Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    A little more info....

Ben harper set times are listed on their web site:

11/14/2009 - 4:30pm Perth, WA Australia - Members Equity Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/17/2009 - 4:30pm North Adelaide, SA Australia - Adelaide Oval w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/20/2009 - 4:30pm Docklands (Melbourne), VIC Australia - Etihad Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/22/2009 - 4:30pm Moore Park, NSW Australia - Sydney Football Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/25/2009 - 4:30pm Nathan (Brisbane), QLD Australia - QSAC Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/27/2009 - 4:30pm Penrose (Auckland), New Zealand - Mt. Smart Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info Ticket Link
    11/29/2009 - 4:30pm Phillipstown (Christchurch), New Zealand - AMI Stadium w/ Pearl Jam | More Info

Pearl Jam on stage 6:30 - 7:30???
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    4.30??? that's obscenely early! wonder when mah boy Liam and the lovely Eliza Jane go on stage then.
  • Dr ChronoDr Chrono Posts: 129
    430 ey... Gotta duck out early from work then...
    take the day off work. sit in a car for 9 hours. live the dream.
  • ToastieToastie Posts: 42
    Its either he starts at 4.30 which means pearl jam wanna come on when the sun is out (kinda hope not cause concerts a way better in the dark) or thats when the gates open. Im assuming its the gate open option. Or it could just be a random number they put in?
    Toastie wrote:
    Its either he starts at 4.30 which means pearl jam wanna come on when the sun is out (kinda hope not cause concerts a way better in the dark) or thats when the gates open. Im assuming its the gate open option. Or it could just be a random number they put in?

Could be a random number.... The thing is the stadiums are big open air and noisy. Usually events are done by 10-11ish.

Pearl Jam usually do around a 2hour set. So I would guess on stage at 8pmish.

Dammit Release details!

Oh well.. Tix have been purchased this morning. Received order confirmation 8:02:24 am....

Just hope Sydney from Concert III 2006 shows up.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I cant imagine them coming on earlier than 8 at night. Seems Ben Harper will be on first, then a break, then Liam Finn, a break then the ones we're all coming for for 2 hours at least (hopefully longer since they're only playing one show per city).
    can we please have a time slot for a pre-gig eddie set and a massive orgy of goodness at the end with all the acts? perhaps even ed coming on during liam's set to do the high pitched vocals in i'll be lightning? or lending his skills to the screaming-loops?

giddy!
    edited August 2009
    Would expect seating arrangements for Sydney to appear at this link at some point in time.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/V ... FS&s=17436

Brisvegas:
    http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/V ... FS&s=17436

AdelaideOval:
    http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/V ... DO&s=17436
    Post edited by Dan C on
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I hope Ben Harper doesn't fuck Indifference every time it is played.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • meshellmeshell Posts: 52
    meshell wrote:
    I love magic trix too. I love 10Club, I loooooove Pearl Jam, and I love the Bailey's on ice I am drinking celebration!!!!

can i add a little butterscotch schnappes to you bailey's....

tell you what, I'll split the bottle with you and you can add butterscotch schnapps to your half. I got horrible ill on cocksucking cowboys one night at uni and haven't touched the stuff since. Even the smell of butterscotch schnapps turns my stomach!!!!! :mrgreen:

hahahhaha, oops, my bad shouldn't laugh.... you may take back the offer :D ....... your on.... thanks
  • [quote="meshell

tell you what, I'll split the bottle with you and you can add butterscotch schnapps to your half. I got horrible ill on cocksucking cowboys one night at uni and haven't touched the stuff since. Even the smell of butterscotch schnapps turns my stomach!!!!! :mrgreen:[/quote]

hahahhaha, oops, my bad shouldn't laugh.... you may take back the offer :D ....... your on.... thanks[/quote]

That's okay, it was ten years ago now (OMG I sound OLD!!!), I can look back and laugh, but that smell, eewww that smell!!! Enjoy your half, cheers!!!! ;)
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
  • meshellmeshell Posts: 52
    [quote="meshell

tell you what, I'll split the bottle with you and you can add butterscotch schnapps to your half. I got horrible ill on cocksucking cowboys one night at uni and haven't touched the stuff since. Even the smell of butterscotch schnapps turns my stomach!!!!! :mrgreen:

hahahhaha, oops, my bad shouldn't laugh.... you may take back the offer :D ....... your on.... thanks[/quote]

That's okay, it was ten years ago now (OMG I sound OLD!!!), I can look back and laugh, but that smell, eewww that smell!!! Enjoy your half, cheers!!!! ;)[/quote]

haha think i'm still older than you..... but bottoms up taa much :)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    so,all my friends u score?all good all in?,,i hope yes.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Sounds like an excellent show. Hope you all enjoy. Would love to see Liam and Eliza again - my son is totally into them and has been listening to some of the older betchadupa stuff. I have been wanting to hit OZ/NZ for a show for many years now - maybe next time. Dimitri, you mean you aren't going and are so close :lol: - well at least a bit closer than I am.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I hope Ben Harper doesn't come anywhere near that stage while Pearl Jam are playing. Although I WILL allow:

Liam Finn - TYAAM or any Split Enz/Crowded House cover
    EJ - Golden State (please, please, please!!)

Ed can come on during Liam and EJ's set and play drums on Old Man, and Ed can also come on stage during Ben's set and perform Under Pressure

Rob has spoken :lol:
    so,all my friends u score?all good all in?,,i hope yes.. :D

Yes thank you! :D
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I hope Ben Harper doesn't come anywhere near that stage while Pearl Jam are playing. Although I WILL allow:

Ed can come on during Liam and EJ's set and play drums on Old Man, and Ed can also come on stage during Ben's set and perform Under Pressure

I've seen Bowie do Under Pressure.....you can't go back.....please Ben....leave Under Pressure alone! I am really really looking forward to the songs off White Lies For Dark Times! Good shit! Except Skin Thin....skip that song everytime.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I've seen Bowie do Under Pressure.....you can't go back.....please Ben....leave Under Pressure alone! I am really really looking forward to the songs off White Lies For Dark Times! Good shit! Except Skin Thin....skip that song everytime.

It's one of his setlist staples. He does that song MAJOR justice. He also does a brilliant cover of Led Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times"
    I love "Skin Thin" :oops:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

It's one of his setlist staples. He does that song MAJOR justice. He also does a brilliant cover of Led Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times"

WTF? Major justice? Noooo....

Skin Thin is gay! lol That's the crappest song on the whole album. What's your favourite?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

WTF? Major justice? Noooo....

Skin Thin is gay! lol That's the crappest song on the whole album. What's your favourite?

Yep. MAJOR justice :)
    Favourite is "Keep It Together (So I Can Fall Apart)". That song kicks butt!
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Are you saying major justice compared to Bowie?

Yeah....great song! Also a fan of Shimmer and Shine and Lay There and Hate Me. The whole album is great....bar Skin Thin! :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Are you saying major justice compared to Bowie?

Yeah....great song! Also a fan of Shimmer and Shine and Lay There and Hate Me. The whole album is great....bar Skin Thin! :lol:

Major justice compared to Queen/Bowie. Check out some YouTube clips. That song blew me away when I saw him play it at his 2 shows at Bluesfest.
    I'm quite surprised you like "Faithfully Remain" seeing as you don't like his Innocent Criminals stuff.
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Major justice compared to Queen/Bowie. Check out some YouTube clips. That song blew me away when I saw him play it at his 2 shows at Bluesfest.
    I'm quite surprised you like "Faithfully Remain" seeing as you don't like his Innocent Criminals stuff.

LMAO! That song was just on two seconds ago...and I thought "nah, this song is definitely Zzzzzz material!" :lol:

I've seen BH do Under Pressure twice on youtube and I wasn't impressed at all. I'll check out Bluesfest though....I don't think that was one of the ones I watched. For me, I highly doubt it will be better than Bowie or Queen. But I am biased! :D
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

LMAO! That song was just on two seconds ago...and I thought "nah, this song is definitely Zzzzzz material!" :lol:

I've seen BH do Under Pressure twice on youtube and I wasn't impressed at all. I'll check out Bluesfest though....I don't think that was one of the ones I watched. For me, I highly doubt it will be better than Bowie or Queen. But I am biased! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IkR9RgGV9k
    This is magic!

EDIT: I remember some tool standing next to me at Bluesfest thought that when Under Pressure started playing that Ben was going to rip into a cover version of Ice Ice Baby :roll:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

This is magic!

EDIT: I remember some tool standing next to me at Bluesfest thought that when Under Pressure started playing that Ben was going to rip into a cover version of Ice Ice Baby :roll:

That vid was way better than the other versions.....I would enjoy that if it was played. One of the versions I saw sucked so badly....his voice was like screeching cats.

Saying it's better than Queen or Bowie is a bit much for me though! :D

ha ha ha Ice Ice Baby! :mrgreen:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

This is magic!

That vid was way better than the other versions.....I would enjoy that if it was played. One of the versions I saw sucked so badly....his voice was like screeching cats.

Saying it's better than Queen or Bowie is a bit much for me though! :D

ha ha ha Ice Ice Baby! :mrgreen:

I never said it was better than the Queen/Bowie original. Their rendition is untouchable. This version is pretty awesome though :)
  • CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    you guys getting a room or what? ;);););)
    Oz Jammer wrote:

I never said it was better than the Queen/Bowie original. Their rendition is untouchable. This version is pretty awesome though :)

Sorry....I thought you were saying it was better than the original....which why I was saying noooo... :D

But that version was pretty good! :)
    Carlislebj wrote:
    you guys getting a room or what? ;);););)

:lol: There's a chance we may on this tour.
This discussion has been closed.