Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i wholeheartedly support that. it's amazing how nice it is when you're in a stabbifying work environment, burying your face in a sparkley purple mane......squeezing his hoof to make it squeak.

then they decided they didn't want stuff on our desks so they put him in a cupboard and someone else rescued him and put an army helmet on him and put him right back on the desk. heh. my hero.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    doompony wrote:
    have you seen the obama nude with unicorn paintings? i nearly died of over-delight.

no .... :?

am i reading that the way its written????
    impatience is a gift ........
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    doompony wrote:

:shock:

..... well .......

its a weird thing, an imagination, isnt it .....

(says the girl who watched stevie nicks strut around on 20mtr stilts in a fog machine cloud, and shared fence space with a white my little pony last night in her dreams .... :lol: )
    impatience is a gift ........
  • doompony wrote:

Some of them are a bit out there!! One of them looks like Hugh Laurie, the Dr from House, is in it!! I relaise it isn't actually supposed to be him, but geez it looks like him!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
    i think it is hugh laurie.. he has a stethoscope...
  • Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    DonJon wrote:
    Damn these ticket sales are outstanding

Anyone see this advertised for Sat arvo
    http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/cgi-bin/TV ... mVEEWPafR7

I reckon they couldve sold out a few other smaller venues without doubt now

must remember to watch tv, should hopefully be awesome!

Imagine in cornice.. how many times have I watched you now.......
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • This will be my first time to see my #1 band live, can't wait.
    What shall I expect?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    they'd better not make any nasty comments about wellington... :evil: most international acts try to do that... i hope they have more class...
    It's all in good humour. I'm fully expecting anti-auckland comments in Chch, I'll be booing along with everyone else ;)
  • This will be my first time to see my #1 band live, can't wait.
    What shall I expect?
    just them on stage doing thier thing. but they do it in a way my wife decribes as it feels like your the only one there
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    they best recognize that not all of us kiwis in aucks will be aucklanders... i remember one band did that at big day out.. i think it was powderfinger... ya know, fucking great to be here in auckland - better here than in wellington..

and the crowd cheers.. and i'm like... no.. noo... BOOOOOO!!! BOOOOO!!!! screw you bernard fanning!!!
  • doompony wrote:

at 7 worlds collide, leigh and our mates from wollongong and my mates from wellington were in a bar hanging out before nipping over to be in the crowd of a betchadupa video.. and i met a girl called kate who was freakishly enough,, the very same kate.

Yeah, real small world. They sound like good people:)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    they best recognize that not all of us kiwis in aucks will be aucklanders... i remember one band did that at big day out.. i think it was powderfinger... ya know, fucking great to be here in auckland - better here than in wellington..

and the crowd cheers.. and i'm like... no.. noo... BOOOOOO!!! BOOOOO!!!! screw you bernard fanning!!!
    Isn't it just one of those things bands say? You know like "Auckland, you're the loudest/best place we've played ever"! They know that most people are Aucklanders and we all hate the rest of the country, so they make a joke of it? They don't do the same when they're in Welly?
  • PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    Hi I'm going to adelaide and missed out on 10C tix, I'm travelling from sweden and I wanna make sure I have tickets at all. Should I try ticketek, or would anyone have two spares? Any ideas? Cheers
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
    ebbedfred wrote:
    doompony wrote:

at 7 worlds collide, leigh and our mates from wollongong and my mates from wellington were in a bar hanging out before nipping over to be in the crowd of a betchadupa video.. and i met a girl called kate who was freakishly enough,, the very same kate.

Yeah, real small world. They sound like good people:)

nah they were mainly doucheba...

oh... oh hey...how are you?
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Isn't it just one of those things bands say? You know like "Auckland, you're the loudest/best place we've played ever"! They know that most people are Aucklanders and we all hate the rest of the country, so they make a joke of it? They don't do the same when they're in Welly?

wellingtonians don't hate our fellow countrymen! - we'll just boo and hiss at auckland.
  • No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    Don't know if this is in another topic, but here is a review from MAX Channel of Backspacer...If possible, I'm even more impatient for the 18th to come around.

Pearl Jam - Backspacer
    Thu 20 August 2009

Recently, a lot of bands have tried, in vain, to return to the sound they had many winters ago (when they were as hungry for success as they were for dinner), in a desperate attempt to regain long-lost fans and become relevant again. In some sad cases, these bands have attempted to tout every upcoming album as a return to their roots… Or, even worse, they have recycled the title of their most known work and added a very, very, VERY pathetic “Pt. II” to it – even if it doesn’t sound at all like the original!

Not Pearl Jam, fortunately – if what you want is to listen to Ten, go and get the 2009 deluxe re-issue; there’s no need for the band to try and replicate it. Backspacer is the work of a band comfortable with where they are at. A straightforward rock album that is as simple as it is inspired. Long gone are the grandeur pretensions of 1996’s No Code or the experimental urges of 2002’s Riot Act. It seems like, with Backspacer, Pearl Jam had one, and only one goal in mind: to write good songs. And, alas, that’s exactly what they did!

The album is not only filler-free, but also one of the band’s most cohesive outputs – both in style and delivery. Concert-ready rockers like “Johnny Guitar”, “Supersonic”, “Gonna See My Friend”, “Got Some” and the addictive first single, “The Fixer”, showcase Pearl Jam at the top of their game – the always-functional rhythm section of drummer Matt Cameron and bassist Jeff Ament; the concise and enthused riff interchanges of guitarists Stone Gossard and Mike McCready; and Eddie Vedder’s vibrant vocal lines. Pearl Jam stay away from the fallacies of studio overproduction and greatly benefit from the imperfections of a live and organic sound.

Backspacer has its fair share of ballads, but never loses momentum. It also helps that “Just Breathe”, “Unthought Known” and “The End” are some of Vedder’s most heartfelt tunes. Backspacer evidences a band that no longer needs to shoot for the stars. They’ve been to the moon and back many times. And, right now, they’re precisely where they need to be!

Hernán Alcérreca
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Dr ChronoDr Chrono Posts: 129
    All these reviews I'm reading are making me want backspacer RIGHT NOW damn it!
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    that review makes me want it more, damm i need a time travel device!
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016