Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

Comments

• Options
    RH9468RH9468 Posts: 14
    tatt00u wrote:
    I have a question about the crowds these days. I haven't seen PJ since the Vitalogy tour. I am taking my 14 year old son to the first show in Seattle. What are the crowds like these days? Is a 14 year old going to be okay?

You're kid will be fine....it will be a good experience for him. Crowd is older - but still plenty of energy. Compared to other bands - the crowd is the coolest in the world...right guys and girls?
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Most definitely the kid will be fine. Gone are the days of General Admission and mosh pits, at least in the US for the non festival shows. Usually tons of security, both the venue's and PJ's own personal security peeps looking out for the crowd. However be prepared for a frank discussion about that "funny smell" and those "cigarettes" people are passing around.
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    I took my then 12 yr old son last year to his first show. We sat in the 10c section and he had an incredible time and the folks around us were great. We're going to Philly in October and he can't wait.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    I took my then 12 yr old son last year to his first show. We sat in the 10c section and he had an incredible time and the folks around us were great. We're going to Philly in October and he can't wait.
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So....

Is there going to be a Halloween show in Philly or WHAT?!?!?!?! :? :? :? :?

I'm so hoping NYC for Halloween.....praying, wishing, chanting.......
    There's gotta be a handfull of dates missing here. Love to see them in Boston, but it can't just be Philly.....Rumors are Beacon Theater...... :idea:
  • Options
    jdsseujdsseu Austin, TX Posts: 51
    Hey guys and gals just wondering if their was anyone out their that has an extra seat to the October 7th Gibson Theater show. I bought San Diego so if anyone is willing to exchange one 10c LA gibson 10/7 ticket for one 10c San Diego 10/9 ticket send me a PM. Thanks
    Houston, TX - 10/14/00
    San Antonio, TX - 04/05/03,Houston, TX - 04/06/03,Dallas, TX - 06/09/03
    Toledo, OH (VFC) - 10/02/04,Grand Rapids, MI (VFC) - 10/03/04
    Manchester, TN (Bonnaroo) - 06/14/08
    San Francisco, CA (Outside Lands) - 08/28/09, Austin, TX (ACL Fest) 10/04/09 Los Angeles, CA - 10/07/09,San Diego, CA - 10/09/09
    New Orleans, LA (Jazz Fest) - 05/01/10
    East Troy, WI (PJ20) - 09/03/11,East Troy, WI (PJ20) - 09/04/11
    Austin, TX 11/09/12 (EV only), Austin, TX 11/11/12 (EV only)
    Austin, TX 10/05/14 (ACL), Austin, TX 10/12/14 (ACL)
    Seattle, WA 08/08/18 (Home Shows), Seattle, WA 08/10/18 (Home Shows)
    Hamilton, ON 09/06/22, Toronto, ON 09/08/22, Denver, CO 09/22/22

• Options
    So....

Is there going to be a Halloween show in Philly or WHAT?!?!?!?! :? :? :? :?

I'm so hoping NYC for Halloween.....praying, wishing, chanting.......
    There's gotta be a handfull of dates missing here. Love to see them in Boston, but it can't just be Philly.....Rumors are Beacon Theater...... :idea:
    :D i hope u all this happen!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KF123755KF123755 Posts: 1
    I received it on good authority this morning that PJ is indeed adding two additional Philly Spectrum shows, 10/27 and the Halloween show on 10/31. The 10/31 show should be a sight for the ages and the concert should be great as well
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I made a thread about this, but damn, it's going to get lost in all the overly shitty threads being started every 20 seconds ... anyway ... just dropping info for people that may want it ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Just got this blast from the folks at Outside Lands for those coming to see PJ ...

Kimpton Hotels - Outside Lands Music Festival Kimpton Hotels are offering concert attendees a 25% discount on rooms booked for Outside Lands Music Festival. Rate code: OLF

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/hotels/hot ... cisco.aspx

Joie de Vivre Hotels are offering Outside Lands Music Festival attendees a 25% discount on rooms booked during the Festival. Reserve a Joie de Vivre discounted hotel room.

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/festival/hotels.php

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/area ... oCode=LAND
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    tatt00u wrote:
    I have a question about the crowds these days. I haven't seen PJ since the Vitalogy tour. I am taking my 14 year old son to the first show in Seattle. What are the crowds like these days? Is a 14 year old going to be okay?

he'll be fine. the Seattle shows will be reserved seatsing, so as long as you dont mind the presence of beer and possible smoke around him, it will be fine. you should make him wear earplugs though.

there are people here who want to bring their infants to the shows, which is insane and pointless, IMO.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,904
    bump for some philly night 3 loving!
  • Options
    tatt00u wrote:
    in europe show the things are hard,,in usa more cool,,all have seats..europe standings..
  • Options
    jaimelynjaimelyn Posts: 44
    Okay....seriously, I feel like this tour is making me nutty.

I'm starting to become obsessed checking this site multiple times a day for updates on any new shows (bostonbostonboston?). Now, I don't know if it's lack of sleep coupled with sheer annoyance, but I am now trying to pressure myself into buying a weekend away in Philly and tickets to one, maybe two shows. How could I miss the opportunity to see band members in halloween masks? When will this torture end?

That is all. End rant. :?
  • Options
    ML78460ML78460 Posts: 1
    does anyone know who will be opening for PJ in philly? email me @ <!-- e --><a href="mailto:aroundtheleague@gmail.com">aroundtheleague@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->

thanks

i know i was born....
    ...and i know i will die....
    ........the in between is MINE!!!
  • Options
    ML78460 wrote:
    does anyone know who will be opening for PJ in philly? email me @ <!-- e --><a href="mailto:aroundtheleague@gmail.com">aroundtheleague@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->

thanks

i know i was born....
    ...and i know i will die....
    ........the in between is MINE!!!
    great 1th post.. :D
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    And how about Toronto? who will be the opener? Please give us Ben Harper and the R7.......please.....
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options
    And how about Toronto? who will be the opener? Please give us Ben Harper and the R7.......please.....
    lishen to this person,,got a point :D
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    jaimelyn wrote:

I'm starting to become obsessed checking this site multiple times a day for updates on any new shows (bostonbostonboston?). Now, I don't know if it's lack of sleep coupled with sheer annoyance, but I am now trying to pressure myself into buying a weekend away in Philly and tickets to one, maybe two shows. How could I miss the opportunity to see band members in halloween masks? When will this torture end?

I hear ya. I ended up pricing through Expedia what the difference would be going to Philly against going to Seattle. You may find this hard to believe, but Seattle was a little CHEAPER!! So...... I'm goin' to Seattle.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    morgie2 wrote:
    jaimelyn wrote:

I hear ya. I ended up pricing through Expedia what the difference would be going to Philly against going to Seattle. You may find this hard to believe, but Seattle was a little CHEAPER!! So...... I'm goin' to Seattle.
    no boston?u think will not be any date :?:
  • Options
    morgie2 wrote:
    jaimelyn wrote:

I actually do see some hope for it, but we've been a little spoiled on the East Coast what with 2 shows in Mansfield last year and 2 Eddie solo shows in Boston last year and 2 in Albany this year. I could forsee them skipping the East like they skipped the west in 08, so I'm not takin' any chances. Besides, I needed to make 1 "pilgimmage" to Seattle, why not now ;)
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options

I actually do see some hope for it, but we've been a little spoiled on the East Coast what with 2 shows in Mansfield last year and 2 Eddie solo shows in Boston last year and 2 in Albany this year. I could forsee them skipping the East like they skipped the west in 08, so I'm not takin' any chances. Besides, I needed to make 1 "pilgimmage" to Seattle, why not now ;)[/quote][/quote]
    If i remember well Boston is almost always in,,was a surprise that i didnt see it in the tour ;)
  • Options
    If i remember well Boston is almost always in,,was a surprise that i didnt see it in the tour ;)[/quote]

Yea, no East Coast except Philly, but hopefully that'll change.
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Thank you for not announcing these shows all at once. Now I will not be going to any, and I'm not the only one. Way to screw over your fans. And the show on the 31st was rumored for the get go. Hire some competent management. Thanks.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    I hope you are right Dimitri, they almost always play Boston but we have been spoiled! I just wish they would post soon so I could plan accordingly.

And morgie have fun in Seattle! I can't believe it's cheaper than Philly, nice. I'm going to wait to see if Boston is announced and then go from there. :)
  • Options
    jaimelyn wrote:
    morgie have fun in Seattle! I can't believe it's cheaper than Philly, nice. I'm going to wait to see if Boston is announced and then go from there. :)

Thanks, I can't wait !!
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    If I had the vacation time and cash, I would have jumped at Seattle. I will make it to a show there someday. For now I am ecstatic to get my PJ fix in Philly on the 30th, and if I am very lucky, to get tickets to any other East Coast shows announced.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    If I had the vacation time and cash, I would have jumped at Seattle. I will make it to a show there someday. For now I am ecstatic to get my PJ fix in Philly on the 30th, and if I am very lucky, to get tickets to any other East Coast shows announced.

I almost did the Hawaii shows in 2006 when they opened for U2. I regretted very much not doing that, so this year in the Holy Land ;).
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    morgie2 wrote:
    FoxyMHMama wrote:

I almost did the Hawaii shows in 2006 when they opened for U2. I regretted very much not doing that, so this year in the Holy Land ;).

Me too! So bummed I didn't go to Hawaii. Next time. :D
  • Options
    jaimelyn wrote:
    I hope you are right Dimitri, they almost always play Boston but we have been spoiled! I just wish they would post soon so I could plan accordingly.

And morgie have fun in Seattle! I can't believe it's cheaper than Philly, nice. I'm going to wait to see if Boston is announced and then go from there. :)
    i hope they do the boston,,and all the people i meet here and jam haven are so cool and polite...so one for the bostonians(dont know if there is such a word)..play boston!!!!!!!
  • Options
    superj72superj72 Posts: 129
    I got word from a 100% reliable source there is at least one (two??) more west coast shows tba... Sigh. I love living on the best coast.
This discussion has been closed.