Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    listening to it the other day, I could hear Jack say "let's try that one again!" and he did it twice in a row, but the second time it was acoustically. didn't know he did it a third time!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    He actually stops "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" because he wants to play something else. And when he finishes that, goes back to IJDKWTDWM. Pretty cool!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    boyo79 said:

RobbyD462 said:

I think it's because its a compilation of the three shows they played down in Brazil in 2005 but still.
    We were like "didnt we just listen to that song?" lol

It's just the one show

Really why would they play the song three times then,especially that one.
    This is the reason why Meg plays drums lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    Got my shipping notification this morning.
  • djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    Got mine in the mail two days ago... Haven't had a chance to hear it yet (social calendar has been stupid busy the last few days...Really just want ONE night alone when I can sit down and listen to this)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I can't get over how amazing the packaging has been on the last two vaults. I hope this continues for all future releases. Its top notch
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Any guesses as to what the next vault will be? With the release of Get Behind Me Satan on RSD, hoping it's a nice GBMS package.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited March 2015
    I could go for something a little different. Like not the White Stripes or Jack White at all.... someone else who he deems worthy of a cool vault release (and that would mean I've probably never heard of them, lol, but that it would be good). Barring that, I wouldn't mind something related to the Raconteurs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I've been on a heavy Raconteurs kick lately, so I could go for that, too. Probably my favorite of all the Jack-White-infused projects.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I'd guess 23 was sort of a GBMS Vault and that the next package won't be related.

Not sure what would keep me in for the next quarter. I've about got my fill of live releases and almost all the non-JW releases have been worthless to me. I liked that Singles Comps and the Greenhornes ep, but that about it. Already have 2 live records from WS, Racs and JW and I'm not a huge DW fan.

DewieCox said:

I'd guess 23 was sort of a GBMS Vault and that the next package won't be related.

Not sure what would keep me in for the next quarter. I've about got my fill of live releases and almost all the non-JW releases have been worthless to me. I liked that Singles Comps and the Greenhornes ep, but that about it. Already have 2 live records from WS, Racs and JW and I'm not a huge DW fan.

Sounds like you might be officially maxed out as far as the TMR Vaults go!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I agree that the constant live stuff is getting a bit exhausting, for me anyway. But I guess when one comes out every three months, whatcha gonna do?

www.headstonesband.com

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    PJ_Soul said:

I could go for something a little different. Like not the White Stripes or Jack White at all.... someone else who he deems worthy of a cool vault release (and that would mean I've probably never heard of them, lol, but that it would be good). Barring that, I wouldn't mind something related to the Raconteurs.

A Raconteurs or DW set would be nice. I just really enjoy how everything he does has a different sound, from the Raconteurs, DW, WS and solo material.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

A Raconteurs or DW set would be nice. I just really enjoy how everything he does has a different sound, from the Raconteurs, DW, WS and solo material.
    Yeah, long overdue for a new Raconteurs album.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    jervin007 said:

JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sounds like for the Ranonteurs, it has just been hard for them to all get in the same place to do another record. Would be nice after the new dead weather later this year.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

jervin007 said:

JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sounds like for the Ranonteurs, it has just been hard for them to all get in the same place to do another record. Would be nice after the new dead weather later this year.
    When the other guys run out of money would be my guess.
    Brendan Benson solo career hasn't really taken off.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Haha, very funny..... I hope....
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    I love this album, have a digital copy, but can't justify dropping $60 for a vinyl copy.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    haha all the whining about too much live stuff, look what you did! You screwed us!

I will take live Stripes, JW, DW, Raconteurs over this any day.

Can't be an April Fools joke cause how would that make Loretta Lynn feel?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    scurtis said:

haha all the whining about too much live stuff, look what you did! You screwed us!

I will take live Stripes, JW, DW, Raconteurs over this any day.

Can't be an April Fools joke cause how would that make Loretta Lynn feel?

You always melt down the record and sell it for scrap gold.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

WTF, I honestly thought that was an April Fool's joke.... Why would TMR Vault subscribers want something so insanely country?? ... Well, perhaps there are a few?? .... Seriously, this couldn't be real. A fucking rose lapel pin?? I still don't believe it.... I already fucking paid for Vault 24 because I had a new card to enter, and just never expected the vault to suck this much. :(
    Well, I guess I can sell it.
    I am surprisingly disappointed right now.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited April 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

WTF, I honestly thought that was an April Fool's joke.... Why would TMR Vault subscribers want something so insanely country?? ... Well, perhaps there are a few?? .... Seriously, this couldn't be real. A fucking rose lapel pin?? I still don't believe it.... I already fucking paid for Vault 24 because I had a new card to enter, and just never expected the vault to suck this much. :(

The shitty thing, and the thing I learned early on....these non Jack Vaults don't hold their value. Good luck getting your money back out if it. A cool color isn't enough to save a turd like this.

I wasn't complaining about the live stuff, just saying I have my fill and it was something I kinda anticipated from the get go. There's just not enough unique, interesting material to pump a truly special package out every three months. i think ditching the Singles compilation every year was a mistake, from that standpoint.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
    I quit the Vault before the last White Stripes Amazon release.
    I was a member since day one.
    Seems like the quality of live shows were becoming a little suspect.
    I have a bootleg from the first White Stripes show that I saw- Sept 2001 Asheville NC that would blow away most of the live stuff that has been officially released thru the vault. I enjoyed the Raconteurs show because I was at the concert but the Stripes stuff has been falling flat.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

jack loves nashville country. that vault is no joke. I better be quick and cancel my membership.

www.headstonesband.com

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I might have to pass on this one. I'm sure its a good record, but I definitely have other albums I can buy with that $60.
    PJ:

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    Finally I can quit!
    Thanks JW :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

Poor Lo-Retta
    she was born a coal miner's daughter...
    now she's gotta take abuse from all you vinyl hipsters :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    Now...
    DewieCox said:

PJ_Soul said:

The shitty thing, and the thing I learned early on....these non Jack Vaults don't hold their value. Good luck getting your money back out if it. A cool color isn't enough to save a turd like this.

I wasn't complaining about the live stuff, just saying I have my fill and it was something I kinda anticipated from the get go. There's just not enough unique, interesting material to pump a truly special package out every three months. i think ditching the Singles compilation every year was a mistake, from that standpoint.
    Yeah I know, I meant no malice, was just goofing around.

Like PJ_Soul, I'm kinda still in shock about this one. I cancelled my membership in case I forgot later this month.

They won't all be good, but 3 of the last 4 have been. Was hoping for a DW one, but likely with the release of their new album that will be the next one. A special pressing of the new album is my guess.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    I actually emailed TMR to ask how strict they are about not refunding after you've paid already, lol. I also asked them how intense they are about their little "no flipping" rule. Because I want to flip this thing for sure, but apparently they look for that kind of thing and will cancel your subscription for life if caught. ??? Surely they don't care when someone is selling just because they hate the item...
    I'm not soured on the Vault subscription... but this one stings particularly bad, probably because I hold a special kind of hate for country music, and didn't realize that JW would force it upon us. :tongue: