Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,054
    Elephant era 7" singles available at TMR.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    FrankieG said:

Sarava wrote: »

Hey guys. Without having to read 56 pages of this thread. I'm out of touch with most current music. I've listened to some samples on itunes of Jack White and like it. What is a suggested first buy for someone who knows none of his music?

I would say Elephant and Blunderbuss.

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    edited February 2015
    Same as the vault set only black vinyl
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166

Elephant era 7" singles available at TMR.

Thanks for posting this. Been waiting on this announcement. Sold on my vault set as I didn't think much of it. And had the original pressings anyway. Happy to pay $6 though for the different There's No Home For You Here sleeve.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    When should we expect the next vault to ship? This will be my first vault I've signed on for but ill be moving this month probably April 1st. and don't know if i should change my shipping address.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766

When should we expect the next vault to ship? This will be my first vault I've signed on for but ill be moving this month probably April 1st. and don't know if i should change my shipping address.

You mean Vault#5? Well they seem to be going on an annual schedule now (but you never know with 10C). If annual, then the next one wouldn't be pre-ordered until the fall.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,174
    PJ_Soul said:

You mean Vault#5? Well they seem to be going on an annual schedule now (but you never know with 10C). If annual, then the next one wouldn't be pre-ordered until the fall.
    I belive he is referring to tmr's vault pack.

Contact them and tell them about your address change.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Email sales@thirdmanrecords.com. I just checked my vault order, and it says to email them at that address with any questions, and they will get back to you in a day or two.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    new 45 was waiting for me when I got home. Brilliant b-side.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah. I was referring to the TMR vault release. I'll have to contact them.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Awesome news!!! My favorite album from them. Don't look forward to fighting for an RSD release, but I'd anticipate a standard release to follow.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878
    Hells to the yeah!
  • Options
    Elephant was pretty easy to find for RSD a few years back. I think this will get a larger pressing seeing as it has not been widely available. I'm not sweating this being too hard to find.

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,429
    DewieCox said:

Awesome news!!! My favorite album from them. Don't look forward to fighting for an RSD release, but I'd anticipate a standard release to follow.

Or make it the Vault 24 release.
  • Options
    Why make it a vault?

I don't think this will be that hard to get.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't think it will be a Vault. I think the most recent Vault was done with a GBMS vinyl release in mind. Would be be perfectly fine if it is though.

I'm betting the colored vinyl in the nice box will be next to impossible to get. RSD sucks and has since basically the first one, so I don't generally take part. I'll be happy with the common release without all the bells and whistles, but I'll be happily surprised if they include even the fancy packaging with the black vinyl.

EDIT: I read it wrong the first time. I was thinking it was gonna be a box like the Bonnaroo and Amazon Vaults. I hope the lenticular cover makes it to the standard release.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Vault 20 Lazaretto and comp book are up in the vault. I'm passing on this one.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I'm just wondering what special edition will be available at TMR on record store day then.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    edited March 2015

PJ_Soul said:

I belive he is referring to tmr's vault pack.

Contact them and tell them about your address change.

I thought PJ_Soul's post was being sarcastic, maybe I'm wrong.
    #FHP
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    DewieCox said:

I don't think it will be a Vault. I think the most recent Vault was done with a GBMS vinyl release in mind. Would be be perfectly fine if it is though.

I'm betting the colored vinyl in the nice box will be next to impossible to get. RSD sucks and has since basically the first one, so I don't generally take part. I'll be happy with the common release without all the bells and whistles, but I'll be happily surprised if they include even the fancy packaging with the black vinyl.

EDIT: I read it wrong the first time. I was thinking it was gonna be a box like the Bonnaroo and Amazon Vaults. I hope the lenticular cover makes it to the standard release.

I've gone to a few RSDs. If you don't mind going early(4am) and waiting in line(open at 7am) it's not too hard to get what you want. That's at my record store anyway.

Plus like someone said, there usually seems to be plenty of the WS releases. Last couple of times the 45s were readily available after the rush. For the Elephant release I lucked out and won a raffle. I got entry 5 mins before the rest. Made me wish I had shown up at the last minute.
    #FHP
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Pretty pumped about this release! I'll take the either the colored or rsd at this point, just want a copy. Looking forward to the RSD list to be released.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Pretty neat RSD release coming from Thirdman. A vinyl release of Elvis Presley's first recording. Jack bought the original at an auction in January for $300k. The guy just gets IT.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878
    DewieCox said:

Pretty neat RSD release coming from Thirdman. A vinyl release of Elvis Presley's first recording. Jack bought the original at an auction in January for $300k. The guy just gets IT.

:sunglasses:
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    " It will be a 10″, 78 RPM record, with packaging reproduction."
    I won't even be able to play it on my TT, but sadly will still buy it.
    Damn this sickness I have...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited March 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah. I was referring to the TMR vault release. I'll have to contact them.
    Oh yeah, duh. I obviously forgot which thread i was in! :tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    CJ260717 said:

" It will be a 10″, 78 RPM record, with packaging reproduction."
    I won't even be able to play it on my TT, but sadly will still buy it.
    Damn this sickness I have...

78 rpm
    :lol:
    another gimmick from Mr. White

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    When is the current vault supposed to ship?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com