Options

My Solution For TenClub

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    it was a muc larger tour but i remember for the '03 tour they sent a postcard type thing with all the show dates and you could mail in your payment as long as they had it in their possession by a certain date
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    No, I just think people don't realize all the issues and details that have to go into running such a fanclub. People expect too much and are never satisfied. With the way some speak of the 10C, if they're unsatisfied, then don't continue your membership. Otherwise, speak your 2 cents in a polite, decent manner and see what happens, but realize there's much more too things than simplistic answers that people say or complain. Sad part is, no-one can name a better bands fan club that does as much as the 10C - it's the best going, yet people are still dissattisfied, which goes to show you, you can't please everyone.
    FiveB247x wrote:
    People love to complain when they don't get what they want or think they have a better idea, yet don't take into account everyone has a 2cents to add. As a whole, the 10C does everything possible and a good job at doing the most for everyone as possible. You pay $20 a yr, get news, updates, a record and pre-sale options. It's not a democracy, it's a business and opinions are probably welcomed by them cause they're nice, but people get spoiled, self-interested and greedy. All in all, we should just be happy the band cares enough to have a well run fan club that offers us the opportunities we receive.

To me these posts are like saying, "He's our President so we should support and agree with every decision he makes"

If there's any customer service related business that doesn't want healthy criticism from it's clients and employees, then it's a failing business.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    FiveB247x wrote:
    People love to complain when they don't get what they want or think they have a better idea, yet don't take into account everyone has a 2cents to add. As a whole, the 10C does everything possible and a good job at doing the most for everyone as possible. You pay $20 a yr, get news, updates, a record and pre-sale options. It's not a democracy, it's a business and opinions are probably welcomed by them cause they're nice, but people get spoiled, self-interested and greedy. All in all, we should just be happy the band cares enough to have a well run fan club that offers us the opportunities we receive.

To me these posts are like saying, "He's our President so we should support and agree with every decision he makes"

If there's any customer service related business that doesn't want healthy criticism from it's clients and employees, then it's a failing business.
    yea good point.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,760
    FiveB247x wrote:
    No, I just think people don't realize all the issues and details that have to go into running such a fanclub. People expect too much and are never satisfied. With the way some speak of the 10C, if they're unsatisfied, then don't continue your membership. Otherwise, speak your 2 cents in a polite, decent manner and see what happens, but realize there's much more too things than simplistic answers that people say or complain. Sad part is, no-one can name a better bands fan club that does as much as the 10C - it's the best going, yet people are still dissattisfied, which goes to show you, you can't please everyone.

There are issues and details that outsiders are unaware of in running a fan club, but the Ten Club should be able to discern which criticisms are helpful and which are not quite easily. So, an outsider shouldn't be telling other outsiders that their opinions are unhelpful.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Lizardjam wrote:
    strummers wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I'd almost like to add a location restriction. It really cuts down on the ability for locals to see a show when some fan members follow the band around the country. They have high numbers usually and I see the SAME people in the front row. Over and over. It's frustrating.

I agree. I posted again with that....one show per tour. I would want anyone that can't see them locally to travel...but not the ones that do nothing but travel and consequently locals get shut out.

I could not disagree with these statements anymore. I've worked very hard in my life and I'm fortunate enough to have the time and means to go see Pearl Jam anytime, anywhere. But because I don't live in a certain geographical location I should not have the CHANCE to get tickets with the membership I'm been paying for for 17 years?

I do agree that the system has it's flaws, most do. But to restrict tickets to a geographical location is more unfair than the current system. However I would like to see rows 1-10 allocated by seniority to the "locals" for any given show and rows 11 and higher by seniority to the "travelers". Just my $.02

You never actually read what i wrote did you? I said one show per tour. That would take care of the location problem for locals and those that don't get to see them locally.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    I didn't say opinions were unhelpful, I specifically said speak your 2 cents in a polite decent manner and see what happens but realize there's much more too things than simplistic answers people give, say or complain about. Fact is, no one gives a crap or says diddly until it effects them or they feel they missed out, then it's like the end of the world.
    FiveB247x wrote:

There are issues and details that outsiders are unaware of in running a fan club, but the Ten Club should be able to discern which criticisms are helpful and which are not quite easily. So, an outsider shouldn't be telling other outsiders that their opinions are unhelpful.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    SolarWorld wrote:

Bottom line, there are only so many tickets. Way more demand. Just the way it is. I feel the ten club has done everything that can within reason to improve the situation.

This is the key!

The postcards can not come back, when we did postcards 10C didnt have the restrictions TM put on them after the last time we sent in postcards on 2003.

I was shut out for the Ed solo show, and went through some scary refreshing for the Chicago tkts but got them at the end, one day I will not get them and I will have to go through TM, but that's the way it goes, imo
    exactly,,and u know what?..last year i try to score from my pc from Grecce 10c tickets to msg 1,2,,and i couldnt,,and i go to TM and i score there,but i didnt like my tickets seat,then i go to ebay and pay 3 time the price up to find better seats,,it depence what u want or what can u do..in the end if u want to go to find your tickets for a pj concert u will find the way,,and some people want to go around usa or the world to see the band,u just cant stop give them the right to do it,,in the end in europe shows there are people that sleep outside the stadium the day before the concert for be first in lines the next day,,yes some people love the band and they willing to try harder for the others,,and they have to take what they deserve,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ManUnitedManUnited Jersey Shore Posts: 160
    Sorry if it has been posted but did not notice. DMB fan club set up their sale in a good way. They have a sign up for a show(s) for a certain period of time (a week or so). You sign on, pick your show(s) and input your C.C info. After the presale ends and before the public on sale you find out if you got them.

Better then spending over a hour and getting nothing. At least with this system if you get nothing you only spent five minutes at the most.
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    ManUnited wrote:
    Sorry if it has been posted but did not notice. DMB fan club set up their sale in a good way. They have a sign up for a show(s) for a certain period of time (a week or so). You sign on, pick your show(s) and input your C.C info. After the presale ends and before the public on sale you find out if you got them.

Better then spending over a hour and getting nothing. At least with this system if you get nothing you only spent five minutes at the most.

DMB also plays like 50- 60 shows or more all over the US. Not as much travel, not as much demand for 1 show. Everyone is crying about a small limited high demand tour. A full US tour for PJ would not have these problems.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dwhiskeyddwhiskeyd Posts: 25
    SImple solution: Go back to General Admission/standing room only. Problem solved.

30-40yr olds don't mosh anymore, or rush the stage. And if they do, they end up on sick leave from work for throwing out their backs.
  • Options
    ManUnitedManUnited Jersey Shore Posts: 160
    a Big or a small tour it works.
    ManUnited wrote:

DMB also plays like 50- 60 shows or more all over the US. Not as much travel, not as much demand for 1 show. Everyone is crying about a small limited high demand tour. A full US tour for PJ would not have these problems.
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    dwhiskeyd wrote:
    SImple solution: Go back to General Admission/standing room only. Problem solved.

30-40yr olds don't mosh anymore, or rush the stage. And if they do, they end up on sick leave from work for throwing out their backs.
    :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ManUnited wrote:

Exactly, that was a point I was getting at too earlier in this thread. Thats why I don think anything really needs to be done except when they play a really high demand market, and that happens to be the only show in one area of the country, just limit 1 per show then. But there is no need to limit per show most of the time.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    I think 10C should be limited to 1 show per tour, and have it in a lottery system like phish does...you win..awesome, you don't, try next time or other methods.

and people need to remember IT'S ONLY A CONCERT. Ya, it's your favorite band, etc..., but it's still only a concert. It's not life or death, it's pure enjoyment
  • Options
    I think 10C should be limited to 1 show per tour, and have it in a lottery system like phish does...you win..awesome, you don't, try next time or other methods.

and people need to remember IT'S ONLY A CONCERT. Ya, it's your favorite band, etc..., but it's still only a concert. It's not life or death, it's pure enjoyment

One show per tour, no lottery.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Cosmo wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:
    So you wouldn't like it if 10c had as many tickets as needed for each show? No one getting shut out? And maybe 4-8000 10c members at shows like philly?
    I think we all want that... but, i also want there to be peace in the Middle East and our troops to come home and come to the shows with us an have a beer with me... but, it ain't gonna happen.
    And i'd definately be all over it if i was assured that the fan in seat number 7,999 isn't going to be bitching about the fan in seat number 3 not 'Rocking out hard enough'.

yeah, exactly.
    not saying i wouldn't *want* it, but its not very logical and w/ ticketmaster its not very plausible.
    my brother is planning to go to seattle with his friend - neither of them huge fans - but they want to see pearl jam live cos they heard about my experiences... why shouldn't they have a chance to go?

and ps... if you're fanclub number is above 350xxx... chances are, you will have a shot at better seats with ticketmaster than you would have with an entire 10c show sorted to seniority........

cosmo, i quoted him because he was the thread starter to the locked thread, he got his answer why there wouldn't be a show, and was rude to everyone who opposed his idea.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    J.J. Posts: 39
    also after succeeding in purchasing tickets, leave the forum for some hours, instead of posting threads about your success.

Halle-fuckin-lujah! lol This shit kills me! If I see one more " got em" or "got philly 2" thread I think my head will explode. Great for you, but don't continue to clutter up the website when the thing is crashing because it's WAY overloaded. Have some courtesy and get off for a while. Everyone logged in adds to traffic whether your buying tix or not..please.

Maybe there should be an day of online sale etiquette/rules sticky made so things can maybe a little smoother for everyone?
  • Options
    JS65581 wrote:
    also after succeeding in purchasing tickets, leave the forum for some hours, instead of posting threads about your success.

Halle-fuckin-lujah! lol This shit kills me! If I see one more " got em" or "got philly 2" thread I think my head will explode. Great for you, but don't continue to clutter up the website when the thing is crashing because it's WAY overloaded. Have some courtesy and get off for a while. Everyone logged in adds to traffic whether your buying tix or not..please.

Maybe there should be an day of online sale etiquette/rules sticky made so things can maybe a little smoother for everyone?
    Extly, I couldt agree more with this.

• Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    While I understand everyone's frustrations, and can, to a certain extent see everyone's point--there is no perfect system. I've been shut out of tickets before. The options at that point are pouting and staying home, or sucking it up and getting Ticketmaster tickets. I've traveled for shows just to sit near the roof because it's worth it. I've been in this club for years, and in 2000 and 03 I got TC and ticketmaster seats, and enjoyed the shows all the same. Trust me, you won't feel screwed if you're actually at the show, sitting up top!

I know this seems like life or death to some of you, but it's a concert! Some of us have fought horrible diseases(cancer in my case), or have kids and a family. Look at the bright side--they are still a band, touring every year now, still putting out quality music, etc. Life could be so much worse than not getting TC ticket. Also--please, as someone else mentioned, don't bash the TC people. They do the best they can, and are always nothing but nice if you bother them with a question.
  • Options
    Laf9124 wrote:
    While I understand everyone's frustrations, and can, to a certain extent see everyone's point--there is no perfect system. I've been shut out of tickets before. The options at that point are pouting and staying home, or sucking it up and getting Ticketmaster tickets. I've traveled for shows just to sit near the roof because it's worth it. I've been in this club for years, and in 2000 and 03 I got TC and ticketmaster seats, and enjoyed the shows all the same. Trust me, you won't feel screwed if you're actually at the show, sitting up top!

I know this seems like life or death to some of you, but it's a concert! Some of us have fought horrible diseases(cancer in my case), or have kids and a family. Look at the bright side--they are still a band, touring every year now, still putting out quality music, etc. Life could be so much worse than not getting TC ticket. Also--please, as someone else mentioned, don't bash the TC people. They do the best they can, and are always nothing but nice if you bother them with a question.

I have never understood this reasoning. There is always something worse but, why can't we discuss our frustrations here without it having to be life or death? It doesn't mean it's the end of our lives but we can be frustrated and want to vent, and talk to others about it....why is that so horrible? Why does it have to be so dramatic to be worthwhile to post about? It's just a frustration that people are trying to find a solution to, whether implemented or not. It's just posting....no one's going out and protesting, killing themselves over, or really bothering anyone else with that's not reading this....

• Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    go back to postcards

Dude, I am so with you on this!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    Postcards? How about cave paintings.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    edited July 2009
    it would be interesting if they toured small venues again...........ticket prices would be high, people would get great seats, and more than likely you would only go to one or two shows.

see many shows, spend $1000 dollars, and possible bad seats.

or

see 1 or 2 shows, spend $1000 dollars, and have possible good seats.

regardless..........you will spend the same amount of money.
    Post edited by ajedigecko on
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Laf9124 wrote:

I have never understood this reasoning. There is always something worse but, why can't we discuss our frustrations here without it having to be life or death? It doesn't mean it's the end of our lives but we can be frustrated and want to vent, and talk to others about it....why is that so horrible? Why does it have to be so dramatic to be worthwhile to post about? It's just a frustration that people are trying to find a solution to, whether implemented or not. It's just posting....no one's going out and protesting, killing themselves over, or really bothering anyone else with that's not reading this....

It's more about those who take cheap shots at the TC. It's thanks to them that we even fight over the great floor seats. Many, many bands don't allow their fans this luxury, and I tend to look at it as a blessing than a curse even if I miss out on the TC seats.
  • Options
    J.J. Posts: 39
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Laf9124 wrote:

I mean really! This is a discussion board first and formost...is it not?
  • Options
    Laf9124 wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Laf9124 wrote:

It's more about those who take cheap shots at the TC. It's thanks to them that we even fight over the great floor seats. Many, many bands don't allow their fans this luxury, and I tend to look at it as a blessing than a curse even if I miss out on the TC seats.

I have always loved the seats I've gotten. No complaints here on that note!

• Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    I just find it unfair that some members got tickets to both shows and some got none at all. It should have been one show limit.
  • Options
    LL240399LL240399 Posts: 1
    I agree with the OP...
    This was my first time trying to buy 10c tickets for PJ since I became a member 3-4 years ago. I live in southern California, and these (LA, San Diego) were the first local shows offered in years. So I was thrilled to have a chance to finally USE the "tickets" option of my membership for the first time...what a disappointment it turned out to be. I am not asking for miracles...I know it's a "crap-shoot"...but I don't want to go through "Ticketdisaster" to see my fave band...that's WHY i joined 10c! If PJ dislikes Ticketdisaster so much, maybe they could cut them out all together...offer tickets online and through the box office only. I'll drive to the Gibson (LA) Box Office (2 hours away) before I'll try this method again. (IF they have a Box Office...do those still exist? haha) ;)