Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

I never said it was better than the Queen/Bowie original. Their rendition is untouchable. This version is pretty awesome though :)

Sorry....I thought you were saying it was better than the original....which why I was saying noooo... :D

But that version was pretty good! :)

If I ever say that the BH version is better than the Queen/Bowie original, I will fly up to Townsville and give you permission to beat the living daylights out of me :lol:
    This tour is gonna be a blast! Gonna be so much fun to hang out with everyone :)
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Oz Jammer wrote:

If I ever say that the BH version is better than the Queen/Bowie original, I will fly up to Townsville and give you permission to beat the living daylights out of me :lol:
    This tour is gonna be a blast! Gonna be so much fun to hang out with everyone :)

Fuck yeah! I can't wait! 8-)

Can I still beat the living daylights out of you just for the sake of it? Come onnn....it'll be fun! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Fuck yeah! I can't wait! 8-)

Can I still beat the living daylights out of you just for the sake of it? Come onnn....it'll be fun! :D

Not a fan of pain, so no :)
  • AM248877AM248877 Posts: 12
    Someone was saying that the floor plan may be similar to ACDC...

http://www.showbiz.com.au/Tickets/ticketing.aspx?en=ACDC
  • meshellmeshell Posts: 52
    so if we have our tickets and i have already booked accom and some flights.... why did i wake up @ 4.30 this morning and an hour and 1/2 later still staring at the clock.... got up and jumped on the forum to see if any other poor fucker still cant sleep ;) ........
  • Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    meshell wrote:
    so if we have our tickets and i have already booked accom and some flights.... why did i wake up @ 4.30 this morning and an hour and 1/2 later still staring at the clock.... got up and jumped on the forum to see if any other poor fucker still cant sleep ;) ........

Can't Sleep.. Too excited.... Thankyou rage for hottest 100 of all time to keep me company.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • AM248877 wrote:

I was fortunate enough to be in South America when Pearl Jam toured in 2005 and saw them four times. Those shows were general entry. The floor plan was similar to the AC/DC layout with a strip down the middle (though not a raised stage) which Eddie ran down once a show.

10C members were given early entry and had their own spot on the left side. Security directed everyone else away from that spot. This was done up until the warmup, Mudhoney, took the stage. From then on, it was a free for all, with crowd surfers going over the front railing every minute or so, and many people being pulled out of the crush. At Buenos Aires 2, I went from about six rows deep, to the front railing within 3 songs, and not from pushing (any movements were completely involuntary), just from people in front asking security to pull them out.

This year's going to be four shows again. I have spares to Sydney and Brisbane if anyone's looking.
  • CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    Hmmmmm so i should bring my Stackhat helmet then? I didnt think "moshing" was still alive. i dont mind A BIT OF PUSH AND SHOVE, but not Chuck Taylors hitting me in the face every 30 seconds!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Carlislebj wrote:
    I didnt think "moshing" was still alive.

How about moshing during the encore break? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2E3uZ-Qe4M
  • Det Mackey wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:

How about moshing during the encore break? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2E3uZ-Qe4M

OMG I'm going to die! I will die at a Pearl Jam concert, it will be painful to die from being trampled to death, but hopefully I'll go out listening to Eddie Vedder, and not to my own screams!!!

That settles it, Ziggy I want in on the Ziggy's Army protection, I will buy you beer, or whatever else takes your fancy!!!!!!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
  • Dr ChronoDr Chrono Posts: 129
    Det Mackey wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:

OMG I'm going to die! I will die at a Pearl Jam concert, it will be painful to die from being trampled to death, but hopefully I'll go out listening to Eddie Vedder, and not to my own screams!!!

That settles it, Ziggy I want in on the Ziggy's Army protection, I will buy you beer, or whatever else takes your fancy!!!!!!

How does one sign up for Ziggy's army protection, I'm going to need some I'm not that tall or built at all :(
    Det Mackey wrote:
    AM248877 wrote:

I was fortunate enough to be in South America when Pearl Jam toured in 2005 and saw them four times. Those shows were general entry. The floor plan was similar to the AC/DC layout with a strip down the middle (though not a raised stage) which Eddie ran down once a show.

10C members were given early entry and had their own spot on the left side. Security directed everyone else away from that spot. This was done up until the warmup, Mudhoney, took the stage. From then on, it was a free for all, with crowd surfers going over the front railing every minute or so, and many people being pulled out of the crush. At Buenos Aires 2, I went from about six rows deep, to the front railing within 3 songs, and not from pushing (any movements were completely involuntary), just from people in front asking security to pull them out.

This year's going to be four shows again. I have spares to Sydney and Brisbane if anyone's looking.

Oh you're fucking kidding me? Noooo!! It better not be like that here..... :x
    edited August 2009

Hmmmm.....this could be a lucrative little business for myself and my army! :D

I really really hope we don't have too many tossers wanting to relive their 90s grunge mosh pit days. :roll: I can handle pushing and shit....but I don't want to be concentrating on whether I'm about to get a boot to the head -- I want to be concentrating on the band.
    Post edited by ZiggyStar on
  • Det Mackey wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:

as a potential enforcer for ziggy's army in Brisbane those beers better be comming my way :P
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    as a potential enforcer for ziggy's army in Brisbane those beers better be comming my way :P

Have you started your training regime yet? Come on....sit ups, push ups, practice elbowing people in the head, weight training and a 5km run -- morning and afternoon! :mrgreen: You'll all be looking like this by tour time! :D

300_spartan_capes.jpg

• OMG I'm going to die! I will die at a Pearl Jam concert, it will be painful to die from being trampled to death, but hopefully I'll go out listening to Eddie Vedder, and not to my own screams!!!

As long as you keep me alive and relatively unscathed the beer will flow! :D
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
  • If you boys are looking like that by tour time, then the NO SHIRTS ALLOWED policy should be enforced!!!!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    So 10c tickets to all Australian and New Zealand shows are still available. Thought they'd be all gone by now. :?
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• ZiggyStar wrote:

Have you started your training regime yet? Come on....sit ups, push ups, practice elbowing people in the head, weight training and a 5km run -- morning and afternoon! :mrgreen: You'll all be looking like this by tour time! :D

well I played golf this morning and had 2 "energy" bourbons
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery

well I played golf this morning and had 2 "energy" bourbons

Hopefully not with Coke.....too sugary.....just stick with straight alcohol from now on, please. And I'm very impressed with your form -- having 2 bourbons before 10.30am....keep up the good work!
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:
    you guys getting a room or what? ;);););)

:lol: There's a chance we may on this tour.
    can i join in

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    Pappas wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:
    you guys getting a room or what? ;);););)

:lol: There's a chance we may on this tour.
    can i join in

Sure thing! The more the merrier! 8-)
  • NoKNoK Posts: 824
    A while back I was speaking to a friend and he found out I was a rabid Pearl Jam fan so he tells me back in 06 he was working as a bouncer for a "certain" club and during the night some guys start streaming in with a few others surrounding them and then he realised one of them was Eddie Vedder. So here he is watching Pearl Jam walking through the doors. Lucky Fucker. Then he tells me "yah I think it was after one of their Sydney shows".. I was so pissed off hahaha I WAS AT THAT FUCKING SHOW!
    NoK wrote:
    A while back I was speaking to a friend and he found out I was a rabid Pearl Jam fan so he tells me back in 06 he was working as a bouncer for a "certain" club and during the night some guys start streaming in with a few others surrounding them and then he realised one of them was Eddie Vedder. So here he is watching Pearl Jam walking through the doors. Lucky Fucker. Then he tells me "yah I think it was after one of their Sydney shows".. I was so pissed off hahaha I WAS AT THAT FUCKING SHOW!

Hey I wonder if that was the time where Ed met up with Bono at a club in Darling Harbour and Ed was telling him how the crowds at the second Sydney concert sucked. :lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    NoK wrote:

Hey I wonder if that was the time where Ed met up with Bono at a club in Darling Harbour and Ed was telling him how the crowds at the second Sydney concert sucked. :lol:

Hahaha luckily for me I wasn't at the 2nd show I was only at the 1st and 3rd. It was actually after the 1st Sydney show that he saw them stroll in. Bono wasn't there though my friend would of mentioned him.

Edit: Plus they weren't in Darling Harbour. Close but not there.
    NoK wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    NoK wrote:

Hahaha luckily for me I wasn't at the 2nd show I was only at the 1st and 3rd. It was actually after the 1st Sydney show that he saw them stroll in. Bono wasn't there though my friend would of mentioned him.

Edit: Plus they weren't in Darling Harbour. Close but not there.

I went to the 1st and 3rd Sydney shows too. Can't believe Ed went clubbing in Sydney. :)

• Det Mackey wrote:
    Carlislebj wrote:

Thats MAAAD! Goosebumps! I dont think it will be like that here.....but I dont think ill show this to my gf.
    E.K wrote:

I went to the 1st and 3rd Sydney shows too. Can't believe Ed went clubbing in Sydney. :)

They had a VIP table in the back of the place for band and friends. I wonder what Ed would have done if he found out that the place he went to puts in place a system of racial profiling at their doors.
  • Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    The 2006 Boots I have will be getting a workout between now and November :)
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    dcafe wrote:
    A little more info....

Ben harper set times are listed on their web site:

11/14/2009 - 4:30pm Perth, WA Australia - Members Equity Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/17/2009 - 4:30pm North Adelaide, SA Australia - Adelaide Oval w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/20/2009 - 4:30pm Docklands (Melbourne), VIC Australia - Etihad Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/22/2009 - 4:30pm Moore Park, NSW Australia - Sydney Football Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/25/2009 - 4:30pm Nathan (Brisbane), QLD Australia - QSAC Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/27/2009 - 4:30pm Penrose (Auckland), New Zealand - Mt. Smart Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/29/2009 - 4:30pm Phillipstown (Christchurch), New Zealand - AMI Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info

Pearl Jam on stage 6:30 - 7:30???

Now THAT is interesting!!!

One would assume Liam and EJ first then Ben!?!?!? So Liam and EJ at 3.30.

Fuck thats early...Ill still be sucking down schooners at that time
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
This discussion has been closed.