Comments

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    thanks man. at least this will always keep it at top

Yeah :)

Alcohol is fun, just don't overdo it.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I guess you've got some rough stuff going on. Looks like you and your wife are in it together, though, so that's a good thing. Have you talked to her since she got to her family's place?

Hey, a couple questions for background, if you don't mind:

1. Where does your/her family live? (general, if you don't want to give details)
    2. How long have you been in Bellingham?
    3. How long have you been married?

(There'll be more, but let's go from there)

Oh, and the drinking=telling the truth thing. Yeah, sometimes, but I wouldn't go too heavy on it when you're already feeling bad. Take the edge off, man, then just ride with it for a while.

talked to her a little, not good time thouh because he wasnt doing good.

i dont mind the questions. both our familys live in ohio, the toledo area. so its far

we jsut moved here in march of this year.

we have been married since feb of this year. so we got maried and up and moved. it's been quite the test with no family or friends to lean on but i honesty feel ithas made us stronger because it's jsut me and her right now.

im too far into it tonight, just going to keep going.

damn where did i read that about the Dissident riff?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    damn where did i read that about the Dissident riff?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3683162&postcount=811

There?
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:

you made me fucking laugh man :)

no this was about a year ago

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    you made me fucking laugh man :)

no this was about a year ago

That's before my time. You're on your own there ;)
    I think I'll have a drink myself - while attempting my stat homework on a Friday night ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:

Haha! Very funny. All I've found so far is something that said one of the improvs in between songs on the show disc was the beginnings of Dissident, mainly the music to the riff and chorus.

Still looking, though!

Glad you got to talk to your wife. Yes, being away from family can both make it difficult and make you grow stronger together. Just gotta weigh whether your families' needs merit a move back to that area, at least for the short term. Financial considerations are important, but if it's something you really need and want to do, it's amazing how tight a budget can be stretched in a pinch!
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    That's before my time. You're on your own there ;)
    I think I'll have a drink myself - while attempting my stat homework on a Friday night ;)

have one for me, im running out. homework on friday? boo

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    have one for me, im running out. homework on friday? boo

If I don't work on it throughout the weekend I'll run out of time. I have bad time management. I bet Unplugged would keep me in line.
    Now what should I have? Fuck it, I'll take a shot of Bacardi 151 ;)
  • Options
    Haha! Very funny. All I've found so far is something that said one of the improvs in between songs on the show disc was the beginnings of Dissident, mainly the music to the riff and chorus.

Still looking, though!

Glad you got to talk to your wife. Yes, being away from family can both make it difficult and make you grow stronger together. Just gotta weigh whether your families' needs merit a move back to that area, at least for the short term. Financial considerations are important, but if it's something you really need and want to do, it's amazing how tight a budget can be stretched in a pinch!

he's not making any progress and he probably will only get a little better. her parents are older, like jsut ten year younger than my granpa, so mother in-law can't take of him by herself. we'll see. true about the budget, i have found that out.

thank you :)

• Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    If I don't work on it throughout the weekend I'll run out of time. I have bad time management. I bet Unplugged would keep me in line.
    Now what should I have? Fuck it, I'll take a shot of Bacardi 151 ;)

i second that unplugged statement.

holy shite man, 151...

back in the day :)

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i second that unplugged statement.

holy shite man, 151...

aLL IT TAKES IS ONE.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    aLL IT TAKES IS ONE.

but if you take them as the 'flaming dr pepper' you can take at least 4..yum yum

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    holy shite man, 151...

"Back in the day?" ??? Dude, you're still young!
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    but if you take them as the 'flaming dr pepper' you can take at least 4..yum yum

I don't need to mix it ;) I take my alcohol like a man ;) Well sorta, you should see my face when I swallow it :p
  • Options
    "Back in the day?" ??? Dude, you're still young!

yeah :)

i meant back in the day when i used to drink a lot. for no reason other than it was there. what i have tonight is the most that have had since reception, before that it was a long time.

mmm, alcohol

• Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I don't need to mix it ;) I take my alcohol like a man ;) Well sorta, you should see my face when I swallow it :p

i know what you mean, just thought it was cool to light on fire.

that face is universal.

we'll be toasting up when Unplugged comes out!

• Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I don't need to mix it ;) I take my alcohol like a man ;)
    Um, I don't. :p
    danny72688 wrote:
    Well sorta, you should see my face when I swallow it :p
    Not gonna touch that one! Actually, it reminded me of Ed's little "Celine Dion" bit during the setlist marathon in Mansfield. :D

Oh, BTW, I've looked some more, and I think the Dissident stuff was during the sound check.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    My fucking throat and stomach are on fire!!!!
  • Options
    Um, I don't. :p

Not gonna touch that one! Actually, it reminded me of Ed's little "Celine Dion" bit during the setlist marathon in Mansfield. :D

Oh, BTW, I've looked some more, and I think the Dissident stuff was during the sound check.

haha!

you may be right. the closest thing i found is this on googl:

"on the show disc was the beginnings of Dissident (mainly the music to the riff and chorus..."

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    you may be right. the closest thing i found is this on googl:

"on the show disc was the beginnings of Dissident (mainly the music to the riff and chorus..."

Yeah, I just found the MTV CD release, and it lists Dissident as an improv. Not sure if it's between any of the songs in the main set, though.

Uh, Danny, you doing okay there, bud? Need to step out onto the PORCH and drink OCEANS of antacid?

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Uh, Danny, you doing okay there, bud? Need to step out onto the PORCH and drink OCEANS of antacid?

I'm okay, it's been a while since I've ventured into Bacardi 151 ;) Wasn't expecting it! I feel tipsy already, damn I suck :p We need some fucking Unplugged in this bitch!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I'm okay, it's been a while since I've ventured into Bacardi 151 ;) Wasn't expecting it! I feel tipsy already, damn I suck :p We need some fucking Unplugged in this bitch!

I imagine the Bacardi will make you see your homework in a whole new light! Might interfere with the EVEN FLOW of coherent thought. :D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I just found the MTV CD release, and it lists Dissident as an improv. Not sure if it's between any of the songs in the main set, though.

i would listen to it to try and find it but i wont....................

• Options
    I imagine the Bacardi will make you see your homework in a whole new light! Might interfere with the EVEN FLOW of coherent thought. :D

I did 3 problems and got distracted. I've been meaning to fo backto it fdor a few minutes. :p Damn I can't type now either.... I need a higher tolerance!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I did 3 problems and got distracted. I've been meaning to fo backto it fdor a few minutes. :p Damn I can't type now either.... I need a higher tolerance!

haha! holy shite, i just looked back and realized i fucked up typing...im being extra careful now.

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    haha! holy shite, i just looked back and realized i fucked up typing...im being extra careful now.

I think I'm okay now. Just the rush of it all. Been so long since I taken a shot of it. I did two more problems and got distracted again though ;):p
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i would listen to it to try and find it but i wont....................
    Gotta stay strong, man!

Completely off the subject, except that drinking was involved, although I'm not a big drinker. (I actually posted something on this already, but bear with me!;))

Last night I was feeling bummed about dearly departed animals, and I went ahead and raised a toast, bless their fuzzy little (dead) butts! Well, it was a very, very dark, very, very tasty microbrewery beer. So, I'm sitting there watching the BBC broadcast from Reading, and I see this guy jump onto the stage and run across. This was probably my third time watching the BBC version, and I'd never noticed it before. WTF!

I'm sitting there looking at my glass...the growler...the screen...my glass...the growler...the screen...going WTF! I only had one (glass, that is, not growler)! What did the brewery guys add this time?

I'm rubbing my eyes, leaning closer to the monitor, backing the video up. Sure 'nuff, dude launches himself onto the stage and jumps around, runs behind Ed, and gets sacked by this security guy as he runs behind Mike, who seems completely oblivious to the whole thing (head-back, eyes-closed mode). That security guard moved FAST for a big guy; ran the jumper down like he was sacking a quarterback! (No idea what the rough equivalent would be in rugby.)

I had to laugh. Don't know how I'd missed it, but that must have been one determined dude to make it past security and onto the stage! Wonder what happened to him afterwards.

Anyway, I was glad to know that the brewery guys hadn't gotten creative and that my tolerance hadn't just dropped to less than zero. Other people saw that stage rusher, too!

Yeah, pointless little anecdote, but it kept you distracted for a minute, didn't it? ;D

Oh, hang on. The purpose of this thread...

Boy, could I have done with some Unplugged last night! :D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Gotta stay strong, man!

Completely off the subject, except that drinking was involved, although I'm not a big drinker. (I actually posted something on this already, but bear with me!;))

Last night I was feeling bummed about dearly departed animals, and I went ahead and raised a toast, bless their fuzzy little (dead) butts! Well, it was a very, very dark, very, very tasty microbrewery beer. So, I'm sitting there watching the BBC broadcast from Reading, and I see this guy jump onto the stage and run across. This was probably my third time watching the BBC version, and I'd never noticed it before. WTF!

I'm sitting there looking at my glass...the growler...the screen...my glass...the growler...the screen...going WTF! I only had one (glass, that is, not growler)! What did the brewery guys add this time?

I'm rubbing my eyes, leaning closer to the monitor, backing the video up. Sure 'nuff, dude launches himself onto the stage and jumps around, runs behind Ed, and gets sacked by this security guy as he runs behind Mike, who seems completely oblivious to the whole thing (head-back, eyes-closed mode). That security guard moved FAST for a big guy; ran the jumper down like he was sacking a quarterback! (No idea what the rough equivalent would be in rugby.)

I had to laugh. Don't know how I'd missed it, but that must have been one determined dude to make it past security and onto the stage! Wonder what happened to him afterwards.

Anyway, I was glad to know that the brewery guys hadn't gotten creative and that my tolerance hadn't just dropped to less than zero. Other people saw that stage rusher, too!

Yeah, pointless little anecdote, but it kept you distracted for a minute, didn't it? ;D

Nice story :)

Damn straight!
  • Options
    Gotta stay strong, man!

awesome! made me laugh :)

man i got to see this somehow.

that's cool that you drink beer btw

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    awesome! made me laugh :)

man i got to see this somehow.
    Have you not been able to download it yet? If not, we'll have to be sure you get ahold of it. Is your wife a fan, too?
    brainofPJ wrote:
    that's cool that you drink beer btw
    Is that unusual? Seriously, I never know; I tend to march to the beat of my own harmonica! :D

YDWWMPJC?!!