Options

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I’d love to catch a show but it’s a stadium tour I’m hoping they do some arena shows! 
    I’m with you!! No way I’ll ever go to that stadium for a concert ever again!
    I'm not waiting. Who knows how long John will last this time? Anthony was pretty reserved in interviews and said something to the effect of "let's see how this tour goes before making any future plans."
    I hear you for sure but I vowed to never go to MetLife stadium again. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yeah I’d love to catch a show but it’s a stadium tour I’m hoping they do some arena shows! 
    Yeah that place is awful! Damn good album The Great Apes is so damn good John just makes this band so much better! 
    Yup! I have a feeling this album is a grower. I’m sure I’ll have a different favorite every week. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Stone cold classic. Wow!! It’s also like the musical universe was corrected too! Chad’s drumming is off the fuckin’ chain on this record! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,450
    Stone cold classic. Wow!! It’s also like the musical universe was corrected too! Chad’s drumming is off the fuckin’ chain on this record! 
    Agreed on all points! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yea some of the more open, progressive song structures it allowed to him go OFF. What a beast 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    Waiting for the vinyl to arrive… killing me
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,450
    John just writes songs that fit Anthony so well I’ve never considered Anthony a great vocalist but this album just seems like he really is singing better! I’ve been away from the peppers for a long time I’m biased to only the peppers with John..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited April 2022
    Totally get the love fest with the monumental return and a solid album but Only a few moments popping now. Feel like they didn’t want to give the keys back to Froosh just yet. His overall voice is pretty subdued compared his last go.

Hearing amazing things about the vinyl. Definitely be snagging it.

How’s this compare to the last couple without him?
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Totally get the love fest with the monumental return and a solid album but Only a few moments popping now. Feel like they didn’t want to give the keys back to Froosh just yet. His overall voice is pretty subdued compared his last go.

Hearing amazing things about the vinyl. Definitely be snagging it.

How’s this compare to the last couple without him?
    More guitar solos and stanky funk! Classic Chili’s vibes! I do really like the last two with Josh though. They have such a great catalog overall! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    do you know where I can find the indie black vinyl with alternative LA cover?
  • Options
    The Heavy Wing hit me hard today. Didn’t stand out in first listen, probably because it’s so late into the track list and fatigue was setting in. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,202
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm not waiting. Who knows how long John will last this time? Anthony was pretty reserved in interviews and said something to the effect of "let's see how this tour goes before making any future plans."
    I hear you for sure but I vowed to never go to MetLife stadium again. 
    That RHCP show will be my first time going there. It is a bitch to get to from where I live. So, it might be my last as well.

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    Air23 said:
    I actually cancelled it from Amazon.  They had it at one point. Sold from Amazon (not a 3rd party). No idea how they pulled that off 

My local record stores don’t have it.  Maybe it’s a LA area indie exclusive? 

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,020
    edited April 2022
    A few standouts on the first full listen. Really looking. forward to listening some more during my work commute. Love: Here Ever After, Not the One, These are the Ways, Bastards of the Light, One Way Traffic and The Heavy Wing. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    Flea played the US anthem at the Laker game the other day. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,223
    Just heard one black summer?  on the radio. Sounded really good. Three cheers for RHCP.  Hip hip hooray hip hip hooray hip hip hooray!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    dankind said:
    You guys watch the Fonda videos?

My motherfucking god!

I was at the show! Absolutely incredible! They seem so reinvigorated with John. The new material sounded great live. Loved “These Are The Ways” and “Here Ever After.” But when they ripped into “Suck My Kiss,” that immediately took me back to being a kid first getting into their music 30 years ago. Such an amazing show!

Can’t wait to see them again inside Amoeba on Thursday!! 

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Air23 said:
    I actually cancelled it from Amazon.  They had it at one point. Sold from Amazon (not a 3rd party). No idea how they pulled that off 

My local record stores don’t have it.  Maybe it’s a LA area indie exclusive? 

It's only supposed to be available from LA area indie record stores. Most, if not all, had it available for in-store purchase only for release weekend. Not sure if they're opening up shipping on it. We had to buy this one exclusively to gain access to the Amoeba in-store on Thursday.
  • Options
    This is a top tier Chilis album for me. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    nicknyr15 said:
    I wouldn’t know. I haven’t made it to a record store, and the two vinyl versions I ordered directly from the band’s shop are still in the “label created” stage.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,025
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I wouldn’t know. I haven’t made it to a record store, and the two vinyl versions I ordered directly from the band’s shop are still in the “label created” stage.
    which two did you order, Dan? I'm assuming one is the purple/gold variant? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 308
    The album is fantastic, can’t wait to get the vinyl in the mail and listen on my stereo.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    My purple and gold is scheduled to arrive Friday, but the only completed step is label created 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 308
    My purple and gold is scheduled to arrive Friday, but the only completed step is label created 
    I ordered the purple and gold as well, scheduled for Friday delivery and is finally in transit.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2022
    LukinFan said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    which two did you order, Dan? I'm assuming one is the purple/gold variant? 
    Yes, Lakers and the deluxe gatefold.

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    joe159 said:
    The album is fantastic, can’t wait to get the vinyl in the mail and listen on my stereo.
    sounds fantastic on vinyl.  Minus the XM channel in the car, I’ve only listened to it on vinyl. To my ears it’s just a notch below stadium arcadium but that one is exceptional 
  • Options
    I streamed it yesterday while folding laundry, Flea and Chad shine on this record. I know Flea has a lot of reverence for jazz, and I'm not a jazz expert by any shot, but his playing reminds me of a busy jazz piece. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I streamed it yesterday while folding laundry, Flea and Chad shine on this record. I know Flea has a lot of reverence for jazz, and I'm not a jazz expert by any shot, but his playing reminds me of a busy jazz piece. 
    My 8 year old listened to it with me the other night. His eyes got real big and said “what’s that sound”?

it was Flea.  Even he noticed 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,025
    My 8 year old listened to it with me the other night. His eyes got real big and said “what’s that sound”?

it was Flea.  Even he noticed 
    that's pretty badass
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    Really enjoyed my first 2 listens, waiting for my purple and gold vinyl to supposedly arrive Friday. They have been on Rick Rubin's podcast recently. First was John, then John and Anthony, then I think the rest join. I'm only halfway thru the John and Anthony one but John's was really enjoyable first. He has an incredible memory of starting/getting into the band, first shows, etc.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022