Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    LukinFan said:

I just put on Jack White's second solo album for the first time (I'm new to vinyl). The album is played in reverse?! Crazy! I didn't know that was possible.

Did you get see the angel hologram yet?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

I just put on Jack White's second solo album for the first time (I'm new to vinyl). The album is played in reverse?! Crazy! I didn't know that was possible.

I've heard about it, but haven't tried it out yet. I think I saw some where that I need to hold a flashlight over the center of it - is that right?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

I've heard about it, but haven't tried it out yet. I think I saw some where that I need to hold a flashlight over the center of it - is that right?
    Maybe that works better but I don't think it's necessary. You just gotta move your head around a little bit to catch the right angle, presuming you have a ceiling light on (vs a lamp off to the side).
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

Maybe that works better but I don't think it's necessary. You just gotta move your head around a little bit to catch the right angle, presuming you have a ceiling light on (vs a lamp off to the side).
    Cool. I'm assuming it's a single track and not the whole album?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    LukinFan said:

mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

It's always there no matter which song is playing (on one side at least... can't recall if it's only on one side or both)... I haven't managed to see it myself, but I didn't try very hard at all... I think I was drunk when I did too, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    PJ_Soul said:

LukinFan said:

mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

It's always there no matter which song is playing (on one side at least... can't recall if it's only on one side or both)... I haven't managed to see it myself, but I didn't try very hard at all... I think I was drunk when I did too, lol.
    You probably would have seen two then! :)

It's there, but yeah you have to have some light and move your head around to catch the right angle.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

mrussel1 said:

LukinFan said:

Use the flashlight on your iPhone if you have one. Works perfectly.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Nothing doing today?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    So the Get Behind Me Satan (black) LP release.... is the one selling on the TMR site different from this one on Amazon.ca?? Obviously the covers are different, or are according to the amazon photo anyway. Is this a legit version?? It does say that the label is TMR and the release date shows as Nov 25, 2016, but.... https://www.amazon.ca/Get-Behind-Me-Satan-Vinyl/dp/B00URMML94/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1480354708&sr=1-1&keywords=get+behind+me+satan+vinyl
    (and once it got to the checkout stage the proper cover showed in the thumbnail)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    The one on Amazon.ca is a photo of the original promo and not correct. It was the only version that was out there until the RSD version came along last year.
  • Options
    Thanks. Well then, I think $26 CAD is a great deal for GBMS!

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    They just tweeted this:

Unfortunately the last novelties of the month will be postponed. We will tweet when the novelties are going up for sale this week.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Wonder if the 30% off had something to do with that.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    JK_Livin said:

Wonder if the 30% off had something to do with that.

I would bet yes. Or just really busy because of that sale.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

I'd be cautious. It's listed as an import. The official black doesn't get released until end of year, and the ASIN isn't in discogs from what I can tell. Also the ASIN from the new release is different at least for Amazon US. It may be an unofficial copy.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    I got my grab bag today!

Got this
    photo IMG_4105_zpshi5ow6eh.jpg
  • Options

I got my grab bag today!

Got this
    photo IMG_4105_zpshi5ow6eh.jpg

Nice!
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    That's pretty cool as they don't even show that black/blue spilt in Discogs...What is the TMR No.?
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    cjzoly said:

That's pretty cool as they don't even show that black/blue spilt in Discogs...What is the TMR No.?

TMR-176, yea the black/blue split needs to be added to Discogs.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'd be cautious. It's listed as an import. The official black doesn't get released until end of year, and the ASIN isn't in discogs from what I can tell. Also the ASIN from the new release is different at least for Amazon US. It may be an unofficial copy.
    Well, too late now. It did say that the label is TMR, and wasn't the release date Friday? That's why TMR is also selling it right now, so I'm not sure where you got the end of the year release date. ?? It was a black Friday release I thought. I assume import means from the USA, since it's Amazon Canada... :confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, too late now. It did say that the label is TMR, and wasn't the release date Friday? That's why TMR is also selling it right now, so I'm not sure where you got the end of the year release date. ?? It was a black Friday release I thought. I assume import means from the USA, since it's Amazon Canada... :confused:
    I wasn't sure when the released as I have the RSD. But according to amazon us, it's end of year. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010B796P6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480388892&sr=8-1&pi=CB192198896_AA75_QL70&keywords=get+behind+me+satan+vinyl

Import could mean US, for sure.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I wasn't sure when the released as I have the RSD. But according to amazon us, it's end of year. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010B796P6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480388892&sr=8-1&pi=CB192198896_AA75_QL70&keywords=get+behind+me+satan+vinyl

The .ca vendor is rarewaves-US though. The .com sale is direct from amazon it looks like. I'm going to just hope that rarewaves just did a good job of getting the Nov. 25th release right away, while Amazon did a bad job as usual. Rarewaves is a pretty massive amazon and eBay seller, so I'm not overly worried about it. I'd be surprised if they decided to spit a bootleg out on amazon the same day the real thing was released. Hope not, anyway! I'd just return it of it were a fake.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

The .ca vendor is rarewaves-US though. The .com sale is direct from amazon it looks like. I'm going to just hope that rarewaves just did a good job of getting the Nov. 25th release right away, while Amazon did a bad job as usual. Rarewaves is a pretty massive amazon and eBay seller, so I'm not overly worried about it. I'd be surprised if they decided to spit a bootleg out on amazon the same day the real thing was released. Hope not, anyway! I'd just return it of it were a fake.
    I did not realize it was released the 25th. I really should get it so I don't wear out the red/white. I love this album. It's bizarre that Amazon won't have it until year end. I'm sure you made the right call, especially since they are a big dealer which I didn't realize.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Rarewaves are pretty decent.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,586
    The last sale of November Vault Novelties will be hitting the online shop in 5...4...3...2...
  • Options
    Other than the score Chris got in the bundle, this has been pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,586
    Yup. That was lame. A year or two ago I scored The Dead Weather - Sea of Coward black/yellow split vinyl and The Dead Weather - Live at TMR black/blue 12" from Vault #5.
  • Options
    RW8297 said:

Yup. That was lame. A year or two ago I scored The Dead Weather - Sea of Coward black/yellow split vinyl and The Dead Weather - Live at TMR black/blue 12" from Vault #5.

Those are major ISO's of mine, tough to get that old TMR stuff.
  • Options
    Missed it yesterday but would've liked the DW. My niece just moved to Nashville. I asked her to pop in from time to time to try and score a tricolor for me.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Massively disappointed with the Vault Novelties store, nothing very interesting, priced highly and postage to Europe ridiculous.