Options

Hotel Offer for anyone travelling to Seattle for shows

Comments

• Options
    Tomcat96Tomcat96 Posts: 19
    This is a nice offer - great job mate :-) "Unfortunately" my and my gf already booked Seattle lodging for another place - will this party in the backroom be open for international PJ fans? Sounds good to me, would like to join :)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    1-4? thats SUPER cheap...
    will you update this thread on current availability?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Tomcat96 wrote:
    This is a nice offer - great job mate :-) "Unfortunately" my and my gf already booked Seattle lodging for another place - will this party in the backroom be open for international PJ fans? Sounds good to me, would like to join :)

All the fundraisers/parties are open to everyone... hope to see you there!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Tomcat96 wrote:

i've heard rumors of a wishlist foundation benefit. i'm sure details will be posted if/when something is set up.

as far as availablility...mensane is not at the hotel this week (she is in maui celebrating her birthday!). so for accurate availability i would say for now, calling the hotel directly is your best option. (she did check this morning and said availability is limited...don't know specifically what "limited" means)
  • Options
    lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    This thread was a major help!

In the same vein would anybody be interested in joining or organizing a group ticket sale for the Mariners Yankees game. I know a lot of ppl mentioned they were going and all of us NYC folk can meet up. Thoughts??
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Tomcat96 wrote:

i've heard rumors of a wishlist foundation benefit. i'm sure details will be posted if/when something is set up.

as far as availablility...mensane is not at the hotel this week (she is in maui celebrating her birthday!). so for accurate availability i would say for now, calling the hotel directly is your best option. (she did check this morning and said availability is limited...don't know specifically what "limited" means)

I called and made my reservations today and I think they were low/out of rooms with King size beds (I think :?: ) and I was able to get a room w/Double Beds. Just give them the code and you're good to go!

Wishlist pre-party fundraisers are in the works... will have details soon :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Tomcat96 wrote:

I called and made my reservations today and I think they were low/out of rooms with King size beds (I think :?: ) and I was able to get a room w/Double Beds. Just give them the code and you're good to go!

The person I spoke with said that code was unavailable. But I don't mind paying the extra money for a good location to the venue.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    So is this place all booked up????

I couldn't get threw when I called.
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Just booked. No king size beds left. Asked "is this for the Pearl Jam shows?" Got the rate. Very nice lady on the other end.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

The person I spoke with said that code was unavailable. But I don't mind paying the extra money for a good location to the venue.

I would call back. I booked mine about only about 3 hours ago using the code "Pearl Jam Key Arena" group rate. Ask her to change your rate to the group rate :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I just booked a room for 9/17 thru 9/23 with the $94 rate. Thanks for the heads up!

FYI - Not only are the Yankees in town the weekend before the show, but USC is in town to play Washington on Saturday (9/19). Seattle could be pretty busy the weekend before the shows!!

I might be looking at a Yankee game and maybe the USC/Washington game if anyone else is interested.

Now to book the airfare....
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,234
    Done and Done, so they still have rooms available.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Just booked a room for my wife and I. This is going to be a great time with everyone in one location! I agree, the lady on the other end was super nice and laughed when we mentioned Pj. She said "Oh you guys are going to have so much fun there's been a lot of fans booking with us today" :lol: Looking at the Sunday afternoon baseball game too.

If anyone has some great restaurant suggestions please PM me ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    thanks for the heads-up on the hotel offer, just called and booked a room! :) i can't wait, i am so excited!!!
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,234
    Just wonderin did anyone get a confirmation # or anything? Hope the rooms there when i get there!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Just wonderin did anyone get a confirmation # or anything? Hope the rooms there when i get there!
    i asked for one. if you call back i'm sure they can give one to ya :)
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Horse2345 wrote:

I got one, I bet if you call they will give you one.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    hey chris... i also forgot an obvious restaurant in the pm i sent.... The Space Needle. :)

some others nearby... the hotel itself has a restaurant. there is zeke's pizza a couple blocks away, across from zeke's is The 5 Point (this is one of my personal favorite late night places)...1/2 bar with great music on the juke box and 1/2 diner...open 24hrs! there are also a bunch of places in lower queen anne which is just on the other side of seattle center/key arena from the hotel...maybe 4 blocks or so.
  • Options
    for anyone interested in eating or going up in the space needle while visiting seattle...here is a little tip.

you can have lunch in the revolving restaurant mon-fri for about $15 (sat/sun has an expensive weekend brunch) and have access to the observation level. i know 15 bucks is kinda pricey for lunch, but if you just go to the observation deck it's $11. so enjoy some lunch and the view for almost the same price. :)
  • Options
    If you enjoy campy kitchy cheesy fun while getting a tour of Seattle, let me know. I am totally setting up a group rate for RIDE THE DUCKS.

Meet up at a bar before hand, have a few drinks, then a land/water vehicle filled with Pearl Jam fans as tourists.... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

RIDE THE DUCKS!!!

The land and sea adventure! http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    moonstepsmoonsteps Posts: 51
    Can we throw or catch some fish at the market too? :lol:
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    If you enjoy campy kitchy cheesy fun while getting a tour of Seattle, let me know. I am totally setting up a group rate for RIDE THE DUCKS.

Meet up at a bar before hand, have a few drinks, then a land/water vehicle filled with Pearl Jam fans as tourists.... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

RIDE THE DUCKS!!!

The land and sea adventure! http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/

Seems like a little too much on the audience participation lol. My wife and I are more of the observing type :)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    hey chris... i also forgot an obvious restaurant in the pm i sent.... The Space Needle. :)

some others nearby... the hotel itself has a restaurant. there is zeke's pizza a couple blocks away, across from zeke's is The 5 Point (this is one of my personal favorite late night places)...1/2 bar with great music on the juke box and 1/2 diner...open 24hrs! there are also a bunch of places in lower queen anne which is just on the other side of seattle center/key arena from the hotel...maybe 4 blocks or so.

5 points is fucking awesome. wandering around at like 1:30 one night, like where the fuck am i going to eat and stumbled across this gold mine. love it.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    PJLuisPJLuis Posts: 385
    edited July 2009
    I just phoned from Mexico and tried to book for 3 persons.

No rooms were left.

I don't know what to do. Any help would be really appreciated

:(
    Post edited by PJLuis on
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    PJLuis wrote:
    I just phoned from Mexico and tried to book for 3 persons.

No rooms were left.

I don't know what to do

:(

That's weird, I called this afternoon and had no problem. I was able to book a room w/ a King bed...

I'm only staying Monday night unfortunately, but maybe that's why there was more availability...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    oh lordy do not go to the space needle for food unless you have more money than brains. Serious.
    Try Metropolitian Market across the street from Easy Street records-on Queen Anne ( and if you need 24hr pharmacy- Bartells upstairs is open)
    http://metropolitan-market.com/homeA.php
    or the classic
    http://www.ddir.com/Dicks_Drive_In_Rest ... ut_Us.html
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    oh lordy do not go to the space needle for food unless you have more money than brains. Serious.
    Try Metropolitian Market across the street from Easy Street records-on Queen Anne ( and if you need 24hr pharmacy- Bartells upstairs is open)
    http://metropolitan-market.com/homeA.php
    or the classic
    http://www.ddir.com/Dicks_Drive_In_Rest ... ut_Us.html

many out of towners might want to go up in the space needle... if they do, doing it at lunch time during the week and having lunch is only a few dollars more than just going up to the observation level. just trying to suggest an option for people who actually wanted to go up in the space needle. everyone does it at least once...might as well get the most for your money.

(p.s metropolitan market is also overpriced...and not really a restaurant.)

if you want a great place and have a car... eat at the cafe at the easy street in west seattle. (where the band played) and you can order cds along with breakfast (serving 7a-3p)
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Ok.
    I have been in touch with our sales manager.

The weekend before the shows is sold out of the group rate. There are a few upgrade rooms available for $149. The group rate is still available starting Monday night.

We have created a group block at the Sixth Avenue Inn. That rate is $89 and they have a lot of rooms still available on the preceding weekend. BUT, most of their rooms only have one bed.

To book, call 206- 441-8300 and ask for pearl jam rate.

Couple of things about this property.
    They do not have free breakfast, but they do have a restaurant.
    it is about a mile from key arena, but closer to the downtown core than the exec inn.
    Building is older than exec and is currently being renovated.

You could book here for the weekend and book the exec for the show nights if you wanted to be closer.
    i'll try to update when I get back from vacation on monday
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    mensane -- I have a question that is a bit off-topic, but since you're in Seattle, maybe you can help. I want to take my husband to the Mariner's game because he loves going to ballparks in different cities. I see that they're playing the Yankees. Will it be hard to get tickets if we wait until the game, or should I get tickets in advance? We're in MD, and when the Yankees or Red Sox play the Orioles, it can get hard to get tickets because the New York & Boston fans have an easier time getting tickets at Camden Yards than in their home stadiums.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    mensane -- I have a question that is a bit off-topic, but since you're in Seattle, maybe you can help. I want to take my husband to the Mariner's game because he loves going to ballparks in different cities. I see that they're playing the Yankees. Will it be hard to get tickets if we wait until the game, or should I get tickets in advance? We're in MD, and when the Yankees or Red Sox play the Orioles, it can get hard to get tickets because the New York & Boston fans have an easier time getting tickets at Camden Yards than in their home stadiums.

i'm not mensane, but i too am in seattle...and enjoy going to mariner's games on occasion. :)

as far as tix to the game, most of the time tix are avail either at the box office or outside from people who have extras. (wouldn't buy from scalpers myself, but if the game isn't a sell out sometime you they offer a sweet deal). on a side note: we even got tix from the owner of easy street a couple weeks ago when he couldn't use the tix. he had them at the register with a little sign "free tickets".

so... guess what i'm saying is if you aren't 100% sure you going to the game, i'd wait til you get here. if you know for sure...might as well get 'em ahead of time so you have a better seat/price selection. yankees do tend to sell better than other teams, but a sell out...that is highly unlikely.

i plan on going that sunday myself. ;)