Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    hey team, In the rush for tix last week I've ended up with two extra Silvers for Melbourne which I'd like to get rid of (at face value of course). PM me if you are interested.
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    this brisbane show is sounding like the one to be at .... damn it
    impatience is a gift ........
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    zenith wrote:

i dreamt i was at a fleetwood mac concert and they were all walking around on stilts .... and a little 'my little pony' (remember them??) wanted to get a spot near the fence, so i let them in :?

and no, i didnt drink tooooo much before i went to bed ......

and edit - there was a pit member and a comfy lounge in mine too

i think stu let me sleep on some old brown one back at his house after the show ... i think it was his house, he had his dad walking round in it too, and his dad had glasses .... and it was so comfy i expected to get to sleep on it the next night too ... something like that ....

i think its really weird to dream about people on here ....

I loved My Little Ponies when I was little! The ponies wanted to watch Fleetwood Mac nice and close! lol Weird. ha ha

Dreams about Pit members are strange. I've had dreams about DonJon a few times now. The first dream of him is still to this day THE sexiest dream I've ever had. Poor DonJon! :lol: I've also had a dream I was swimming topless at the beach with Illegal Pants. :? I think that's it. Oh no, I've had dreams about a few of my American PJ friends too.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I reckon the NZ ones could be the highlight....due to lack of action over the years.

Ive also got a good vibe re Adelaide from what Ive read re last tour. And of course Stella is there 8-)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

i dreamt i was at a fleetwood mac concert and they were all walking around on stilts .... and a little 'my little pony' (remember them??) wanted to get a spot near the fence, so i let them in :?

and no, i didnt drink tooooo much before i went to bed ......

and edit - there was a pit member and a comfy lounge in mine too

i think stu let me sleep on some old brown one back at his house after the show ... i think it was his house, he had his dad walking round in it too, and his dad had glasses .... and it was so comfy i expected to get to sleep on it the next night too ... something like that ....

i think its really weird to dream about people on here ....

I loved My Little Ponies when I was little! The ponies wanted to watch Fleetwood Mac nice and close! lol Weird. ha ha

Dreams about Pit members are strange. I've had dreams about DonJon a few times now. The first dream of him is still to this day THE sexiest dream I've ever had. Poor DonJon! :lol: I've also had a dream I was swimming topless at the beach with Illegal Pants. :? I think that's it. Oh no, I've had dreams about a few of my American PJ friends too.

so hows it going to be the first time you do meet him irl??? and share a room??? :lol: i always build up a picture in my head, then i meet them, and they look nothing like it! so i have a donjon image in there now .... we'll see if he matches it.
    you & rob i already know what to expect tho :roll:
    DonJon wrote:
    I reckon the NZ ones could be the highlight....due to lack of action over the years.

Ive also got a good vibe re Adelaide from what Ive read re last tour. And of course Stella is there 8-)

worldsrival is telling me I MUST do Adelaide because of the great vibe last tour.....I thought you did Adelaide last time?

NZ will be awesome! 8-) The Christchurch GA area isn't split though I don't think.....or Adelaide. Is that right?
    edited August 2009
    zenith wrote:

so hows it going to be the first time you do meet him irl??? and share a room??? :lol: i always build up a picture in my head, then i meet them, and they look nothing like it! so i have a donjon image in there now .... we'll see if he matches it.

:shock: Share a room? Arrrrgggh!!! :?

:lol: Nah, it will be all good! 8-) If I start screaming out "DonJon DonJon" in my sleep THEN get worried! ;)

Why do you know what to expect with me and Rob? You've never met me!
    but christchurch is a small venue, no?? and its the last show. and liam will be extra happy. and there is apparently another finn over there at the moment being busy boy ....

its like xmas :D
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

:shock: Share a room? Arrrrgggh!!! :?

:lol: Nah, it will be all good! 8-) If I start screaming out "DonJon DonJon" in my sleep THEN get worried! ;)

Why do you know what to expect with me and Rob? You've never met me!

but i know what you look like, so the voice has a picture to go along with it ...

actually, i picture donjon in army fatigues and a helmet .... with messy brown hair tho :lol:
    zenith wrote:
    but christchurch is a small venue, no?? and its the last show. and liam will be extra happy. and there is apparently another finn over there at the moment being busy boy ....

Ohhhh I can't wait! :D I didn't realise Christchurch was smaller....how big? I have no idea about the Auckland and Christchurch venues. I could look it up but I'm lazy. Any NZers around right now?
    Set your expectations high Zenith....Im everything you'd want plus more :oops:

Yeah Zig stop farkin telling me that Joel wants you to go to Adel....just do it ok
    zenith wrote:

but i know what you look like, so the voice has a picture to go along with it ...

actually, i picture donjon in army fatigues and a helmet .... with messy brown hair tho :lol:

I picture DonJon with messy brown hair too! :lol: Very messy! ;)

** Meanwhile DonJon's thinking "what the fuck have I got myself into?" :mrgreen:
    zenith wrote:

I dont know if you can class any of the venues small can ya?

Maybe compared to Syd and Melb but they are still 30K of so arent they
    DonJon wrote:

Yeah Zig stop farkin telling me that Joel wants you to go to Adel....just do it ok

I know I should....but I then need to add Melb and Syd on if I do Adel......and I really don't know at this stage if I can do ALL those shows as well as NZ. I'll know within a few weeks what I'm doing. Alright, punk?! :x
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    Jade Stadium (or AMI or whatever it's called now) is a sports arena.. so it's probably fairly similar in size to Mt Smart... in that it's big enough for a rugby field/cricket ground.............................Mt Smart is big enough for a league field and BDO.
    DonJon wrote:
    zenith wrote:

I dont know if you can class any of the venues small can ya?

Maybe compared to Syd and Melb but they are still 30K of so arent they

yea still big, but i am comparing them to sydney and melbourne. so small

go brush your hair
    doompony wrote:
    Jade Stadium (or AMI or whatever it's called now) is a sports arena.. so it's probably fairly similar in size to Mt Smart... in that it's big enough for a rugby field/cricket ground.............................Mt Smart is big enough for a league field and BDO.

Thanks! Any idea how many people?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

I picture DonJon with messy brown hair too! :lol: Very messy! ;)

** Meanwhile DonJon's thinking "what the fuck have I got myself into?" :mrgreen:

:lol: he's prob half bald
    zenith wrote:

:lol: he's prob half bald

Are you DonJon? :? He's probably fully grey and bald on the top! :D
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    get a copy of liam's album "I'll Be Lightning". Honestly you won't be disappointed. It's fucking ace. That said though, I also love KOL... well, LOVED them til I saw them live again recently and realised their fans are by and large... cunty morons... so.. dunno what says about me...
    That's alway the way it goes. I'm sure their fans weren't always morons, but once they hit mainstream popularity, there's a fair proportion of munters in attendance at gigs. I'm expecting a number in NOvember too, I hope it wo't reflect badly on PJ fans in general ;)

well, i will be there so abandon all hope! :lol:

as for beared goodness, i think i go too far

I've never met a Pearl Jam fan that I didn't like. I'm hoping the true munters in attendance at these shows will be such fuckwits that they forgot to get in early so they won't be near us in the Fixer :)

The KOL live experience kinda ruined them for me. I really like the newest album, but seeing them in a big arena that would normally make me appreciate a band just made me... disinterested. They played the same venue that PJ played in when they were here in 98 and the crowd were real fans, not just people who were like "omg i fucking love that.. song... .. .. wishlist" or whatever the single was at the time.
    zenith wrote:

go brush your hair

:lol::lol: That just made me laugh really loudly in my office. Poor DonJon! You might have me for up to two weeks if I do Adel etc, DonJon. Think you can handle it!?! :mrgreen:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Thanks! Any idea how many people?

41,500 in Chch according to Wikipedia.

I'm not sure what the distinction between Mt Smart and Ericsson Stadium is... perhaps Ericcson is the name of the whole complex or an old name? When PJ were there in 95 they played the Mt Smart Supertop which is the shitty boiler room tent for BDO - sits behind the grandstand.

According to Wikipedia it's capacity for concerts is 47,000
    Heard the snippet on See My Friends??

My first responses.....
    Fixer....hmmm yeah not bad
    Got Some....this is more like it
    Supersonic.....yeap thats even more like it
    The End....this could be epic.
    See My Friends......hmmmm is the production crap or just this version
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

go brush your hair

:lol::lol: That just made me laugh really loudly in my office. Poor DonJon! You might have me for up to two weeks if I do Adel etc, DonJon. Think you can handle it!?! :mrgreen:

he hasnt seen me pissed yet ....

rob has, bless him. perhaps he can offer some counselling :lol:
    Ha I cant even respond to your smart arse quotes coz of the stupid three quote thing.... I have some hair thats scruffy and some places no hair.

Now please talk about me elsewhere would you....or not at all :!:

Yes so the NZ venues are all big. There will be no intimacy at any of these gigs.

Im calling the lads will no longer do small venues....which would suck :cry:
    zenith wrote:

he hasnt seen me pissed yet ....

rob has, bless him. perhaps he can offer some counselling :lol:

:D Ahhhh I love it!!!

Jim wants to have a Jager competition with me! :? The first and only time I had Jager was on my 28th birthday at Eskimo Joe -- had 5 shots in about half an hour, few beers, got to the venue, have photos of me watching and dancing to Eskimo Joe but CANNOT even remember what they look like or that they were even on stage. Woke up and thought "that was the BEST night I've had in ages".......then proceeded to spew my guts up.

So bring it on, Jim! ;) Nah, I'm not having 5 in a row like that. Fuck that. I'll space them out more this time!
    yeah they'll be big but nzers are going to be nutting out so much that it'll feel like we're at a town meeting or something and everytime they mention "nz" everyone will feel so special.

they'd better not make any nasty comments about wellington... :evil: most international acts try to do that... i hope they have more class...
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    so adeliade is going to be the best show is it? if thats the case then I will have a few at the melbourne show, and stay sober for the adeliade show!

as for seeing people drunk, dont you have the rule what happens on tour stays on tour!
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016