Options

Hotel Offer for anyone travelling to Seattle for shows

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    mensane -- I have a question that is a bit off-topic, but since you're in Seattle, maybe you can help. I want to take my husband to the Mariner's game because he loves going to ballparks in different cities. I see that they're playing the Yankees. Will it be hard to get tickets if we wait until the game, or should I get tickets in advance? We're in MD, and when the Yankees or Red Sox play the Orioles, it can get hard to get tickets because the New York & Boston fans have an easier time getting tickets at Camden Yards than in their home stadiums.

i'm not mensane, but i too am in seattle...and enjoy going to mariner's games on occasion. :)

as far as tix to the game, most of the time tix are avail either at the box office or outside from people who have extras. (wouldn't buy from scalpers myself, but if the game isn't a sell out sometime you they offer a sweet deal). on a side note: we even got tix from the owner of easy street a couple weeks ago when he couldn't use the tix. he had them at the register with a little sign "free tickets".

so... guess what i'm saying is if you aren't 100% sure you going to the game, i'd wait til you get here. if you know for sure...might as well get 'em ahead of time so you have a better seat/price selection. yankees do tend to sell better than other teams, but a sell out...that is highly unlikely.

i plan on going that sunday myself. ;)

I was going to go on Friday/Saturday. I was going to ask about that because I'd rather pay cash for tickets and avoid the fees that are associated with buying online.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    mensane -- I have a question that is a bit off-topic, but since you're in Seattle, maybe you can help. I want to take my husband to the Mariner's game because he loves going to ballparks in different cities. I see that they're playing the Yankees. Will it be hard to get tickets if we wait until the game, or should I get tickets in advance? We're in MD, and when the Yankees or Red Sox play the Orioles, it can get hard to get tickets because the New York & Boston fans have an easier time getting tickets at Camden Yards than in their home stadiums.

i'm not mensane, but i too am in seattle...and enjoy going to mariner's games on occasion. :)

as far as tix to the game, most of the time tix are avail either at the box office or outside from people who have extras. (wouldn't buy from scalpers myself, but if the game isn't a sell out sometime you they offer a sweet deal). on a side note: we even got tix from the owner of easy street a couple weeks ago when he couldn't use the tix. he had them at the register with a little sign "free tickets".

so... guess what i'm saying is if you aren't 100% sure you going to the game, i'd wait til you get here. if you know for sure...might as well get 'em ahead of time so you have a better seat/price selection. yankees do tend to sell better than other teams, but a sell out...that is highly unlikely.

Thank you!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    Catwoman1 wrote:

Thank you!

I'm debating on which game to go to, either Friday or Sunday. I'm thinking about going to the USC/Washington game Saturday. Any idea how difficult tickets would be for that game? I'm used to Penn State games where you have to know someone to get tickets.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    You should be able to find tickets. The Huskies have won about 2 games in the last two years :mrgreen: . Sure there is plenty to have near the stadium on game day.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    yeah... the huskies have kinda sucked lately, so tix are not at a premium. i think you'd be ok just finding something at the stadium day of show.
  • Options
    Thanks, wasn't sure since USC was coming to town.

Looking forward to the trip!! Less then two months to go!!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Are there still rooms available at this hotel?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Can someone please tell me what tax recovery charges mean. Is that like a deposit that will not be charged at check out if you didn´t smoke or something like that?
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Are there still rooms available at this hotel?

as of yesterday there were rooms available starting monday...the weekend before is sold out.
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    Can someone please tell me what tax recovery charges mean. Is that like a deposit that will not be charged at check out if you didn´t smoke or something like that?

mensane....i'll defer to our hotel guru on this one. :roll:
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:

Normally that is the sales tax and occupancy taxes paid by the guest. It is not refundable, it is in addition to the $94/night room rate.

Correct me if I'm wrong....
  • Options
    A quick note on the post about the Huskies/USC game; I wouldn't be so sure that this game won't sell out for a few factors;
    1. The Dawgs have a new coach, scheme, life, etc. and they may actually win some games leading up to the USC game. When the Dawgs win the fans come out hard.
    2. The new coach is from USC making this game much more interesting and likely to have more fans that you would not have found last year.
    3. We will not lose all 12 games this year
    4. I'm pretty sure this game will be nationally televised

I'd get my tickets now rather than risking not getting any at all. My personal opinion.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    just got back from vacation today.

here is the latest:

Best Western Executive:
    the following days are still available at the group rate $94
    Friday 9/18
    Monday 9/21
    Tuesday 9/22
    Wednesday 9/23
    Thursday 9/24
    Friday 9/25

Saturday 9/20 and Sunday 9/21 only have a few upgraded king rooms available at regular rate of $184.95

Sixth Avenue Inn:
    all days available at group rate $89
    Friday 9/18, Saturday 9/20, Sunday 9/21 have limited double bedded rooms available, but there are plenty of single bedded rooms left for all days.
  • Options
    A quick note on the post about the Huskies/USC game; I wouldn't be so sure that this game won't sell out for a few factors;
    1. The Dawgs have a new coach, scheme, life, etc. and they may actually win some games leading up to the USC game. When the Dawgs win the fans come out hard.
    2. The new coach is from USC making this game much more interesting and likely to have more fans that you would not have found last year.
    3. We will not lose all 12 games this year
    4. I'm pretty sure this game will be nationally televised

I'd get my tickets now rather than risking not getting any at all. My personal opinion.

Kind of what I was thinking, tickets go onsale to the general public 7/27. Still trying to figure out what all I want to do while I'm out there. First time in which I can actually do some sight seeing.
  • Options
    bump...with hotel link in case anyone is still lookin.

http://www.bestwesternwashington.com/hotels/best-western-executive-inn/

here is a link to the other hotel with the PJ deal at $89 per night.

http://www.sixthavenueinn.com/DowntownSeattleHotelRooms
  • Options
    I found Mediterranean Inn and it´s just 1 block away from Key Arena. Its normal rate is $119. Right now it´s 83.30 bucks plus tax. Just in case anyone is interested.

You can search here: www.reservediscounthotels.com/

Locals:

What are your thoughts on this place?
  • Options
    kkasmankkasman Posts: 47
    Also - anyone going to the Sounders game? I am thinking Sounders on Sat. Mariners on Sunday, and then a little PJ. Sorry a bit off topic, but IM if you wanna meet up at either game before.
    Kyle
  • Options
    Two BirdsTwo Birds Posts: 256
    Room is booked coming from London, Ontario...can't wait!!!!!! Thanks for the help. :mrgreen:

Peace!
    Peace,
    BigHub74BigHub74 Posts: 92
    Got one!
  • Options
    anyone wanna split a room with me?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    I have only been by it, not in the hotel, looks fine from the outside and it is VERY close to Key Arena.
    force-10 wrote:
    I found Mediterranean Inn and it´s just 1 block away from Key Arena. Its normal rate is $119. Right now it´s 83.30 bucks plus tax. Just in case anyone is interested.

You can search here: http://www.reservediscounthotels.com/

Locals:

• Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    force-10 wrote:

Locals:

My husband and I are probably staying here. I just haven't gotten off my ass and reserved it yet.
  • Options
    FuhrawzFuhrawz Posts: 82
    Could someone please tell me if they needed credit card information for the booking? What exactly did you have to tell them?
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    force-10 wrote:

Locals:

I'm not a local but have stayed at the Med Inn about five times in the past. I like it's location (a block from the Mercer street Easy Street Records) and the coffee shops and restaurants that are within walking distance. Also, their parking isn't as expensive as downtown hotels. If you want to go walk around downtown, you can walk to Seattle Centre and take the monorail....

In terms of the hotel...it's a little worn and it's not the best hotel if you're used to luxury...It's a place to sleep and it's not tons of money (although in the past I have paid over $150/night). There's a Starbucks in the lobby, and a gym...Some rooms have air conditioning. The alley beside the hotel can be noisy...earplugs are useful, but not necessary. It's pretty much across the street from the Key Arena, which you can see from the hotel. The roof deck is really nice - and great views from there. The beds are sort of old, but if you're really tired, that doesn't matter. Rooms have little fridges, which is good for left overs or stuff you buy at the nearby Safeway or Metropolitan market...there's a 24-hour QFC about 6 blocks down Mercer street....

It's close to Queen Anne hill, so you have easy access to Kerry Park, Trader Joe's, and it's a easy drive from there to Ballard and Freemont. We've always found the Med Inn to be a good place to set up base camp and head out here there and everywhere from it.

Hope this is helpful...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Thanks for the reviews!

Already booked mediterranean. The day I first posted on this trhead I think.

Hey everyone. I think there aren´t too many cheap rooms left here so hurry.

The website I mentioned above only asks for your credit card number and CVC #. That´s all. Piece of cake. You can see the reservation any time after you book the room. Although I still haven´t received the confirmation email they said I would get. But I remember reading somewhere on the site that sometimes they don´t send you one.

Also, the hotel might not have you on their system up until a week before. But there´s a number you can call. I haven´t cause I don´t want to spend on the long distance call.

good luck. Oh and there´s a great thread on all encopassing trip. Check this thread for all the seattle visitors:

http://www.fivehorizons.com/feature/seattle/index.shtml

http://www.fivehorizons.com/feature/sea ... ttle.shtml
  • Options
    My dream trip...The Yankees in seattle Sept 18,19,20 Pearl Jam in Seattle 21,22....Hoboken to Seattle baby!!! I wish it was the Gorge though...My fiance is going to kill me since I am going to chicago in 3 weeks for PJ, than SF the week after for PJ, now Im bookin the Seattle trip...and we are getting married NYE...I love this band!!! I wish they were playing in my backyard right now
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    Thanks for the reviews!

Already booked mediterranean. The day I first posted on this trhead I think.

Hey everyone. I think there aren´t too many cheap rooms left here so hurry.

Just booked the Mediterranean... Maybye only one or two rooms/deals left...

See you guys in, 4 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    I was late in discovering this thread – the Best Western was sold out at the PJ rate but we booked for Monday and Tuesday nights at the Sixth Avenue Inn for $89 (plus all the taxes and parking fees). It looks like a nice location and a great price for Seattle. Thanks mensane and everyone for your help!

For anyone who still needs to book, try the Sixth Avenue Inn and mention Pearl Jam.

And I should mention too that I have an extra pair for night 2 (10c #143xxx or 190xxx) and still need a pair of tickets for night 1 – got shut out from the 10c sale. If you have extras please email or PM! I can buy or can trade your night 1 for my night 2 pair. Thanks again!
  • Options
    If someone is still looking for a room, I suggest meditarranean inn. It´s around the corner from the preparties and easy street records queen anne, and a block away from key arena!

Try thru this link:

http://www.reservediscounthotels.com/index.html

They are currently having a third night free special sale these days. maybe you could get a good deal.
  • Options
    shar42627shar42627 Boston, MA Posts: 9
    Has anyone used Priceline for Seattle hotels?