Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Just got tickets to see Jack in Seattle! So excited!

i also got tickets....seattle and portland!!!
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mensane wrote:

I'll be there in Portland!
    #FHP
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    mensane wrote:

I'm flying in from Ottawa to visit family, rearranged the dates so I could see the show.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    new tweet from 3rd Man

"Hi Vault fanatics! Vault package #13 announcement is coming very soon! Keep your eyes on the Vault... it's a good one!"

Hopin to get back on the train this time around. Some Jack White solo action would hit the spot, or GODDAMN!!! get Get Behind Me Satan out in some reasonably priced form or another on vinyl.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    Is it me (or my work computer) or is it confusing how to sign up for this?
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    DewieCox wrote:
    new tweet from 3rd Man

"Hi Vault fanatics! Vault package #13 announcement is coming very soon! Keep your eyes on the Vault... it's a good one!"

Hopin to get back on the train this time around. Some Jack White solo action would hit the spot, or GODDAMN!!! get Get Behind Me Satan out in some reasonably priced form or another on vinyl.

Thanks for the heads-up. At a festival earlier this summer I met the guy that runs the Vault subscription service. I asked him is they were planning to release as part of a future vault package the show Jack did at TMR just before hitting the road for the current tour. His smirked, and said "All I can say is that we record everything for a purpose." Fingers-crossed that we get some solo action for one of the next couple of packages 8-)
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So, as someone that is still getting into Jack White's music is this Vault #13 worth it?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    So, as someone that is still getting into Jack White's music is this Vault #13 worth it?

I'm not that jacked for it and I've been a big White Stripes fan for awhile now. Don't get me wrong, cool to have their first show on vinyl I'm just into the slightly more evolved sound of Elephant and beyond. I can see where this is a pretty big deal, just not for me.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

From a collectible perspective: Yes.
    For personal enjoyment: Wait until they announce the package contents to see if you like what's included. It's not always Jack's stuff that's the main part of the vault releases.
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

For personal enjoyment: Wait until they announce the package contents to see if you like what's included. It's not always Jack's stuff that's the main part of the vault releases.

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/news
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    jjflash wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/news

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up. The wax: :D . Tote bag: :yawn:. Btw....happy 37th to Jack. Hard to believe all he's accomplished in such a relatively short amount of time.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    Today is his birthday so Happy birthday Jack :mrgreen:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Going to see Jack live at WaMu in Seattle on August 14th. :)
  • Options
    Anyone care to comment on being in the tmr vault, as far as the quality of vinyl, getting tickets, benefits etc? the $21 package v. the $60 package? I know what the site says, but I'd like to hear from some actual members.
    Thanks.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Anyone care to comment on being in the tmr vault, as far as the quality of vinyl, getting tickets, benefits etc? the $21 package v. the $60 package? I know what the site says, but I'd like to hear from some actual members.
    Thanks.

Never tried to get tix, but the vinyl stuff is the just a notch below the highest quality(very good) and you can opt in or out with each quarter so you don't pay for/get packages you don't want. Even if you forget to cancel, you can resale them for what you paid at the very least. I haven't been too interested in the last several packages. I dig the Singles compilations about as much as anything else he's put out through the Vault but he decided to quit that.

Seems like he's treading the same ground a little much. There have been 2 live Raconteurs lps and now 3 live WS + Icky Thump mono mix. That's coming from somebody that thinks that stuff is among his best work. Figure in stuff like Wanda Jackson and Karen Elson and it makes me think coming up with cool different stuff is the one negative thing about the whole idea. But like I said, you can opt in and out with each quarter that's not really a big issue.
  • Options
    Thanks.
    DewieCox wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Thanks.

Never tried to get tix, but the vinyl stuff is the just a notch below the highest quality(very good) and you can opt in or out with each quarter so you don't pay for/get packages you don't want. Even if you forget to cancel, you can resale them for what you paid at the very least. I haven't been too interested in the last several packages. I dig the Singles compilations about as much as anything else he's put out through the Vault but he decided to quit that.

Seems like he's treading the same ground a little much. There have been 2 live Raconteurs lps and now 3 live WS + Icky Thump mono mix. That's coming from somebody that thinks that stuff is among his best work. Figure in stuff like Wanda Jackson and Karen Elson and it makes me think coming up with cool different stuff is the one negative thing about the whole idea. But like I said, you can opt in and out with each quarter that's not really a big issue.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    VAULT #13
    JULY 09 2012

Deciding to pull out all the stops for Vault package #13, Third Man Records has dug deep into the archive and is offering its most historically significant collection yet.

The LP for this quarter is the White Stripes first-ever live show. Recorded at the Gold Dollar in Detroit on August 14th, 1997 while opening for Rocket 455 and ‘68 Comeback, this soundboard recording is overly striking in how present and fully-formed the presentation and execution of the White Stripes was so early on. Featuring a blistering cover of the Stooges’ “TV Eye” as well as radically different versions of originals like “Screwdriver” and “Lafayette Blues,” the set is a treat for ALL Stripes fans across the world.

The accompanying 7” is a recording from the White Stripes first-ever live performance, recorded on Bastille Day, (July 14th, 1997) at the Gold Dollar’s open-mic night. Also presented in crystalline soundboard quality, the renditions of “St. James Infirmary”, “Jimmy the Exploder” and “Love Potion #9” are more of the “warts-and-all” variety, but still brim with the childish charm and a heartwarming awareness of how far Jack and Meg would journey from such an unassuming start.

For our bonus item, we’ve revisited the classic White Stripes peppermint logo painted by Jack White around the time of these Gold Dollar shows. The same peppermint would be used as the basis for the first White Stripes t-shirts, as the b-side image of their “Hello Operator” picture disc, on the poster for their s/t record release show and plenty of other places. Noting how wildly popular tote bags have been with our fans, we’ve decided to finally put this iconic image on a tote bag. Perfect for bagging your own groceries, going record shopping or displaying in your White Stripes shrine, this tote is not only printed on both sides of the exterior but also features imagery on the inside.

Sign up for this package before subscriptions close on July 31st. Dare we suggest this might be the most excited we’ve ever been for a Vault release. We hope you feel the same way too.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    vault13revfull.jpg
    i wished this fan club did this sort of package..every 3 months

That's sweet!! Me too!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm so tempted but it's tough to justify the price. Say $10 for a single and $25 for a single LP. The 12" record/groshery bag isn't worth $25. What am I missing?
  • Options
    bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Has anyone received the Vault 12 package yet?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'm so tempted but it's tough to justify the price. Say $10 for a single and $25 for a single LP. The 12" record/groshery bag isn't worth $25. What am I missing?

Add in shipping ;) . One of the main kickers is the collectability of all the pieces. Wrapped/unwrapped, played/unplayed, there are only so many of them pressed. If you're tempted then I say go for it. Worst case and you change your mind....there will be plenty of folks eager to take it off your hands.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

Do an ebay search on completed listing of the previous ones and check out price of some of these, especially the Stripes related ones. And it's just now in it's 3rd year. There's been an Icky Thump mono sell for over $500.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    When will vault #12 ship???
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I have picked up every vault to date so far. Something about owning the complete set. White stripes packages are by far the most valuable, if thats what you are looking for.

Wish I could get my hands on some of the more exclusive Third Man merchandise that they normally sell only at their store. Sadly, live nowhere near nashville. Probably good for my bank account though.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    I believe today is the last day to sign up for #13. I'm on the fence. Should I or am I too late?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Just saw there's a Radio City show (NYC) on Sept 29 for those not going to Montana. Presale 10AM today (7/1)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Suziemay wrote:
    Just saw there's a Radio City show (NYC) on Sept 29 for those not going to Montana. Presale 10AM today (7/1)

Tix sold out instantly!

The highest priced ticket is $106 after fees :o
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Anybody up for a Jack White/TMR Mystery Package?

$35 Shipped to anywhere in North America.
    $40 Overseas.

You don't know what you get until you open it up!

PM me if you'd like to play. You won't be disappointed.

-DMW
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    No one? Really?