Options

@@@@@@Milwaukee Eddie Vedder Pre-Party Tuesday August 19th@@@@@@

Comments

• Options
    Hey Patrick: To pick up our 10C tickets, all we need is our ID correct? Can't find a confirmation # on my email.

Yup your ID.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Update On Parking.

There Is A Parade In Downtown Milwaukee Today For The Actors From The T.v Show ''happy Days''. They Are Dedicating A Statue Of The Fonzie Here In Brewtown. The Parade Starts At 5:45pm And Begins At Wisconsin Ave And N. Water St And Ends At Miller Park. So Get There Early At Mo's To Find A Parking Spot Asap. If Anybody Is Having Trouble Getting To Mo's Call Me At 414-915-5064.

SIT ON IT!!

I just had to say that. I'm happy for you guys, your show is finally here. Wish I was going.................
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Update On Parking.

There Is A Parade In Downtown Milwaukee Today For The Actors From The T.v Show ''happy Days''. They Are Dedicating A Statue Of The Fonzie Here In Brewtown. The Parade Starts At 5:45pm And Begins At Wisconsin Ave And N. Water St And Ends At Miller Park. So Get There Early At Mo's To Find A Parking Spot Asap. If Anybody Is Having Trouble Getting To Mo's Call Me At 414-915-5064.

Crap, now I'm worried about parking with the parade. Maybe pay at the rockbottom and walk over to mo's?
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,816
    on my way! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Hope you can make it. Drive safe :)
    Thanks for all the links to parking and construction.

I hope I can make it to the Pre-party, my boss just scheduled a meeting for 4:00 PM. (I'm in Madison.)
  • Options
    I'm heading out and see you soon everybody. :D
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I'm leaving from Shevegas right now! Can't fucking wait!!!
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    back to the front page ;)
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Only a few hours left...can't wait. Does anyone know if the posters at the solo shows come with a tube? If they don't, are we allowed to bring our own tubes? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Just hitting the hotel before heading back to the theater. Wife got posters (both) and they let her leave and come back in.

Pre-party was excellent Patrick.......good work!

Off to the show!!!!
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    Just got home! Nice job on the pre-party! Hope everybody had fun and makes it home safely!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    just got home too!
    that was killer!
    even before the show the whole happy days gang drove by in old 50's cars
    fonzie, L&S, potsie, ralph mouth, mrs. and mr. C but wait did ohpie cunningham drive by???

that was killer!! saw ev and the happy days gang all in one night! fucking classic.

who was the fat (sorry, over wieght Ahole they dragged out of there) he was a moron.

i really loved the way ed handeld the assholes who had to scream out after every song. bet you down on front rt felt like an ass after he called you out.

sweet dreams jammers
    one love

respect
  • Options
    arrived home in Madison at 1am. Left right after the show. No problems leaving downtown. Had to slowdown at three points on 43W because of construction. Argh.......

Won the 06 Grand Rapids DVD at the preparty. Thank you bacoj. Ironic, but the wife and I sat right next to him (and friend/user handle? at the show). Very nice guys. Hope to talk to you down the line.........

I'm getting over the asshats in the crowd. Hope Eddie wasn't too pissed. Curious to see if he comments on it in Chicago. Wish I was going........

P.S. I saw a couple of Play Alpine shirts thrown on stage. Anyone know if Ed saw the shirts??????????????????
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140
    We got home around 1am too (in Sun Prairie)...construction sucked on 94.

Anyway, my wife and I were on of the lucky SOBs that got pulled out of our balcony seats and put in the front row.

When they let us go up to the stage for "Hard Sun", I saw one of the shirts make it up on stage...and what looked like a lpacket of letters or papers.

Ed didn't act like he noticed them...but when the crew came out to tear down, they picked all the stuff up and went off stage with it...so who knows?

...the hecklers were annoying, but I thought Ed handled it well and the rest of the crowd was starting to get on the idiots, which was good.

Amazing show...the Brewer traffic kept me from getting to Mo's and meeting up with you folks, I'll get ya next time.
  • Options
    madsea wrote:
    We got home around 1am too (in Sun Prairie)...construction sucked on 94.

Anyway, my wife and I were on of the lucky SOBs that got pulled out of our balcony seats and put in the front row.

When they let us go up to the stage for "Hard Sun", I saw one of the shirts make it up on stage...and what looked like a lpacket of letters or papers.

Ed didn't act like he noticed them...but when the crew came out to tear down, they picked all the stuff up and went off stage with it...so who knows?

...the hecklers were annoying, but I thought Ed handled it well and the rest of the crowd was starting to get on the idiots, which was good.

Amazing show...the Brewer traffic kept me from getting to Mo's and meeting up with you folks, I'll get ya next time.

I saw a couple of people moving up front at the end. I thought it was two anxious fans. Cool story..........
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140
    the security actually came up to us as ARC was ending and said, "Get up to the stage!"

That was when Ed came back out and shook all of our hands...then went back behind the curtain to start "Hard Sun".

They kept everyone else away from the stage (which I thought was wierd)...but they actually TOLD us to go up there...and who am I to fight a demand like that?

It was incredible...when Ed threw the mic down at the end, it landed about 2 feet from where I was standing.
  • Options
    I'm so tired today but feel pretty good with the money the party raised for Amy and her Companion Animal Adoption Center. With the money raised from the 4 pack of tickets that Rock 102.1 auctioned off and yesterday's total. We raised about just over $2600.00. I want to thank everybody that showed up and bought raffle tickets and donated items. Mo's was overwhelmed and had to call in extra staff cause it was so busy. I have more to say but I'm just too tired right now. lol

Thank you everyone. :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,077
    sweet man! :)

how much did the tickets auctioned off too?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    sweet man! :)

how much did the tickets auctioned off too?

Rock 102.1 auctioned them off on Monday and they went for $500.00
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,077
    Rock 102.1 auctioned them off on Monday and they went for $500.00

mama mia!
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    The pre-party was nice, won the eddie picture, my friend won the I-pod deck and head phones, Into the wild Cd. Met a cool couple, If you are reading I will get you the Grand Rapids DVD. Be patient. Totally unexpected, we were there for a good time and we had one. The show was excellent. My grey "play Alpine Valley shirt" did not quite make it to ED. I had a hell of a time trying to get it back. Finally a stage hand threw it back to me. I will throw it to Ed at Chicago night 1. A great Hard Sun, with authority for good reason. I don't understand the yelling and shouting, esecially after Ed tells you to stop. Very strange thought process among us. Patrick, Foxy keep up the good work.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I just want to say you did a GREAT JOB organizing the pre-party Patrick. I know you put a lot of effort into it and it showed. I think it was especially cool to hear about the ticket auction, and how much the station was promoting it. Sounds like the charity is a really good one too from what you said.

I want to thank Faithful2you and his wife as well for taking the time and effort to get the Alpine shirts made. I've had shirts printed in the past, but I haven't worked with a printer in years and I wouldn't have known where to go to have them done. They turned out AWESOME and I hope Ed got a kick out of it. The one you guys threw was sitting on the tape reels towards the end so I'm sure he saw it later.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    A big thank you to all that donated and helped out at the party. Thank you Laura for bring up the Wishlist items and helping out. Mo's Irish Pub didn't expect such a busy crowd but they were sure happy. They had to call in extra help and it still wasn't enough. But a huge thank you to Jeremy and all the staff at Mo's for hosting. We couldn't have been any closer to the Riverside. lol

It started out slow but at one moment I looked around and realized the place was packed. I made my way around chatting my with as many people as I could. Amy and her helper Sandy? I'm bad with names so bare with me here. Amy was amazed and happy at how many people showed up. She is a fan of PJ but after all of this I think a little bit more now. :) She also says thank you to all that showed up and bought raffle tickets. The money raised at the party and the tickets auctioned off on Rock 102.1 we raised just over $2600.00. Many cats and dogs will be saved and found homes because of that money raised. Very awesome and such a great cause.

Big thanks to Rock 102.1 and Kramp for showing up with the gift basket from the radio station. They plugged the party all weekend and that brought more non board people to the party I'm sure.

I'm still tired from the party and show and taking a couple days off. Was thinking of going to tonight's Chicago show. But taking it easy and will be down for Friday's show.

Once again thank you, thank you to everybody that helped and showed up. You all made it so much fun and special Tuesday nite.

Thank you again.

Patrick
  • Options
    Nice job again, Patrick! Was good to me you briefly beforehand. Maybe see you on Friday! We'll be at Kasey's before. Leaving Plymouth at 1:30, so hopefully we can get there before traffic get too nasty!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    Won the 06 Grand Rapids DVD at the preparty. Thank you bacoj. Ironic, but the wife and I sat right next to him (and friend/user handle? at the show). Very nice guys. Hope to talk to you down the line......

whoops. youknowrobby quote

That was me and Bacoj, enjoyed your company as well, great seat mates, enjoyed the hell out of the show, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Not even the beligerant ones could get me down.

Patrick, you did an outstanding job with the pre-party and all the preparation and hard work you put into it. I'm glad it was a good success, it was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you and thank faithful2you and his wife for the leg work in getting the shirts made, they turned out great! We also enjoyed your company and enjoyed chatting. We met a lot of other great members as well, and there were plenty of people there with class, and had a great time in Milwaukee!! Thanks to all that made it happen!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    jjstarr wrote:
    Won the 06 Grand Rapids DVD at the preparty. Thank you bacoj. Ironic, but the wife and I sat right next to him (and friend/user handle? at the show). Very nice guys. Hope to talk to you down the line......

whoops. youknowrobby quote

That was me and Bacoj, enjoyed your company as well, great seat mates, enjoyed the hell out of the show, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Not even the beligerant ones could get me down.

Patrick, you did an outstanding job with the pre-party and all the preparation and hard work you put into it. I'm glad it was a good success, it was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you and thank faithful2you and his wife for the leg work in getting the shirts made, they turned out great! We also enjoyed your company and enjoyed chatting. We met a lot of other great members as well, and there were plenty of people there with class, and had a great time in Milwaukee!! Thanks to all that made it happen!

enjoyed meeting you too. The show, at times, seemed akward with the chatter. But, in hindsight, we have to let all that go and enjoy the show for what it was. I looked so forward to this show and the time just flew. Last night I thought, hmmm, 24 hours ago we were sitting in our seats.....LOL!!!

So, now we wait for ALPINE 2009!!!!!! Forget the haters Patrick, let's get the official 2009 thread started, you can't be that tired...........
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    hey patrick, the pre-party was a lot of fun and could not have been a better location (well eddie dressing room would have been better :) ).

my wife and i met a lot of really cool people like the guy below and his friend and a brother-sister fan combo from chicago.

just wanted to say thanks, and i love my yield wrist-band, drove all the way back to michigan with it on!!!!

rhandley wrote:
    The pre-party was nice, won the eddie picture, my friend won the I-pod deck and head phones, Into the wild Cd. Met a cool couple, If you are reading I will get you the Grand Rapids DVD. Be patient. Totally unexpected, we were there for a good time and we had one. The show was excellent. My grey "play Alpine Valley shirt" did not quite make it to ED. I had a hell of a time trying to get it back. Finally a stage hand threw it back to me. I will throw it to Ed at Chicago night 1. A great Hard Sun, with authority for good reason. I don't understand the yelling and shouting, esecially after Ed tells you to stop. Very strange thought process among us. Patrick, Foxy keep up the good work.

hey, i will be very patient......but i also can't wait to see it. Thanks for doing this! also remind jhn about the guy in the bathroom who asked us if we knew what was up with all the pearl jam shirts
    it was hilarious, one of my favorite memories of the pre-party.
    hope to catch up again at another show some time.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    Great pictures. I had tickets to the show, but gave them to my brother! I hope all of you had fun at the shows!

See everyone soon!
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08