Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Is it just me or are Vault items, especially early ones, way more valuable now that the Third Man crew are producing such limited items such as the Flex Disc, Liquid/Lightening vinyls? I know that they have always been throwing out limited stuff, but it seems like more and more people are recognizing the collectibility of Third Man merchandise.

Vault #1 (Icky Thump Mono) is currently on ebay with a $535.00 bid. Damn. Glad I joined up in the beginning. :D
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    jervin007 wrote:
    Is it just me or are Vault items, especially early ones, way more valuable now that the Third Man crew are producing such limited items such as the Flex Disc, Liquid/Lightening vinyls? I know that they have always been throwing out limited stuff, but it seems like more and more people are recognizing the collectibility of Third Man merchandise.

Vault #1 (Icky Thump Mono) is currently on ebay with a $535.00 bid. Damn. Glad I joined up in the beginning. :D

Good to know. Don't ever intend on selling it, but it's cool having such collectible pieces. That might jump ahead of Aenima as my best piece.

I've opted out of the Vault since the Wanda Jackson package and don't feel like I've missed it much. The other packages since haven't really grabbed me but I'll get back in the next time I feel like I'm really missing something. I really enjoyed the 1st 2 singles comps so I might grab one for the right price.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

Good to know. Don't ever intend on selling it, but it's cool having such collectible pieces. That might jump ahead of Aenima as my best piece.

I've opted out of the Vault since the Wanda Jackson package and don't feel like I've missed it much. The other packages since haven't really grabbed me but I'll get back in the next time I feel like I'm really missing something. I really enjoyed the 1st 2 singles comps so I might grab one for the right price.

Yeah, I am right there with you. Definitely a hand me down item, never going to sell. I really think Third Man will continue to gain notoriety and influence the way records are made. Having those early Vault packages, especially because the memberships were lower, are only going to become more valuable.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Has anyone recieved Vault #11 on the east coast?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PSUS2H wrote:
    Has anyone recieved Vault #11 on the east coast?

I haven't in Maine, but saw on TMR site that someone received theres in MASS. Hopefully it will arrive soon!
    PJ:

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    If anybody wants to part with this package, I'd be interested for the right price. Mostly interested in the Singles Comp if anybody is parting it out.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Dewie, I might be trading mine. I'm looking for Avocado, Yield, RVM, LO2L....
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Vault #11 arrived up in Portland, ME today.
    PJ:

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Any 10 clubbers making it to Detroit next week?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Heisenberg wrote:

What's happening there?
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Heisenberg wrote:

I'll be in Detroit today, for the Tigers game. I'm still looking for tickets to Jack's show next week.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    Heisenberg wrote:

What's happening there?

I'll be there!
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Heisenberg wrote:

I'll be in Detroit today, for the Tigers game. I'm still looking for tickets to Jack's show next week.

As of now, balcony seats still available for the afternoon show that got added yesterday...just picked up a single box seat :D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    maynardsux wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

As of now, balcony seats still available for the afternoon show that got added yesterday...just picked up a single box seat :D

Show added yesterday? The afternoon show was announced a while ago, tix were originally for sale in person only in Detroit area. Is this what your talking about?
  • Options
    [/quote]Show added yesterday? The afternoon show was announced a while ago, tix were originally for sale in person only in Detroit area. Is this what your talking about?[/quote]

To be honest, i've been trying to get tickets for the evening show and i wasn't aware of the afternoon show until it appeared on sale at TM on-line yesterday afternoon...the ticket i got was for the show at 2 p.m.
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '14 Detroit
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    maynardsux wrote:
    Show added yesterday? The afternoon show was announced a while ago, tix were originally for sale in person only in Detroit area. Is this what your talking about?[/quote]

To be honest, i've been trying to get tickets for the evening show and i wasn't aware of the afternoon show until it appeared on sale at TM on-line yesterday afternoon...the ticket i got was for the show at 2 p.m.[/quote]

Thanks! I just picked up a ticket for the 2pm show. Can't wait!!
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Well, I wasn't planning on spending the entire day in Detroit, but I am now because I just landed a floor seat for the afternoon show, so I'll be at both. Who wants to get beers in between sets? :D
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Well, I wasn't planning on spending the entire day in Detroit, but I am now because I just landed a floor seat for the afternoon show, so I'll be at both. Who wants to get beers in between sets? :D

Where's your seat for the early show??? I'm main floor row v seat 30. Meet up for beers???? I'm going solo.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Where's your seat for the early show??? I'm main floor row v seat 30. Meet up for beers???? I'm going solo.

I'm flying solo too. Are you right or left for the matinee? Afternoon show I am MNLT (I think) row V like seat 16. Night show I'm same side like Row P or something.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I'm flying solo too. Are you right or left for the matinee? Afternoon show I am MNLT (I think) row V like seat 16. Night show I'm same side like Row P or something.

Main floor right.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

What's happening there?

I'll be there!

You in for beers between shows ofthegirl99?
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Just wanted to add that both nights at The Ryman were AMAZING! Anyone else seeing a show on the rest of his tour, you're in for a damn good show no matter what band you get. First night was a 2 hour set with the set and encore being an hour long each with the males, and they brought it...wow. The 2nd night was the girls and they are fantastic. Jack seems to like playing with them more since I liked that show better even though it was only 1 1/2 hours with a shortened encore. But after that Ball and a Biscuit he played to end the show, I don't know how he could have ended it any better.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Anyone else not get their recent Vault package yet? I wish they sent them with tracking information!!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Just wanted to add that both nights at The Ryman were AMAZING! Anyone else seeing a show on the rest of his tour, you're in for a damn good show no matter what band you get. First night was a 2 hour set with the set and encore being an hour long each with the males, and they brought it...wow. The 2nd night was the girls and they are fantastic. Jack seems to like playing with them more since I liked that show better even though it was only 1 1/2 hours with a shortened encore. But after that Ball and a Biscuit he played to end the show, I don't know how he could have ended it any better.

i was at both shows as well. Wow. I agree that even with the slightly shorter setlist, the second night was definitely more energy. But both were so good. And the Alabama Shakes rocked the house...

did you happen to pick up the triple decker poster set?
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:

i was at both shows as well. Wow. I agree that even with the slightly shorter setlist, the second night was definitely more energy. But both were so good. And the Alabama Shakes rocked the house...

I did, got the black one at Third Man the first night and then got to the show a little before 5:30 and it sold out right after I finally got to the top of the steps. So I got there at 4 the second night and managed to grab the blue and white ones too.
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    mensane wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:

I did, got the black one at Third Man the first night and then got to the show a little before 5:30 and it sold out right after I finally got to the top of the steps. So I got there at 4 the second night and managed to grab the blue and white ones too.

I was just wondering if that triple decker poster was only made available for those two shows at the Ryman....i saw the concept on Jack's website and it looked pretty cool.....what was the cost to get all 3 posters?
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '14 Detroit
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    mensane wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:

exactly the same thing happened to me. black one at the store the first day, blue/white sold out the first night- i was in the line about 15 people back (so i was in line ahead of you). on the second night, we got there at 4 and started the second line- still dont know why no one else thought to do it, everyone just got in the first line with everyone else.

should have the set this week- we took them to UPS thursday morning to ship them home securely.
  • Options
    maynardsux wrote:

I was just wondering if that triple decker poster was only made available for those two shows at the Ryman....i saw the concept on Jack's website and it looked pretty cool.....what was the cost to get all 3 posters?

you could only get the bottom layer (black) at the Third Man Records store before the shows each day. (they had 75 black ones each day). The blue and white layers were only available at the shows. each night they had 75 of each. the layers were $30 each...so $90 for the set.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,546
    Jnich2424 wrote:

I'm damn jealous
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    mensane wrote:

exactly the same thing happened to me. black one at the store the first day, blue/white sold out the first night- i was in the line about 15 people back (so i was in line ahead of you). on the second night, we got there at 4 and started the second line- still dont know why no one else thought to do it, everyone just got in the first line with everyone else.

should have the set this week- we took them to UPS thursday morning to ship them home securely.

See, we originally started that line but they kicked us out of there for some reason and said to go to the other one. A couple of us considered going back over like 10 minutes later but we were fine. I think they opened our doors slightly before you guys. I was inside already by the time I saw the first person come through the front doors