Options

Hidden Findings discovered in Backspacer Cover (Updated)

Comments

• Options
    I have solved the Red Dress mystery!
    reddress2.jpg

Haha!
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    broloco wrote:
    ^^^^ thanks for the tip

3796201721_d4ec73f72e_m.jpg

so when i first saw the backspacer art i jokingly said to my friend " why does the black guy on the album have to be a pimp? racists bastards!"

now my friend had to throw it in my face with.." why does a black man on a tricycle in a teal leasure suit have to be a pimp? you racist bastard!"
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    robbie wrote:

so when i first saw the backspacer art i jokingly said to my friend " why does the black guy on the album have to be a pimp? racists bastards!"

now my friend had to throw it in my face with.." why does a black man on a tricycle in a teal leasure suit have to be a pimp? you racist bastard!"

:lol::lol::lol:

It's so funny....but sadistic.

Wow...I'm amazed that as much diverse friends I have...I am still stereotyping just by looking at this picture and quickly determined he was a pimp.

Unbelievable...shame one me!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    wow, that's creepy. The black and white photo shows no blood or anything. her face has no sign of pain or blood...anything. eerie serenity. I like the phrase "death's violence and composure".

it bothers me how she could have killed the driver. he just happened to be in the drug store. this is part of suicide being a selfish act. she thought she was taking only her life, but could have taken the driver or some others out as well. and she totaled the car--poor guy--who's gonna pay for that shit?! :p--just kidding of course. but seriously, I feel bad for the lady's depression taking her that far. its a shame. I just hate how those other lives get overlooked in the process of it all.

like with 911. they said there were people who were jumping out of the buildings so they wouldn't be burned alive. what about the people they could have landed on escaping the building or those trying to rescue others? now, granted, I can't possibly imagine myself in that situation unless I was actually in it--but I still think I wouldn't have jumped. I honestly think that I would have thought about the other people I might kill by landing on them. anyone else feel me on this one?
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,814
    consider that the title of this piece is called "Dreams and Memories".

Dreams are composed by a bunch of random objects and memories that are randomly stored in the brain and then released once you go unconscious, your mind then reinterprets all of those seemingly random objects and gives them new meaning of its own creation.

Because of that, I feel like the source of these drawings are irrelevent to the picture's underlying meaning and Tom is serving as his own "dream creator" by taking a bunch of random found objects around his home and drawing them into his work collage-style to come up with a dream style landscape based on the album's music.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    Updated with the Johnny Guitar find:

backspacer1.jpg
  • Options
    Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    I wonder if Tom Tomorrow was given a copy of the record and just went with the images in his head that came about when listening to the songs. Like a stream of consciousness thing.
    This came to mind when looking at the picture of the human body and the pit and the pendulum in the picture. It reminds me of "The End". I know that some of you heard this at Ed's solo show.
    The pic of the human body could convey how fragile we are.
    Here is a paragraph about the pit and the pendulum that reminded me of this from Wiki:

"The narrator of the story is deemed guilty for an unnamed crime and put into a completely dark room. He passes out while trying to determine the size of the room. When he wakes up, he realizes there is a large, deep pit in the middle of the room. He loses consciousness again and awakens strapped on his back, unable to move more than his head. He soon realizes there is a large blade-like pendulum hanging above him, slowly getting closer to cutting through his chest. He finds a way to escape but the burning iron walls of his prison start to move and close in on him, pushing him closer and closer to falling into the pit."

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    Wow, thanks for the info. I was totally drawn to this Image and made it my 10c picture the night of the treasure hunt. The real photo is hauntingly beautiful and traggic at the same time.
  • Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    nice find with the "johnny guitar" pimp.

Here is my contribution to this thread. I didn't know how to embed it, but it's in this link.

http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/get/18574
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    Soulfire42 wrote:
    Updated with the Johnny Guitar find:

backspacer1.jpg

Thanks for this amazing thread, you guys are very clever. Can't wait to see what is uncovered tomorrow!
  • Options
    Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    Added in the nuke (thanks for finding it!). It required just a little bit of elongation and I could probably make it line up better if it weren't so late and I was wanting to get to bed. Otherwise, it looks like another great match. :)

I'm thinking that the UFOs are probably from Earth vs. The Flying Saucers, but haven't done any real digging yet.

backspacer1.jpg
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Does anyone think the songs themselves might provide clues? The pimp came from an album by Johnny Guitar Watson, and "Johnny Guitar" is track 4 on the album... the cover ends with a picture of a suicide, which could correspond with "The End" ("my dear/I'm here/but not much longer"). I'm probably overreaching on this one - the rest of the titles don't fit that well, and I've only heard the lyrics to three of their songs so I don't know how well they fit... I just think that given the way this "find the photo" game is going that it may be more than a coincidence that they pick an odd name like "Johnny Guitar" (sounds more like a 'Chris Gaines' track than a Pearl Jam one) for a song name, and then one of the images turns up on an album cover by Johnny Guitar Watson.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    This was pretty weird... :o

Today I saw this topic for the first time.
    Pretty cool guys, what you came up with...
    Loved the composition of backspacer with all the theories in it.

Anyway...
    I was just watching some tv and stayed tuned on the Family Man for some reason.
    Never watch it really.

As I was watching the show one picture came by which reminded me of the 7th picture on backspacer.

That guy of Family Man (what's his name) was having a dream and this was one of the fragments he was dreaming of:

gilligans-island-wizard-of-oz.jpg

I don't know if it has a connection, probably not, but I thought it was pretty bizar :P
  • Options
    ..Damn.. that train is killing me.. looks so familiar but can't find a match.. the creepy kid in the underwater scene looks so damn familiar too!! I do believe I may lose my job because of this treasure hunt.. Haven't been quite as productive since seeing the Beautiful Suicide pic in the OP..

Nice work people.. this is a lot of fun..
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    love this thread!

i was going to suggest huggy bear but then noticed it was found out who the pimp on the bike really was!

the red dress girl is bothering me..... i gots no clue.
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    This was pretty weird... :o

Today I saw this topic for the first time.
    Pretty cool guys, what you came up with...
    Loved the composition of backspacer with all the theories in it.

Anyway...
    I was just watching some tv and stayed tuned on the Family Man for some reason.
    Never watch it really.

As I was watching the show one picture came by which reminded me of the 7th picture on backspacer.

That guy of Family Man (what's his name) was having a dream and this was one of the fragments he was dreaming of:

gilligans-island-wizard-of-oz.jpg

I don't know if it has a connection, probably not, but I thought it was pretty bizar :P

Family Man huh? I guess you don't watch much.....
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    Awesome thread!!!
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    ..Damn.. that train is killing me.. looks so familiar but can't find a match.. the creepy kid in the underwater scene looks so damn familiar too!! I do believe I may lose my job because of this treasure hunt.. Haven't been quite as productive since seeing the Beautiful Suicide pic in the OP..

The train reminds me of the train in the Back to the Future movie part 3. Reference to Backspacer?
  • Options
    Family Man huh? I guess you don't watch much.....

Lol...that's what I said...
    ok...so it's Family Guy...

Yeah you're right family man is something like a movie or so...
    always get confused :p
  • Options
    JKestleJKestle Posts: 64
    :idea: I thought this to be interesting....but the search continues :(

The black front of a locomotive burst out from that hell of flame.

New Zealand Government Railways Department
    Part of: The Railways Magazine, The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 9, Issue 10 (January 1, 1935)

Gov09_10Rail024a.jpg
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited August 2009
    the red dress girl is bothering me..... i gots no clue.
    Halle Berry in Swordfish maybe? Not finding the pose but short red dress, killer heels, skin a bit darker..... Though she's maybe not of the right 'era'.

[url=hhttp://www.willchase.com/uploaded_images/halle_berry_john_travolta_hugh_jackman_swordfish_001-735786.jpg]hhttp://www.willchase.com/uploaded_imag ... 735786.jpg[/url]
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    any luck with the red dress????

whoever finally figures this out with be a legend here..... ha ha!
  • Options
    Wrong shoes though...

04uhura.jpg

And the theme would be:

Woman people jerked off to in the 60's
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Glad I'm not the only one! Finding this train has radically consumed my days. There are so many pics I've found that look like exact duplicates at first glance. A couple of them are only eliminated by a few degrees difference in the camera angle. I guess the winning picture would have billowing fumes where Tom Tomorrow has substituted for flames. I sure hope you or someone else finds it soon because an insanity factor is beginning to creep its way in. But the fun, harmless kind of insanity so it's okay. Oh well, I should just be satisfied I found the Empire State Building lady and the astronaut. But I know after I submit this message I will continue my search. Godspeed.
  • Options

Glad I'm not the only one! Finding this train has radically consumed my days. There are so many pics I've found that look like exact duplicates at first glance. A couple of them are only eliminated by a few degrees difference in the camera angle. I guess the winning picture would have billowing fumes where Tom Tomorrow has substituted for flames. I sure hope you or someone else finds it soon because an insanity factor is beginning to creep its way in. But the fun, harmless kind of insanity so it's okay. Oh well, I should just be satisfied I found the Empire State Building lady and the astronaut. But I know after I submit this message I will continue my search. Godspeed.

I wrote it before, but isn't it the train of Back to the Future part 3? At least that is what it reminds me of. ;) It doesn't state anywhere that the drawnings are based on solid pictures; but on memories and dreams.Anywayz, just my two cents...
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    I wrote it before, but isn't it the train of Back to the Future part 3? At least that is what it reminds me of. ;) It doesn't state anywhere that the drawnings are based on solid pictures; but on memories and dreams.Anywayz, just my two cents...

so the train is on fire in that movie?? never seen it, and I really don't feel like netflixing it. :lol:
  • Options
    broloco wrote:

so the train is on fire in that movie?? never seen it, and I really don't feel like netflixing it. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It has been ages ago I've seen the movie. I think there was some fire involved.

I was just thinking "BACK to the Future" - BACKspacer. (as in returning the future.) On the other hand, my insomnia may get the best of me and I'm talking steam...
  • Options
    broloco wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It has been ages ago I've seen the movie. I think there was some fire involved.

I was just thinking "BACK to the Future" - BACKspacer. (as in returning the future.) On the other hand, my insomnia may get the best of me and I'm talking steam...

If this was the train you're thinking of, I don't think it is the right model. I mean, just look at that exhaust pipe; it's too fat ;)
    BackToTheFuture3.jpg