Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:
    yeah they'll be big but nzers are going to be nutting out so much that it'll feel like we're at a town meeting or something and everytime they mention "nz" everyone will feel so special.

they'd better not make any nasty comments about wellington... :evil: most international acts try to do that... i hope they have more class...

Are you guys sick of anything and everything related to Lord of the Rings yet?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:
    Ha I cant even respond to your smart arse quotes coz of the stupid three quote thing.... I have some hair thats scruffy and some places no hair.

Now please talk about me elsewhere would you....or not at all :!:

Yes so the NZ venues are all big. There will be no intimacy at any of these gigs.

Im calling the lads will no longer do small venues....which would suck :cry:

:!: Ohhh...he's getting serious now! Out comes the :!:

Okay, I'll stop now....ruin my fun, why don't you! :x

The only person you'll be getting intimate with at these gigs is the person you're squashed up next to in the Pit!

I really need to get to the States to see them at some smaller venues next year. These venues are really going to lack that spark, imo.

don't underestimate how long we kiwis have been waiting.. i remember clearly... vedder at the welli gig in 98 said "we'll see you... soon, i guess.."

WE BELIEVED HIM. granted he did come over for 7 world collide, but even that was over 8 years ago
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    so adeliade is going to be the best show is it? if thats the case then I will have a few at the melbourne show, and stay sober for the adeliade show!

as for seeing people drunk, dont you have the rule what happens on tour stays on tour!

of course - especially when they have to carry you back to the hotel room .... and you cant remember what the bar you drank at the night before even looks like ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    yeah they'll be big but nzers are going to be nutting out so much that it'll feel like we're at a town meeting or something and everytime they mention "nz" everyone will feel so special.

they'd better not make any nasty comments about wellington... :evil: most international acts try to do that... i hope they have more class...

on that topic peter jackson is a hack! and should not have been able destroyed what was an amazing book

thou shall not pass, is the call at the munters who try and push pass
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    yea I reckon the NZ shows are going to be something pretty special no matter what the size - when PJ take the stage after an eleven year absence I'm sure it's gonna mean something to them and us!! And I was thinking Chch was the last gig of an epic tour, but then remembered our friends in Hawai'i should definitely be seeing them after us.

And incidentally christchurch also has fixer/backspacer GA, the fixer already sold out
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

...........not really. the whole thing was pretty exciting for us... especially here in welli with all the stars being here and the street parties at the premieres. it was pretty choice. i still love lotr... i still squeal in delight when i see mt doom.

but i am a bit of a loser, so...
    doompony wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I really need to get to the States to see them at some smaller venues next year. These venues are really going to lack that spark, imo.

don't underestimate how long we kiwis have been waiting.. i remember clearly... vedder at the welli gig in 98 said "we'll see you... soon, i guess.."

WE BELIEVED HIM. granted he did come over for 7 world collide, but even that was over 8 years ago

i think nz will be full of atmosphere - and im pretty sure some extra special sets will be offered up because of that big wait
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    doompony wrote:

They obviously had a lot of exposure over there the upcoming tour??

Is there any areas skiable in late Nov? Any heli stuff?? Id assume not but you never know if that freezing south island
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    PLUS you bloody aussies got them .. in 2003? and 2006? wtf was up with that? it's a 3 hour plane trip!!! plus they mocked us in brissy - my bastard aussie friends in attendance thought that was hilarious and delighted in telling me.
    topaz wrote:

And incidentally christchurch also has fixer/backspacer GA, the fixer already sold out

Ahhh good stuff! I'm really looking forward to Auck and Chch! I'm glad they split the field for you guys!
    zenith wrote:
    so adeliade is going to be the best show is it? if thats the case then I will have a few at the melbourne show, and stay sober for the adeliade show!

as for seeing people drunk, dont you have the rule what happens on tour stays on tour!

of course - especially when they have to carry you back to the hotel room .... and you cant remember what the bar you drank at the night before even looks like ;)

i had one night, not sure what happend was at home drinking decided to go get pizza, next thing i know i am in the hospital! not proud of that one. or their was this other night i was drinking with a couple of mates, i remember the first couple of hours then i wake up on a bench at a train station
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    doompony wrote:
    PLUS you bloody aussies got them .. in 2003? and 2006? wtf was up with that? it's a 3 hour plane trip!!! plus they mocked us in brissy - my bastard aussie friends in attendance thought that was hilarious and delighted in telling me.

I agree....it's bullshit!

Are you annoyed there are a lot of Aussies going to NZ for this tour?
    zenith wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

i think nz will be full of atmosphere - and im pretty sure some extra special sets will be offered up because of that big wait

i hope so - usually nz shows by big bands feel like they're going through the motions and they don't really know where they are.
    doompony wrote:

...........not really. the whole thing was pretty exciting for us... especially here in welli with all the stars being here and the street parties at the premieres. it was pretty choice. i still love lotr... i still squeal in delight when i see mt doom.

but i am a bit of a loser, so...

I love LOTR and Peter Jackson! I've promised my bf I won't do any touristy stuff relating to LOTR without him so we can do it all next year when we go back to NZ together. He's a MASSIVE Peter Jackson fan.

I'm really looking forward to The Lovely Bones too.
    zenith wrote:

i had one night, not sure what happend was at home drinking decided to go get pizza, next thing i know i am in the hospital! not proud of that one. or their was this other night i was drinking with a couple of mates, i remember the first couple of hours then i wake up on a bench at a train station

i had one amazing nye where i got lost trying to shortcut home thru our local golf course :lol:
    btw I like your avatar, doompony!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

I agree....it's bullshit!

Are you annoyed there are a lot of Aussies going to NZ for this tour?

not at all. if i wasnt' so scared of flying i could have jumped the ditch i guess. but i'm a big fan of australians. my ex lives in townsville actually.
    relating to LOTR - at the ROTK premiere street party i was looking down at my camera after seeing all the stars walking past... well, i only got to see orlando, viggo and sean astin... looked up and neil fucking finn was right there. i shrieked. i was WAY more excited about seeing him.. hehe
    doompony wrote:

not at all. if i wasnt' so scared of flying i could have jumped the ditch i guess. but i'm a big fan of australians. my ex lives in townsville actually.

Oh really? What's his/her name? I might know him/her!
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I love LOTR and Peter Jackson! I've promised my bf I won't do any touristy stuff relating to LOTR without him so we can do it all next year when we go back to NZ together. He's a MASSIVE Peter Jackson fan.

I'm really looking forward to The Lovely Bones too.

i know this is way off topic, but lord of the rings was destroyed by peter jackson. the first one was good, the other two were awful. I can not watch either 2 or 3 without falling asleep, how can someone ruin an awesome moment such as the battle at helms deep! perhaps if i get a chance today i will start a thread as to why it sucks so much.
    New York - May 02 - 2016