Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Just listened to Love Interrupted and kept thinking the background vocalist sounded a lot like Dolly Parton. Is it her? If not, then who is it?

EDIT: It's a singer named Ruby Amanfu.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Amanfu
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Excelent!! Was wondering when my next dose of new Jack White material would come.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Any of you vault members able to share the password for tomorrows pre-sale?
    #FHP
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,286
    A couple of weeks ago we celebrated our 3rd Year Anniversary as a walking talking real life record label right here at our headquarters in Nashville TN (view pics from the evening here). Joining us were friends, family, supporters old and new and some very lucky Vault members who won a contest to attend. As you've seen previously Jack White played a surprise live set, the one and only Hell Beach opened, legend of Rock n' Roll Greg Cartwright was on the wheels of steel, cake sweets drinks and good times and warm feelings were had by all. Oh, and EVERYONE left with a 3 RPM LP containing EVERY Blue Series single we've ever released.

What's that you say Sonny? Tell us all about it!

The world's first 3 RPM record is a study in contradictions--it's cut at the slowest speed yet it plays faster than anything you've ever heard. It's a compilation of 7 inch records but it's packaged like a 12 inch. But the 12 inch sleeve is made like our 7 inch sleeve (as it is one continues piece of paper folded in half and put into an acetate sleeve). A bit like a snake eating its own tail. It comes with three bumper stickers yet there is no bumper. We gave it away for free yet given what it has fetched on eBay it is proving to be fairly valuable. It's easy to play but impossible to hear. You put your finger on it to slow it down, but this is no easy task (as evidenced by these youtube videos) and we estimate it would take 333 days of 33 hours training per day for your finger, hand, and arm muscles to spin at a continuous speed of 3rpm for X hours and X minutes. Also, you can visit all the little cutouts as they now live in the Third Man store, as does Melissa the "Human Model".
    http://youtu.be/bipMmoHCaZw
    http://youtu.be/pZWgdg2jayw

The question is... why?!? :?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Anyone have extra tix for sale to the show in Asheville NC?
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Any word on when the next Vault release will be mailed out?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    They posted on the Vault they are being held up due to a back log at the pressing plant... With Record Store Day and more vinyl being produced the schedules are being pushed back. Not a bad thing that more vinyl is being produced!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    What do you guys think of the helium balloon release? Looking at the map I would say the majority of them are going to end up in the Gulf of Mexico.
    #FHP
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,541
    Horos wrote:
    What do you guys think of the helium balloon release? Looking at the map I would say the majority of them are going to end up in the Gulf of Mexico.

It would be pretty darn interesting to see what one of those would sell for. I think its a cool idea, not very ecofriendly but it will be interesting to see where some are found. I hadn't thought about some landing in the ocean....guess it all depends on the wind directions.
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    vault12.jpg?t=1333995612
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    When I saw that The Raconteurs were releasing two previously unreleased songs I got really excited. I'm not a Third Man Record member but I'm thinking about it. But it turns out I already have both songs. I'm curious if Brendan Benson is going to change "Open Your Eyes" any, of not thats fine with me! I just didn't realize the name of the song was changed, I shouldn't have recognized it when I saw the names of all his new songs. Now I really can't wait for his new record!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    vault12.jpg?t=1333995612

Not bad. They definitely come up with cool ideas for vinyl color, etc. I am kind of over the DVD's though. I barely ever watch live concert DVD more than once. I really wish they would hook us up with some more framable art. The Death Weather print a while back was awesome.

A little something related to solo Jack White would be pretty bad ass.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    vault12.jpg?t=1333995612

Not bad. They definitely come up with cool ideas for vinyl color, etc. I am kind of over the DVD's though. I barely ever watch live concert DVD more than once. I really wish they would hook us up with some more framable art. The Death Weather print a while back was awesome.

A little something related to solo Jack White would be pretty bad ass.
    Agreed, especially on the DVD thing. I rarely watch it more than once when I get one. I would have liked some sort of special vinyl from Jack solo.
  • Options
    funny, the dvd's are the only things about these packages I'm interested in. Anyone wanna make a deal on any of the White Stripes Vault dvd's?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I think it would be cool for Third Man to switch pleasantly deceive their members with a package down the road. It seems like plenty of people pass on packages that aren't from WS, Raconteurs, or Dead Weather. Third Man should post a sub-par package, have a bunch of people bail, and then instead send out something amazing.
    PJ:

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Jack White flexi disc 800+ on the bay...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Seems kind of cheap for something that hard to get ahold of.
    #FHP
  • Options
    funny, the dvd's are the only things about these packages I'm interested in. Anyone wanna make a deal on any of the White Stripes Vault dvd's?
    Are you selling?
    #FHP
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    [post deleted. soliciting illegal bootlegs. copyright violation. See the Posting Guidelines]
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Are you selling?

buying.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Horos wrote:

1813 now

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    How dors this work? Thinking about giving it as a gift for a friend.

How much does it cost, and you get stuff sent to you?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    How dors this work? Thinking about giving it as a gift for a friend.

How much does it cost, and you get stuff sent to you?

you mean how does the vault work? I asked the same directly to the TMR people, because I wanted to know if the ship to Argentina. Never got a reply from them. You have to pay 60 USD every 3 months, Vault #12 is about to be released, you have to sign up before April 30 in order to get The White Sripes Live Under New Zeland Lights DVD, The Raconteurs 7" and the Karen Elson Eclipse Live vinyl LP, submisions to Vault releases must be made quarterly, you can sign up now for Vault #13, and not sign up for Vault #14 if you don't want to, there is no seniority, but there are some special shows for vault members, you won't be able to get previous vault releases, unless you get them from ebay, and you cannot sign up for the next Vault release right after April 30th, there is a specific moment to sign up, they settle a deadline in order to sign up, and they only produce an exact number of vault releases according to the number of people who sign up, so, if by April 30 sign up 537 people, there are going to be made 537 White Stripes LUNZL DVD, 537 Raconteurs 7" and 537 Karen Elson Eclipse live vinyl LP... at least that is what they say...

By the way, Jack White's Freedom at 21 flexi vinyl disc auction now is a 2506 USD (47 bids)

• Options
    Someone who got one of the flexi discs ripped it digitally and here is the single "Freedom At 21"

http://ilovethethirdman.tumblr.com/post ... aked#notes

Looking at the map of some of the flexi's found I may just drive around Bama next weekend trying to find one hahaha
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Someone who got one of the flexi discs ripped it digitally and here is the single "Freedom At 21"

Looking at the map of some of the flexi's found I may just drive around Bama next weekend trying to find one hahaha

best of lucks, the balloons were launched on April 1st... if you find any, consider yourself very lucky...
    Horos wrote:

btw, remaining 1 day and 15 hours, highest bid is 3650 USD after 59 bids...

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    BOOM SHAKA LAKA!!!!!
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:

best of lucks, the balloons were launched on April 1st... if you find any, consider yourself very lucky...
    Horos wrote:

btw, remaining 1 day and 15 hours, highest bid is 3650 USD after 59 bids...
    Been watching that myself. It going to reach at least 5 grand.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Blunderbuss has leaked.
    #FHP