Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    edited July 2009
    Flagg wrote:
    And that is really, really lame and lazy.

2006 was SORT OF a full blown tour. But not really. It was mostly a few shows on one coast and a few shows on the other coast. Look at the 2003 dates. THAT was a fucking tour.

Yeah, the Riot Act tour was the last real tour this band has done. They may have played a lot shows in 2006 but they were mostly rollover dates on the East and West coast and some opening slots for Tom Petty and then off to Europe.

I can never figure why they can't just do a tour like every one else. It is their job!

Eh, I don't blame them. I mean, they're all pretty financially sound by this point I imagine. And if I had the luxury, I sure as hell wouldn't work full-time either ;) They got families and shit... so it goes. I just think it's time people start admitting that this band is not going to do a full-on tour of the south or the west (not the coast, the upper midwest and great plains, etc) again... it's hard on them and it's not a big moneymaker. You wanna see cool bands instead of a bunch of shitty country acts and washed up 60s-70s rockers doing the county fair circuit... move to a real city ;)
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    Seriously...it's bad enough Texas hasn't had a real PJ concert in 6+ years, but when we got the horse/saddle tweet I thought for sure we'd get some shows........but it was just a tease.
    Aren't they playing Austin on October 4th? That's what the tour link from the home page says anyhow...

That's the ACL festival...I don't consider it a "real" PJ concert

True, festivals are very different from a "real" concert... but nonetheless, I am taking the opportunity to see them in Calgary at the Virgin Festival! So an appearance is still an appearance!

Can't wait for Seattle though!!! I'm off to make sure my passports are ready to go!

And as for the Announcement of "North American Tour" I don't think they'd go ahead and call it a tour if that was all they were announcing. I'm thinking more dates will be added later and they would have called it a US Tour if they had no intentions of making it to Canada! I'm looking forward to more news!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    i'll be at the LA shows. would've like to see them at the SB Bowl, but i guess they could add a show later?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    edited July 2009
    the south and most of the midwest was skipped in 2006!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    THANKS PJ and 10C !! Over the moon !!!! Can't wait !! Looks like I'll be choosing Seattle x 2 , LA 4 , followed quickly by ACL , and all Philly . Limits the number of vacation days necessary so I use my remaining to go southbound and down when Oz is announced.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    So wait, can't we get a pricelist? Like how much are these maherfahers going to run the kid here? Or did I miss something?
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I am 100% behind everything about this round of 10c ticketing.

the staggering, advance notice, and the 1-2, 9-10 lotteries.

Nice job!

What about making us hit refresh on the hammered server to find out? Use the twitter account to tweet the tour dates on a server where people can actually see it. I couldn't get through till 20 minutes after the announcement. It's 2009, it shouldn't have to be this way. Lo-fi.

Thinking about LA but don't know whether to trust that there won't be any more North American dates...think I'll just wait till next year and go see other bands this time around. Good luck to everyone trying for tickets!

Melissa
  • Options
    OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    Elzar wrote:
    LA is scalper's paradise.....we can be sure that when the public onsale goes on at Ticketmaster, they will somehow be instantly sold out and we will be pointed in the direction of the always helpful StubHub and TicketsNOW - but TM is just trying to help :)

So anyone know if the SD show is on the Viejas Indian Reservation?

It was Cox Arena at San Diego State University renamed Viejas
    http://www.10news.com/news/18951944/detail.html
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ragejoe wrote:
    so 2010,,,,,,,what left???????a proper in europe,,and......SOUTH F****N AMERICA...thats my next one after Europe this August :D:D:D :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen::mrgreen: :!: :!: :!:

Judging by the sound of the crowd on all the Boots... A South America Show would be quite an experience
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0oiW2wQ1c
    no comment my friend..best fans ever!!!!!!!!!! i want to feel it ,,ill go there no matter what,,i prefer that, than play in my back yard,, :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    brainjambrainjam Posts: 51
    There is also a large gap in time prior to the Philly shows so there is a good possibility of more shows to be added in different cities.
    "If Hope Could Grow From Dirt Like Me, It Can Be Done."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    bradhos wrote:
    im sure a Halloween show will be added for sat. probably ticketmaster only tho right? any costume ideas?

p.s. tired of people complaining out there, move to philly or suck it up!!!

If I moved to Philly I'd be complaining about a lot more...it just wouldn't be about Pearl Jam concerts :lol:

Haha! traveled to philly for the shows in '06...never again.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    rock fan goes online to check out the concerts at the Gibson Amp and sees normal patterns for bands playing there (1 show or 2 - 3 shows with maybe one blank date in between) and then sees PJ scheduled on wed/thurs and then again for the following week on tues/wed. said fan blinks and thinks "WTF?" :lol:

I may have to pay my brother another visit in LA.. ;)
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    If you had a choice of any of the west coast shows, which one would you go to? Which would potentially be the greatest show? I have my ideas but want your opinions. I need to decide. Thanks!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so happy you're getting shows... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:[/quote]
    norm where are u?no shows in your area? :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    LMAO. I saw "Tour" and got my hopes up. 4 cities is a tour now? That's funny.

Wayne Newton has been doing a North American tour for the past 25 years by these standards.
  • Options
    Wolf At BayWolf At Bay Posts: 236
    edited July 2009
    Flagg wrote:
    Keep dreamin. The days of a full blown national tour are over. They haven't done it since 2003.
    And that is really, really lame and lazy.

2006 was SORT OF a full blown tour. But not really. It was mostly a few shows on one coast and a few shows on the other coast. Look at the 2003 dates. THAT was a fucking tour.

Yeah, the Riot Act tour was the last real tour this band has done. They may have played a lot shows in 2006 but they were mostly rollover dates on the East and West coast and some opening slots for Tom Petty and then off to Europe.

I can never figure why they can't just do a tour like every one else. It is their job!
    Yeah, either tour more, or more records. Or both. Or like, a compromise: A few EPs inbetween albums, and a few extra shows here and there. They say creativity is like a muscle, you have to work it to keep it at full strength.
    Post edited by Wolf At Bay on
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Great news for lots of you North American jammers. Shame it's not a bigger tour but it's better than a kick in the nuts with steel toe capped boots. I am sure more dates will be added soon and the love will be shared.

At least you know you can get extra beers before the show knowing that nothing exciting will happen with Ben Harper supporting. He is very talented but he has bored me to tears twice now (Chili Peppers support and Wireless Festival in London). But then again the majority of people won't complain with no support, even if a guy comes on just playing the spoons!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    pjrainloverpjrainlover Posts: 105
    Oct 9th!!! My birthday!! Woooo hoooooo!! might skip out on Chicago and buy ticket to San Diego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me, too!! : )
    xoxo
    “Going to a Pearl Jam concert is like going to church for a lot of fans. There is a synergy with Pearl Jam for fans.”

"Everyone should have at least one passion in life, and they should pursue it with all their might. My passion is music by Pearl Jam."

"If music doesn’t lift up your soul, if it doesn’t make you grateful that you’re alive, then you probably aren’t alive."

• Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    thunderDAN wrote:
    LMAO. I saw "Tour" and got my hopes up. 4 cities is a tour now? That's funny.

Wayne Newton has been doing a North American tour for the past 25 years by these standards.
    :lol: No joke.
  • Options
    Hooray!!! This is AWESOME news!!!
    ...master of karate and friendship for everyone!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Elzar wrote:
    No. As per my previous post, Viejas Arena is formerly known as Cox Arena and it is located on the SDSU campus.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    pjrainloverpjrainlover Posts: 105
    can't they throw a dallas show in there between LA and austin? um, please?
    “Going to a Pearl Jam concert is like going to church for a lot of fans. There is a synergy with Pearl Jam for fans.”

"Everyone should have at least one passion in life, and they should pursue it with all their might. My passion is music by Pearl Jam."

"If music doesn’t lift up your soul, if it doesn’t make you grateful that you’re alive, then you probably aren’t alive."

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Elzar wrote:
    No. As per my previous post, Viejas Arena is formerly known as Cox Arena and it is located on the SDSU campus.

hey mer! good to see you again! you must be stoked about this sd show! congrats!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Any speculation on an opening act for Philly?
    Or you think "evening with Pearl Jam?"
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Elzar wrote:

hey mer! good to see you again! you must be stoked about this sd show! congrats!

Hi you! How are ya? Yes I am happy about the show of course. But now comes the time to stress about tix, money etc. LOL!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    aNiMaL wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Where is Animal?
    I am here, brotha!! I was in a little too much shock to post anything for a minute. Had to read every word and soak it in.

I am WAAAAAAY Happy.

Im SOOOOO happy you are finally getting some hometown shows! I wish I could make it! :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    So this is the place they played in 10/3 2005 for one show??
    Wachovia Center is this the same place?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    No, same complex, different building
    But that show was AWESOME
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796

No, it's literally right next door.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    can't they throw a dallas show in there between LA and austin? um, please?

Yeah! I'll even buy W a ticket so he can come rock out with us!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13