Options

My Solution For TenClub

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I’ve been on both sides of this issue, missing out on shows and fortunately being able to get tickets to many more and thus feel for those that missed out. And the added pain of having a show next door that you can’t get tickets…yes that must really suck. What I can’t agree with is some that think somehow PJ and those that work hard at 10C somehow having any ill will in their decision of how they do things. I’m sure they would love to accommodate all their great fans….its just not possible. Can see PJ’s agents negotiating for as many seats for their fans as possible. So if you have suggestions on things could be better, please offer, as some suggestions are implemented like the lottery for front rows (great idea) but please please don’t question the integrity of these fine folks.
    Peace
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    scw156 wrote:
    I hope they get new servers, that way the 10 c tickets, all 1000 pairs or less, sell out in less than a minute, and then everyone can cry about how they can't believe they sold out that fast. :shock:

Really, no one system will work, and no one system is completely fair. They do what they think is best.

Exactly. :D

I'd rather have a fast server where tickets sell out in 2 minutes than have the site break for 2 hours all the while have people complaining for 2 hours.

Lets just get it done and over with so we can hear the complainers immediately so they can go away.

If 10C doesnt want to buy better servers they should at the very least shut down all parts of the site for 15 minutes when the tickets are on sale. Like close the forums for 20 minutes, shut down mostly everything buts the goods section... ANYTHING to get more uhmph to the servers so we can avoid endless shit storms
    I agree with you. Id rather it sell out quicker than have that BS that went on for almost 2 hours today.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Swanton wrote:
    Couldn't disagree more with your post.

Everyone does not have the same chance at tickets. The only people that have a chance at tickets are those that can be at a computer at the designated time of the presale.

If alot of people took the day off to buy tickets through here, then alot of people wasted a sick or vacation day. It's not like I'm simply bitching about missing out on tickets. I'm offering a solution that covers several factors and allows more fans to be involved instead of the very small percentage that are active on this site.

Ticketmaster tickets go on sale at a certain frame as well. How is the way 10c does this any different than any other seller of tickets?

For ticketmaster ticket's you still have to be on the site ready to login at exactly 10 am as well.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    The easiest way to solve the problem would be for the 10c to have as many tickets as needed. Simple solution really. Except that I have no idea what it would take for this to happen? I don't know how they pulled it off in the past? It seems like it's an impossibility now. But I sure would like to experience a tour like that. I guess I dream big.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    brandon10 wrote:
    The easiest way to solve the problem would be for the 10c to have as many tickets as needed. Simple solution really. Except that I have no idea what it would take for this to happen? I don't know how they pulled it off in the past? It seems like it's an impossibility now. But I sure would like to experience a tour like that. I guess I dream big.

we already have a locked and full responded thread about this....
    what it would take is for ticketmaster to not want to sell tickets themselves, and for pearl jam to not want to spread their music outside the fan club, and for non-ten club members who are huge fans to get shut out themselves...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    fanclub members w/ 10+ years should be in a totally different category...

what a stupid comment :lol:

waht makes them to be more entitled to getting tickets than a you up and comer getting tickets?

yeah, you old farts ;)
  • Options
    Swanton wrote:
    Couldn't disagree more with your post.

Everyone does not have the same chance at tickets. The only people that have a chance at tickets are those that can be at a computer at the designated time of the presale.

If alot of people took the day off to buy tickets through here, then alot of people wasted a sick or vacation day. It's not like I'm simply bitching about missing out on tickets. I'm offering a solution that covers several factors and allows more fans to be involved instead of the very small percentage that are active on this site.

Ticketmaster tickets go on sale at a certain frame as well. How is the way 10c does this any different than any other seller of tickets?

For ticketmaster ticket's you still have to be on the site ready to login at exactly 10 am as well.
    make on sale times every 38 minutes throughout the day, starting at 3:24 am.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    haffajappa wrote:
    fanclub members w/ 10+ years should be in a totally different category...

what a stupid comment :lol:

waht makes them to be more entitled to getting tickets than a you up and comer getting tickets?

yeah, you old farts ;)

:o i am younger than a lot around here... 8-)
    anyway, you have a better number than me, and u are 5 years younger :?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    Wow...I don't know what the problem was with the ticket sales but it seems like a lot of people got some kind of a raw deal? I do agree big time with one comment I read about fans being in the Ten Club for the sole reason of getting a shot at tickets first....I had no reason to even try for tix knowing that PJ won't be playing anywhere near me (at least not yet anyway) ...but when that chance does come for me I hope I don't have any problems scoring tix.
    Also, about this tour....I think the chance of more tour dates coming out should be pretty good...I mean they will have the new album out and who promotes a new album by only touring to a small handful of cities?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited July 2009
    Swanton wrote:
    This method of ticket distribution is thoroughly unfair. You are limiting ticket sales to Ten Club members who can access a computer at a specific time. For people who work outside of an office setting or have other commitments, they are out of luck. .

Some people always come back to that kind of comment. But is this not true for ANY ticket sale, any band? When you want to purchase tickets in a general sale or another presale, do they not all start on a specific day, at a specific time?

I'm going to try to get Shepherd's Bush tix in the HMV and O2 presales... shall I moan and tell them it's not convenient for me if they start their ticket sales at 9.00am on a week day? That I may or may not be in front of a computer with fast connection? Surely not.

So why all this grief everytime on this board?
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    SolarWorld wrote:

Bottom line, there are only so many tickets. Way more demand. Just the way it is. I feel the ten club has done everything that can within reason to improve the situation.

This is the key!

The postcards can not come back, when we did postcards 10C didnt have the restrictions TM put on them after the last time we sent in postcards on 2003.

I was shut out for the Ed solo show, and went through some scary refreshing for the Chicago tkts but got them at the end, one day I will not get them and I will have to go through TM, but that's the way it goes, imo
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    SolarWorld wrote:

Bottom line, there are only so many tickets. Way more demand. Just the way it is. I feel the ten club has done everything that can within reason to improve the situation.

This is the key!

The postcards can not come back, when we did postcards 10C didnt have the restrictions TM put on them after the last time we sent in postcards on 2003.

I was shut out for the Ed solo show, and went through some scary refreshing for the Chicago tkts but got them at the end, one day I will not get them and I will have to go through TM, but that's the way it goes, imo

Mrs. Vedder, as always, the voice of reason. I agree w/ these two. When supply doesn't equal demand, there will be tears, no matter what they do.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Go back to ONE Pair per tour.
    And if you live in Maine and buy a pair for Los Angeles... only to find out that they are playing at the old hockey arena two blocks from your home... tough shit. You can still get your tickets through Ticketmaster.... no one made you buy the L.A. tickets just because the shows have been confirmed and announced.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    I commend the original poster for making a sincere and constructive effort to provide feedback. Posts like this resulted in up the sides in 2006 for people who would have been rear floor in 2003. So they do listen to constructive feedback.

I truly believe 1 show per tour is great because the 10c seats are really great as they are in a smaller block. There would be less pressure on the purchasing system. People with high numbers would still be pretty close and would have a sense of being "in" with club seats.

You are right about traveling 10c members with low numbers. They go from city to city and nudge others back. In 2003, my 10c seats were actually bad. Couldn't see at all in San Diego. I would have fared better with T/M. They can still travel, right? 1 show per tour with 10c doesn't mean you can't attend shows. What? Good seats or I won't go? Not a true fan.

I got my LA3 ticket. Probably because of the 1 show restriction in LA. If LA would have been like Philly, it would have been a nightmare. You can't match a network server for a spike which occurs once every couple of years. Back to cards and money orders isn't a bad idea but 1 show per tour is a better idea. Solves many problems.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    haffajappa wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

we already have a locked and full responded thread about this....
    what it would take is for ticketmaster to not want to sell tickets themselves, and for pearl jam to not want to spread their music outside the fan club, and for non-ten club members who are huge fans to get shut out themselves...

So you wouldn't like it if 10c had as many tickets as needed for each show? No one getting shut out? And maybe 4-8000 10c members at shows like philly?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    brandon10 wrote:
    So you wouldn't like it if 10c had as many tickets as needed for each show? No one getting shut out? And maybe 4-8000 10c members at shows like philly?
    I think we all want that... but, i also want there to be peace in the Middle East and our troops to come home and come to the shows with us an have a beer with me... but, it ain't gonna happen.
    And i'd definately be all over it if i was assured that the fan in seat number 7,999 isn't going to be bitching about the fan in seat number 3 not 'Rocking out hard enough'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    I appreciate those comments from people who realized I was not "just bitching" about the ticket situation. I'm going to attempt to get tickets through other means and see how that plays out. Even if I'm in nosebleed seats, it'll be great to be in the building. I'm still disappointed though.

The one thing that is somewhat surprising, although not really when I think about it, is the "I'm a bigger fan than you" vibe that runs throughout the board. I obviously don't post on here often and I imagine the board has a much different feel during normal times when there isn't a rush for tickets. But the attitude of some posters to those that were disappointed - and upset - about not getting tickets was pretty harsh.
    You will try.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    too many fan club members in the east!

imo philly shows should have been handled like the 4 LA shows...especially PJ should know that by now...PLUS those philly shows are the only shows in the northeast soooo ummmm hello!

i do also need to say that the 10c is still # 1 in my books
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    edited July 2009
    I got shut out of night 2. But I think things are fine the way they are. The only thing they need to is upgrade the servers. There was no problem with any of the recent ticket sales. The problem with the Philly sales is simply the supply doesnt meet the demand. There was a much higher demand, more than usual. And simply, the supply couldnt come close to meeting it. Philly was the only show in the northeast, so ALL the northeast people, Boston, NY, DC, Baltimore etc, that normally wouldnt go to Philly are grabbing tickets to Philly because it will be their only PJ fix this year. It isnt always going to be like this. Philly being the only northeast show IS the problem.

No other Philly ticket sale in the past was even close to being like this. Thats becasue it wasnt the only northeast city. Also, I had no issues in the past getting tickets, except for MSG 2 last year, which is understandable. Leave things the way it is. Upgrade the site so it can hadle more traffic. This way I can realize Im not getting tickets right away and without going through a shit storm for almost 2 hours.

Plus, if you just limit to one show,other cities that dont have a high demand for tickets wont sell that good. That could potentially lead to them only playing high demand cities. And they already kind of started to do that.
    Post edited by PearlJamPatriot on
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    As someone who has scored and been shut out, I do think it has become clear that the current system is just as random as a lottery. Unless you are using some bullshit technogeek method of adding tickets to your cart (which I GENUINELY BELIEVE there are people on here doing) the chance of the system simply going apeshit on you at ANY stage of the transaction is totally possible (and now just anticipated). I have cable modem. I have a fast computer. I have quick clickety click skills. I saw the BUY, I selected the BUY and the site died after I submitted Cc info (Session time out). I then refreshed a window for 67 mins during which I was able to add the tickets on 6 occasions without being able to complete the deal. I was pretty upset yesterday but life goes on - my point is that it is already total randomness. I don't know if I agree of limiting to one show, etc. but sending in your Cc. and info by X:XX and letting the computer choose 1000 names seems just as logical (and far less time consuming) then hitting a refresh key and praying for a miracle.

Peace.
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    My solution for the 10C is this... if you're not satisfied, don't continue your membership. They offer a service and if you aren't happy with it, don't pay for it.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    People who want that the 10c limits the access to tickets to one per tour are insane because they actually tell the 10c they should make the membership less valuable then it is now. And even if the access is limited to one show per tour some people would still get shutout of shows in NY, Boston or Philly. I like the current system and 10c should keep it.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    I'm not running down the people who run the 10c. I just think there is a better system to treat a wider range of fans more fairly.

And really, how much value do you think fans that got shut out of presales feel their membership has? If I didn't belong to the 10c, then I would have avoided A LOT of stress yesterday.

The fact that the Philly shows are the only ones on the East Coast and everyone from New England to DC was trying to get tickets is the issue. I don't know how many seats are reserved for 10c members, but perhaps they should block off more. Not everyone can get the tickets they want, but again, I think there is a more fair and much less stressful way to do the presales.
    You will try.
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    How about this idea:

For every pair of tickets you have purchased in the past year (or 2 or whatever) from 10Club, the time that the tickets are available for you to buy is pre-sale+10 minutes.

So if you have seen 2 PJ concerts in the past year, and pre-sale starts at 3:00 PM, YOU can start trying for tickets at 3:20.

What this accomplishes:

* The servers load is lighter because people are going to have tickets available to them at staggered times throughout the afternoon.

* Fewer people will get shut out. Obviously if you miss the first time, you have a big advantage for the 2nd concert etc. Which means that fewer people will score tickets to 5 shows, yes. But at least the advantage to 10C members is spread around. And its not like its impossible to still get tickets.

How about that
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,760
    i think the 1 show per tour wouldn't work well for curbing demand when there are a limited number of shows, it seemed like LAnights 1 and 2 sold out just as fast as Philly and Seattle nights 1 and 2.

But for a full scale 70 show tour you would probably see the benefits of curbing demand if ten club let you choose only 1 or 2 shows to go to.

I think someone also mentioned a hybrid system of 1 round of ticket sales that the member could choose on show for and seat selection would be allocated by seniority. Then, there would be a second round of first come first serve ticket sales for the remaining ten club tickets where seat allocation would be random.

that seemed like a good idea
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    How about this idea:

For every pair of tickets you have purchased in the past year (or 2 or whatever) from 10Club, the time that the tickets are available for you to buy is pre-sale+10 minutes.

So if you have seen 2 PJ concerts in the past year, and pre-sale starts at 3:00 PM, YOU can start trying for tickets at 3:20.

What this accomplishes:

* The servers load is lighter because people are going to have tickets available to them at staggered times throughout the afternoon.

* Fewer people will get shut out. Obviously if you miss the first time, you have a big advantage for the 2nd concert etc. Which means that fewer people will score tickets to 5 shows, yes. But at least the advantage to 10C members is spread around. And its not like its impossible to still get tickets.

How about that

will you be the one who maintains and builds the database for this?
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    People love to complain when they don't get what they want or think they have a better idea, yet don't take into account everyone has a 2cents to add. As a whole, the 10C does everything possible and a good job at doing the most for everyone as possible. You pay $20 a yr, get news, updates, a record and pre-sale options. It's not a democracy, it's a business and opinions are probably welcomed by them cause they're nice, but people get spoiled, self-interested and greedy. All in all, we should just be happy the band cares enough to have a well run fan club that offers us the opportunities we receive.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    edited July 2009
    There is no perfect system, and there is no system that is fair to everyone. It is supply and demand. There is way more demand than supply. Nothing more than that.
    10c should get better servers for the 1% of the time they need them.
    They should do snail mail so everyone has to overnight requests.
    They should have the band personally call every member to ask what shows they want.
    In the heavily populated areas, like the northeast, or for special shows, demand is going to be well over supply. There is nothing anyone can do about that. There is still tomorrow. And then after that, people will be offering tickets on the board for face value all the way up to the day of the show. I am just glad they give us the oppurtunity(not gaurantee) of tickets ahead of time. And they do what they think is best.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    merlin401 wrote:
    How about this idea:

What this accomplishes:

How about that

will you be the one who maintains and builds the database for this?
    tickets will still sell out in 5 minutes...

I wrote a lengthy diatribe on problems with servers, connections, refreshing, and offer a suggestion for "cloud computing": http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=103801
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    FiveB247x wrote:
    People love to complain when they don't get what they want or think they have a better idea, yet don't take into account everyone has a 2cents to add. As a whole, the 10C does everything possible and a good job at doing the most for everyone as possible. You pay $20 a yr, get news, updates, a record and pre-sale options. It's not a democracy, it's a business and opinions are probably welcomed by them cause they're nice, but people get spoiled, self-interested and greedy. All in all, we should just be happy the band cares enough to have a well run fan club that offers us the opportunities we receive.

To me these posts are like saying, "He's our President so we should support and agree with every decision he makes"

If there's any customer service related business that doesn't want healthy criticism from it's clients and employees, then it's a failing business.