotels website and the cheapest room they have is $397 a night, i got 3 nights for less than $300!

Norm, I think Kim already sent you a PM for a beer in SD?
    With Aussieland 80% out for us we want Hawaii bad...I just googled Hawaii and PJ...NOTHING

no worries d2d, researching is fun.
    FYI, priceline.com 'name your price' is THE BEST way to get the best rates. I'm going to be in NYC in Sep... so beer time?
    I have been naming my price for weeks...$80 a night for a 4 star...got it yesterday so i checked the hotels website and the cheapest room they have is $397 a night, i got 3 nights for less than $300!

Norm, I think Kim already sent you a PM for a beer in SD?

fantastico!

well you go ahead and find me a great hotel with that rate....and your wife will just have to allow me to kiss ya, once. ;) hubby wouldn't mind...especially for a great hotel in hawaii for such a song! :D

NYC in spetember? awesome! beer (or wine/hard alcohol in my case) definitely in order! do let me know. :)
    i'll warn ya tho, before 09.15 i may be a very grouchy bitch, perhaps even after....tis all my work busy season, and thus why no shows before 10.15 for me! but i should do my best to make a drink happen, and you bet...try and not be too cranky....:P

i too have used priceline a few times with great success, but tips from others who have scored well is always good too!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

this place actually help reignite my love for the band

totally agree with that!
    so hawaii....december 2nd......be there! 8-)
    pearl jam please. ;)
    please make it happen!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    lol... that's awesome, d2d!

your hubby finally posts here. :mrgreen:

nice to "meet" you, freddy...your wife rocks!

my hubby made his "first" thread post today.... actually he wrote on a paper and our daughter scanned it, sent to me....and he watched me how to make a post by typing out what he said on the paper.

Nobody said anything... but he's fine with that though. *shrugs* He was singing some songs in respond to that today!

anyhoo.... i'm drooling here... I would love to go to hawaii.... dammit.

first it's australia... and now hawaii... oh dammit, I'm used to being broke, but news like this reallllly sucks!

i hope they will announce for you all too... good luck!!!

(lol, norm...that's a shocker - you really didn't know much in beginning? reallllly??? :shock: I am always learning something new everyday...I still know shit!)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • G'day IamMine, nice to meet you also...and yes my wife does rock!
    IamMine wrote:
    (lol, norm...that's a shocker - you really didn't know much in beginning? reallllly??? :shock: I am always learning something new everyday...I still know shit!)

oh i knew/know alot...it's the minutia that gets discussed that i didn't know ;) :P :D
    so how 'bout that date? :D
  • Friday arvo tweet? Aloha :P