Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I am also way stoked to see Ben Harper and the Relentless 7. I love BH. Saw him a couple years ago with The Innocent Criminals and they were spectacular!!! And now with R7, a way harder rock band, well that will be insane!!! I saw BH & R7 on Letterman or Conan a few weeks ago and they rocked really hard. Sounded terrific. Again, love Ben Harper. This will be one opening band I WILL NOT miss.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    sgossard3 wrote:
    CR8757 wrote:
    2nd attempt to post.
    NOT AT ALL HAPPY! Just how many times are they going to go to Europe and Australia whilst they ignore half of America? I really feel slighted. Chicago, not my fave city, is the closest they've come to the midwest since 2006. I just don't get it. No Indy, No Cincy? No Cols? No Lexington? NONE? Between their overpolitical stance which I don't agree with and this, I'm really losing interest. I feel that I've been betrayed. How many times can they play in LA? I'm beginning to think they're in it primarily for the money. I used to think PJ really appreciated their fans......... Again, LA of all places? Well, Conan is there now but that's about it.

this isnt a full tour... theyre playing where the money and fans are... add a couple more TX dates and id say theyve done a pretty good job strategically spreading the love... i understand what youre saying cause i wouldnt have the money to travel if they werent playing my hometown... but the fact of the matter is the rest of the midwest is fuckin boring... would you ever want to spend more than 5 min in OH if there wasnt a PJ show there? theyd probably rather play places that fans can plan a vacation around then just play every rinky dink city

Whew! Thank God you didn't diss Michigan. :lol:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    4 cities is a tour? Uh...yeah...woop. What else would I expect, they've played exactly 1 show within a 4 hour drive of me in the past 17 years.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    This means that ben harper and eddie will play indifference together!! Hehehe im getting even more excited now.

And I havent heard bens band yet hope theyre good i bet they are
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    red mos wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    CR8757 wrote:
    2nd attempt to post.
    NOT AT ALL HAPPY! Just how many times are they going to go to Europe and Australia whilst they ignore half of America? I really feel slighted. Chicago, not my fave city, is the closest they've come to the midwest since 2006. I just don't get it. No Indy, No Cincy? No Cols? No Lexington? NONE? Between their overpolitical stance which I don't agree with and this, I'm really losing interest. I feel that I've been betrayed. How many times can they play in LA? I'm beginning to think they're in it primarily for the money. I used to think PJ really appreciated their fans......... Again, LA of all places? Well, Conan is there now but that's about it.
    this isnt a full tour... theyre playing where the money and fans are... add a couple more TX dates and id say theyve done a pretty good job strategically spreading the love... i understand what youre saying cause i wouldnt have the money to travel if they werent playing my hometown... but the fact of the matter is the rest of the midwest is fuckin boring... would you ever want to spend more than 5 min in OH if there wasnt a PJ show there? theyd probably rather play places that fans can plan a vacation around then just play every rinky dink city
    I think they may add some more Texas dates in those additional dates. Remember back in 03, they played Houston, and San Antonio, and played Dallas two months later. That is too small of a roster to be a tour especially considering it is like multiple shows in a couple cities. I'm remaining patient. I look at it if they tour here, cool, I'll be there rocking like a mother f*cker. If not, oh well, I can't chase em across the country as the funds don't allow, nor do I really want to when they can come here. At least I have ACL to look forward too. Better than the last tour. We got absolutely nothing.
    exactly... i waited it out last year when the east coast had their thing... and i wouldve done the same this year if they skipped chicago again... im just grateful its not completely east or west coast specific again... a red rocks show would help spread the love a little more too... maybe memphis and ATL too?...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    edited July 2009
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    This means that ben harper and eddie will play indifference together!! Hehehe im getting even more excited now.

And I havent heard bens band yet hope theyre good i bet they are.
    Oh good call, Kidd!!! What an awesome encore this will make!!!

Seriously, how am I supposed to get any work done between now and July 13 when I have successfully secured tix to both Seattle shows???

Watch Ben Harper & Relentless 7 here: http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lates ... tml?play=1
    Post edited by aNiMaL on
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    As a resident of Columbus, I am just wondering if this is what Pearl Jam will do as far as touring here on out. Either you have to go to a Festival, or live in the Northeast, the West Coast, or Chicago to catch a show. It is definitely frustrating. Hopefully the rumor of no tour in 2010 is not true, and they will do a full schedule and give some of us in-between people a chance to see a show. I understand some people live in the middle of nowhere and probably think we are lucky because if we wanted, at least we could drive 6-8 hours for a show, but like you said, we don't all have the time or money to do that, and hopefully, Pearl Jam will hit the road for real soon, and we can all see them. It is just a weird change, and I know they have families and all, but I was able to see them in '00, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07 with relative ease, but if they don't tour in 2010, I go from seeing them 5 straight years, to three straight years where they have played shows, but not anywhere closer than Chicago. I am not giving up, I just really hope this won't be the new style of Pearl Jam touring.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    wescaddle16wescaddle16 Posts: 106
    I had heard that there would be a third philadelphia show on the saturday the 31st of october as well???...i am from canada and had hoped to drive down for the halloween day show, so i wouldn't have to take a day off of work...will they be adding a third show in philly on this date???...does anyone know about this??? KAT PLEASE HELP!!! :roll:
    Montreal 08-20-1998
    Montreal 10-04-2000
    Montreal 06-29-2003
    New York City 07-09-2003
    Montreal 09-15-2005
    Toronto 09-19-2005
    Quebec City 09-20-2005
    Toronto 05-09-2006
    Hartford 05-13-2006
    Toronto 2009
    Hartford 2010
    Buffalo 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Options
    Fu ManchuFu Manchu Posts: 168
    This is great news, i won't be going across the pond but new dates are fricken great.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    iluvcats wrote:
    what???

no merriweather post pavillion in columbia, md? c'mon pearl jam, that's where i first fell in love with you 9/18/1998.

I was at the same show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    aNiMaL wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

And I havent heard bens band yet hope theyre good i bet they are.
    Oh good call, Kidd!!! What an awesome encore this will make!!!

Seriously, how am I supposed to get any work done between now and July 13 when I have successfully secured tix to both Seattle shows???

Watch Ben Harper & Relentless 7 here: http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lates ... tml?play=1

Sweet thanks ill check it out and learn a few of their songs before the show.

I also really hope for the encore Crazy Mary? I love their version of it and its a good encore song
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    sgossard3 wrote:
    .. a red rocks show would help spread the love a little more too... .

i would LOVE to catch PJ at red rocks ~ a total DREAM of mine!
    question tho - does red rocks still have concerts in october? what's their cut-off date for shows? i have no idea...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Please add Dallas to the list. That would make me so happy.
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    edited July 2009
    sgossard3 wrote:
    but the fact of the matter is the rest of the midwest is fuckin boring... would you ever want to spend more than 5 min in OH if there wasnt a PJ show there? theyd probably rather play places that fans can plan a vacation around then just play every rinky dink city

Just for the record, I have seen Pearl Jam play in Ohio in 2000, twice in 2003, once in 2004, and once in 2006, and every show has been sold out or as close to sold out as any other city they play. Columbus also ranks 16th in US city populations, ahead of Charlotte, Baltimore, Boston, Denver, Seattle, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Miami, etc.

If you want to make an ignorant comment about how boring it is in the midwest and how and people wouldn't want to spend more than 5 minutes in Ohio, you have a right to do that, people have a right to be ignorant. But, considering the attendance at previous shows in Ohio, as well as other places like Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, etc., to just completely drop the area between Philly and Chicago from your touring schedule, doesn't make munch sense. And people probably aren't planning vacations around places like Cinci, Cleveland, Columbus, Indy, Pittsburgh, Louisville, but if 15,000+ people are still coming to your shows there, why would you stop playing there?
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    .. a red rocks show would help spread the love a little more too... .

i would LOVE to catch PJ at red rocks ~ a total DREAM of mine!
    question tho - does red rocks still have concerts in october? what's their cut-off date for shows? i have no idea...
    ya know... thats a good point... probably not... if the gorge closes at the beginning of september then im sure red rocks is the same... keep dreaming :mrgreen:

• Options
    To all the negative "fans": Please don't come on this thread and piss in anyone's cheerios. No one cares that you are pissed off that PJ is not playing in your town and it's certainly not cool to say "f them". If you are at that point then don't be a "fan" anymore or please find the "bitching" thread to vent your frustrations (if you must). It would be great if PJ could make everyone could be happy but it's just not possible. Why don't you try to be in a band and do what they do for 20 years while also being true to your family? This is a band who reserves the right to do what they want. It is a business, like any, that can't meet every demand. Please...Let's keep this thread positive.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    To all the negative "fans": Please don't come on this thread and piss in anyone's cheerios. No one cares that you are pissed off that PJ is not playing in your town and it's certainly not cool to say "f them". If you are at that point then don't be a "fan" anymore or please find the "bitching" thread to vent your frustrations (if you must). It would be great if PJ could make everyone could be happy but it's just not possible. Why don't you try to be in a band and do what they do for 20 years while also being true to your family? This is a band who reserves the right to do what they want. It is a business, like any, that can't meet every demand. Please...Let's keep this thread positive.

AMEN BROTHER
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    but the fact of the matter is the rest of the midwest is fuckin boring... would you ever want to spend more than 5 min in OH if there wasnt a PJ show there? theyd probably rather play places that fans can plan a vacation around then just play every rinky dink city

Just for the record, I have seen Pearl Jam play in Ohio in 2000, twice in 2003, once in 2004, and once in 2006, and every show has been sold out or as close to sold out as any other city they play. Columbus also ranks 16th in US city populations, ahead of Charlotte, Baltimore, Boston, Denver, Seattle, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Miami, etc.

If you want to make an ignorant comment about how boring it is in the midwest and how and people wouldn't want to spend more than 5 minutes in Ohio, you have a right to do that, people have a right to be ignorant. But, considering the attendance at previous shows in Ohio, as well as other places like Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, etc., to just completely drop the area between Philly and Chicago from your touring schedule, doesn't make munch sense. And people probably aren't planning vacations around places like Cinci, Cleveland, Columbus, Indy, Pittsburgh, Louisville, but if 15,000+ people are still coming to your shows there, why would you stop playing there?
    good points... i guess my main point - opinions of your state aside - is you cant expect them to play smaller cities on what is already a small tour... its not like theyre playing any of those other cities you mentioned on this tour... not sure what san diegos population but that has personal meaning to ed... and that probably has alot to do with it... just going to places where the concerts have meant something to the band in the past... selling out shows doesnt necessarily mean the atmosphere was great

im sure if this ends up being a proper tour than theyll add some shows between chicago and philly... hold tight

• Options
    CR8757CR8757 Posts: 3
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:

THANK YOU for providing an insightful, intelligent response! Far from the point of the matter, but there are MLB ball parks, zoos, aquariums, amusement parks, boating, NFL, on and on and on. Ignorance frightens me but perhaps it provides others with peace. Columbus is a wonderful city and one of my fave shows was there as well. I'm from Dayton and was so sad when they canceled the Cincy show YEARS ago due to Riverbend being flooded. Previous Riverbend show was my fave all time!!!!!!!!

And yes I can "expect" them to play smaller cities (although many we mentioned are NOT SMALL) at least every few years. If they truly appreciate their fans, they owe that to them. For me, hearing/ seeing them perform live is the best of the best and I shouldn't have to take a vacation and spend hundreds of dollars to make that happen once every 5 years or so.
    Casey
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Yippee! PJ in Philly! Yippee :D I was looking foward to looking foward to something since before July 3rd. Ah! It's like love is in the air!

LOVE IS IN THE AIR (John Paul Young)

Love is in the air
    Everywhere I look around
    Love is in the air
    Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish
    Don't know if I'm being wise
    But it's something that I must believe in
    And it's there when I look in your eyes

Love is in the air
    In the whisper of the trees
    Love is in the air
    In the thunder of the sea

And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
    Don't know if I feel sane
    And it's there when you call out my name

(Chorus)
    Love is in the air
    Love is in the air
    Oh oh oh
    Oh oh oh

Love is in the air
    In the rising of the sun
    Love is in the air
    When the day is nearly done

And I don't know if you're an illusion
    Don't know if I see it true
    But you're something that I must believe in
    And you're there when I reach out for you

Love is in the air
    Every sight and every sound
    And I don't know if I'm being foolish
    Don't know if I'm being wise

And it's there when I look in your eyes

http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/ll14.shtml
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    goatspergoatsper Posts: 34
    who's opening in toronto and in philly?
  • Options
    MRSDMRSD Posts: 12
    Any feedback on the Gibson Amp vs Viajas Areana in San Diego? Looks like Gibson is much smaller. I live in SD. Assumng I can get tickets should I head up to LA?
  • Options
    PJ5566PJ5566 New Jersey Posts: 16
    So pumped for Philly, can't wait for Oct!!
  • Options
    CR8757 wrote:
    THANK YOU for providing an insightful, intelligent response! Far from the point of the matter, but there are MLB ball parks, zoos, aquariums, amusement parks, boating, NFL, on and on and on. Ignorance frightens me but perhaps it provides others with peace. Columbus is a wonderful city and one of my fave shows was there as well. I'm from Dayton and was so sad when they canceled the Cincy show YEARS ago due to Riverbend being flooded. Previous Riverbend show was my fave all time!!!!!!!!

And yes I can "expect" them to play smaller cities (although many we mentioned are NOT SMALL) at least every few years. If they truly appreciate their fans, they owe that to them. For me, hearing/ seeing them perform live is the best of the best and I shouldn't have to take a vacation and spend hundreds of dollars to make that happen once every 5 years or so.
    blame it on ignorance all ya want... ive spent enough time in OH to have an informed opinion... and i dont live in the state so im not biased... if it makes you feel better 90% of IL sucks too

oh... cedar point is fun though :P

• Options
    PN3987PN3987 Portland, OR Posts: 34
    Woo Hoo Seattle here I come.
  • Options
    So how long do you have to have been a Ten Club member to do presales again? I think I've been a member since May. Also what if you use another family members credit card (same last name)?
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    sReally dude like where, Chicago :roll: . Only reason they are hitting there is because Ed's from the area, doubt it's to be on Oprah or to surf Lake Michigan. What about NYC? So much for large city theory. I hope you were being sarcastic in your commentary because it's total bullshit about them being too huge to play a real tour. They teamed up with Targee to ensure income and they make it in smaller cities, maybe more so because of the lower costs to stay there. Hell, the Stones were 20 years older and did a full WORLD tour in 05, as did Bruce Springsteen this year, and U2 to name three older and bigger off the top of my head. (By bigger I mean larger fan base, not better). Even Paul McCartney plays more shows (also touring this year) and I highly doubt he needs the cash and is hitting all the one trick pony towns you suggest are beneath them. This spiffy preppie shit wasn't part of the Pearl Jam community I remember and certainly not what they stood for in the past. They may have their reasons for so few dates, but I prefer to think none of the ones you mentioned are any of them.

I'm really glad Seattle's getting their shows this year and it looks like Down Under's on the list too - good on ya! Hope everyone gets tickets to the shows of their choices.

Yeah, Chicago. It's a fucking awesome city!

Anyway, easy tiger. I was making a joke. Plus, I'm still kinda bitter about having to leave a cool city like Chicago for a shithole like Cleveland.

As to the dinosaurs you mentioned, I believe most of them either 1) don't have kids or 2) if they do, they were grown up and gone at the time they did these massive world tours. Ed's got toddlers and several of the others also have young children to spend time with. If they don't feel like touring because they financially don't have to and would rather spend time with their families, who are you and I to bitch about it?
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Rubysdad wrote:
    At this time, there are no more North American dates to be added to the current tour. However, keep your eyes on the horizon ... Australia and New Zealand are next. Details to come soon.

When? Today? Tomorrow? Next week?

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH! ;):)
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    whitepants wrote:
    Hailing from Michigan, I refuse to believe this is IT for Pearl Jam's North American tour in support of their NEW album. I refuse!

They must come to Detroit, and I mean Detroit Rock City, not AuburnfuckingHills before Xmas 09. That's all Whitepants is going to say on this issue.

:ugeek:

They should play the fox theatre a few nights... the tragically hip tore shit up in there a few months ago, and I think PJ could do some seriously epic shows in a venue that cool. But I agree. fuck Auburn hill and pine knob.
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    TS164310 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    (Note: Potential additional dates and corresponding on-sale information may be announced at a later date.)

At this time, there are no more North American dates to be added to the current tour. However, keep your eyes on the horizon ... Australia and New Zealand are next. Details to come soon.

good ole ten club

yeah what does this mean? potential additional dates, but no more north american dates to the current tour? does this rule out halloween?

very confused :?

I bet they want to sell ou thte mid week shows first then announce all the weekend ones next
This discussion has been closed.